Sunday, February 16, 2014

Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Peanut Butter Granola Bars, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and Ham & Cheese Pockets and more...

Money Saving Mom

CEOMomsOnline.com

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Peanut Butter Granola Bars, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and Ham & Cheese Pockets

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

I had another really successful Freezer Cooking in an Hour session earlier this week!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Remember the Crockpot Granola that I wasn’t thrilled with? Well, I used it in place of the dry ingredients in the No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bar recipe (plus, I added in some chocolate chips — are you surprised?!)

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

The result? Really amazingly delicious granola bars!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

It’s been awhile since I’ve made a batch of Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

After the loaf came out of the oven, I wondered why I’d waited so long to make this again. Because it is SO good!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour
And these Ham & Cheese Pockets are another recipe I hadn’t made for awhile.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Kaitlynn helped me roll out the dough and stuff them, so the pan of pockets had some character, but they tasted delicious, as always.

List of Recipes Made:


The post Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Peanut Butter Granola Bars, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and Ham & Cheese Pockets appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

Already offering advice on great products or ways to save money? Now you can earn money for doing so!

:: Change Your Mind, Change Your Life

change your mind

Guest post from Shelly of Frugal Family Home

Do you tell yourself, I’m just not “this” or I’m not “that”?

I used to tell myself I didn’t like exercise. I would say, “I’m just not the exercising type”. But when I started to think long and hard why I told myself this I couldn’t really come up with an answer.

As a child and teenager, I was awkward. I could walk across the floor and trip over nothing. I would go to walk out a doorway and end up running into the door frame as I left the room. My family would joke with me about the walls jumping out to get me.

My performance in any sports was about the same, awkward and uncoordinated. But I played a lot as a child. But now as an adult I had decided or convinced myself that exercising just wasn’t for me. How did this happen to a once very active kid?

The only logical reason I could come up with was that it’s just what I told myself and I started to believe it. Then, I had an light bulb moment! If I had convinced myself I didn’t like to exercise, then why couldn’t I just change my mind. Why couldn’t I decide I was an exercising person?

So that day began a new way of life for me. I started to get up early and do some form of exercise each day. At first, it wasn’t pretty at all. In just a few moments, I was out of breath and feeling as though I might die.

I decided to give myself a goal, so I could measure my success. My first goal was to do a short CrossFit routine without feeling like I was going to die. It took me about three months and one day I realized this is easy for me. And so my transformation began.

How did it all start for me? It all started with my thought process.

What kinds of things do you tell yourself? 

Do you tell yourself you aren’t a good cook, you aren’t a good mother, you aren’t a good wife, you don’t like exercising or you don’t like to get up early?

Think about how this self talk might be holding you back from becoming the true person you should be. The person you were destined to be. The person God has for you to be.

Change-Starts-in-The-Mind

Here are three things that helped me change my mind:

1. Replace Your Negative Self-Talk

I decided to tell myself I’m active person, I need to exercise to be strong, I need to exercise to be healthy. Once my mind changed, my body followed along. I started to want to get up early (well, most days!) to get my exercising in.

If you have something you really want to change, work on changing your mindset first and see if that change doesn’t become easier.

2. Believe It

I wanted to lose weight last year. But all year long I kept hearing that voice in my head saying you tried so many times and failed.

Instead of fighting that negative self-talk with positive self-talk, I would give in. I had chosen to believe I couldn’t do it… and so I didn’t. I didn’t make the changes I needed to make my goal.

Be mindful of your own doubtful self-talk and counter each thought with a positive one.

3. Get a Support Person

Starting out last year I had an accountability partner. We would check in once a week by email. In each of these emails we would share our goal or goals for that week and how last week went. We would also share what we wanted to do differently this week and what things that might be holding us back.

Find an accountability partner you can check in with each day or each week to help keep you on track. You may find this makes all the difference for you. It’s always good to have positive support for someone you trust.

Changing your life CAN be as easy as changing your mind. I’m not saying it’s an easy process, but once you have made up your mind, the rest of you will follow along.

What kind of things do you tell yourself that might be holding you back from being the person you are meant to be?

Shelly is a homeschooling mom to 2 and wife to her sweetheart of almost 24 years. She blogs at Frugal Family Home about homemaking on a budget. Where she shares money saving advice, recipes, homeschooling helps and more.


The post Change Your Mind, Change Your Life appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.