Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How I Saved Today: Working out at home (+ share how you saved today and you could win a Mrs. Meyer's gift box!) and more...

Money Saving Mom

US-MONEY-SAVING-MOM-BANNER

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Daily Walk Bible

Here's What's New

:: How I Saved Today: Working out at home (+ share how you saved today and you could win a Mrs. Meyer’s gift box!)

How I Saved: Working out at home

Welcome to our at-home gym… currently residing in our garage. The walls are scuffed and it can be a little humid at times, but I love being able to work out at home.

I don’t have to pay for a gym membership. I don’t to spend time driving to a gym and back. I don’t have to figure out childcare. I don’t have to worry about looking somewhat presentable. :)

I can just walk out to the garage, hop on some equipment, and get in a quick workout. At this season of my life, it’s the perfect solution.

And it’s a way that I save money and time every single day.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-30-at-10.46.17-PM-600x427
Tell Us How YOU Saved & Enter to Win A Mrs. Meyer’s Gift Box!

Share something you did today to save money — either in a little way or a big way. I’ll choose one comment to win a free Mrs. Meyers gift box courtesy of ePantry.com! This gift box includes:

Win a Mrs. Meyer's Gift Pack

  • 1 Meyer’s Clean Day dish soap
  • 1 Meyer’s Clean Day hand soap
  • 1 Meyer’s Clean Day countertop spray
  • 1 Meyer’s Clean Day dishwasher tabs
  • 1 Meyer’s Clean Day surface wipes
  • 1 Meyer’s Clean Day scented candle
  • 1 Casabella sponge

The winner of the $50 Starbucks gift card from Saturday’s post was Becky {t_3_st@}

    

:: How We Earned 149 Swagbucks Today

How We Earned 149 Swagbucks Today

I was having some trouble getting the SwagbucksTV and EntertainNow apps to work today, but we still found some other ways to earn some Swagbucks today without spending much time. Here’s what we earned today:

How We Earned 149 SwagbucksHow We Earned 149 Swagbucks TodayHow to Earn 149 Swagbucks

In addition to the usual little Swagbucks earnings we’ve been picking up throughout the day, we also earned 24 Swagbucks for downloading Unsubscriber (it took maybe a minute to download), the HGTV YouTube subscription request got credited today (it maybe took a minute of time to earn 50 Swagbucks for that, too!), and I earned 5 Swagbucks for liking Swagbucks on Facebook.

We already ordered our first $5 Amazon gift card and should have enough to order another $5 Amazon gift card tomorrow — yay!

How many Swagbucks did YOU earn today?

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: 10 Goals This Week + an update on last week’s goals

10 Goals For This Week

Last week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Finish reading Teddy's Button aloud to the kids at lunch time.

2. Have a movie night with Jesse.

3. Write a love note to Jesse.

4. Write thank you notes for my birthday gifts.

5. Work on another craft/sewing project with Kaitlynn.

Personal Goals

6. Work on reviewing and memorizing Romans 1 and Romans 2:1-2.

7. Finish reading I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't), A Proper Pursuit, and Love, Skip, Jump.

8. Run or exercise at least 5 times.

Business Goals

9. Work on chapters 8 and 9 of my book manuscript.

10. Work on draft of my first article for an upcoming magazine column.

Last week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Finish reading Teddy's Button aloud to the kids at lunch time. {I’m determined to actually accomplish this goal this week! We’ve struggled through this book & it’s not been my kids’ favorite, so that’s contributing to how slowly we’re getting through it… and also we’re changing our read aloud time to breakfast because we recently added in extra swimming and ice skating lessons/practices for the girls that were cutting into our previous read aloud time.}

2. Have a movie night with Jesse.

3. Write a love note to Jesse.

4. Start a new sewing or handwork project.

Personal Goals

5. Work on reviewing and memorizing Romans 1 and Romans 2:1-3.

6. Finish reading I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't), A Proper Pursuit, and a few other titles that I’m still picking out and will share in my book post tomorrow.

7. Run or exercise at least 5 times.

Business Goals

8. Continue to work on chapters 8 and 9 of my book manuscript.

9. Write answers to questions for an upcoming online interview.

10. Finish my first article for an upcoming magazine column.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

 

    

:: Cutting Down on Caffeine (I survived another week!)

Bulletproof CoffeeBulletproof Coffee

So, I'm working on cutting back on caffeine this month, as part of the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge. And while last week was harder, I was excited that this week wasn’t as hard. Yay!

This week, I cut back from 1 and 3/4 cups per day to 1 and 1/2 cups per day. And I didn’t really even notice that I’d cut back a little. I am drinking a few cups of herbal tea, too, and I think that helps.

I've already decided this may not be a habit I decide to stick with, but I’m committed to following through with cutting back for this month.

How are YOU doing on cutting back on caffeine?

    



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.