Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Week of Weight-Loss-Friendly Dinners for Under $35 and more...

Money Saving Mom

US-MONEY-SAVING-MOM-BANNER

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Daily Walk Bible

Here's What's New

:: A Week of Weight-Loss-Friendly Dinners for Under $35

dinners-under-35-hero

Amanda at Full Plate Living has a great post up on how to make A Week of Weight-Loss Friendly Dinners for Under $35. Here’s a snippet:

Maybe $35 isn't an impressive price point for you. That averages out to $5 per dinner for two people. However, some of these recipes would serve 4 at my house. And I can pretty much guarantee there would be leftovers.

Perhaps $35 sounded good to begin with, and I just made it sound even better. You're welcome.

Either way, you have a week of high-fiber dinner recipes just ahead.

Click here to read the full post.

    

:: Get FREE Personalized Organizational Help + Join the Get Organized Challenge!

Join the Get Organized Challenge

Do you need some help getting organized? Davonne Parks is offering Free Personalized Organizational help to those who struggle to get organized.

Just submit photos of your mess with a short list of questions about that mess. Davonne will reply within 72 hours with encouragement and specific steps you can take to declutter and get organized.

GetOrganizedButtonWeb

PLUS, anyone whose mess is featured on her blog will receive a free copy of her new book, Chaos to Clutter-Free. (Your mess can be featured anonymously.)

In addition, Davonne is doing a Get Organized Challenge. Anyone who joins and completes the challenge will receive a either a $5 gift card to a coffee shop or a free copy of one of her ebooks.

As an added bonus, everyone who submits their mess by Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 11:59pm EST will automatically be entered to win a $50 Amazon gift card!

Head over to DavonneParks.com to learn more and join the Get Organized Challenge.

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: Cutting Back on Caffeine (whose idea was this anyway??)

Cutting back on Caffeine

So, I’m working on cutting back on caffeine this month, as part of the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge. And yikes, this is harder than I thought.

I switched to only using cream or half and half in my coffee a few months ago (I know, no sugar, people! Can you believe it??), but I do love me my coffee.

However, I’m determined to follow through with this challenge, so I’ve cut back to 1 and 3/4 cups per day instead of my usual two cups. I plan to slowly keep cutting back until I’m at 1 cup per day by the end of the month.

I’ve already decided this may not be a habit I decide to stick with. Because coffee is one of life’s little pleasures to me and something I savor every day! :)

How are YOU doing on cutting back on caffeine?

P.S. Pictured above was my lunch today. I “Trim Healthy Mama-fied” the Blueberry Crisp from Bread & Wine and it is SO good! I cannot believe how much I love this way of eating… I never thought that sweet-tooth, carb-loving me would survive without sugar and lots of carbs. But I’m not just surviving; I’m thriving — and it’s been five months now, so I think we might be able to officially declare it a lifestyle change??

    

:: 10 Goals For This Week

10 Goals For This Week

So last week wasn’t the most productive week goal-wise, but we had out-of-town guests for two days, I had a half day of coaching with some folks who flew in from New York, and I spent hours and hours on my book manuscript. It was definitely productive, just in a different sense!

The good news? My manuscript is getting closer and closer to being done — I’m working on chapters 8-10 the next few weeks and then I’ll be sending it out to a few different people to critique, then it will be another round of edits, and then I’ll officially turn it in! Yay!

I’ve poured my heart and soul into this and I can’t wait to share it with you when it’s published.  I’m also excited to be in the home stretch because it means that I’ll have more regular sleeping routines, more of a social life, get to hang out with the people I love more, and get to actually read more of other people’s books again! :)

Last week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Finish reading Teddy's Button aloud to the kids at lunch time.

2. Have a movie night with Jesse.

3. Write a love note to Jesse.

4. Spend 30 minutes decluttering our house.

5. Work on another craft/sewing project with Kaitlynn.

Personal Goals

6. Work on reviewing and memorizing Romans 1 and Romans 2:1-2.

7. Finish reading I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't), A Proper Pursuit, and Love, Skip, Jump.

8. Run or exercise at least 5 times.

Business Goals

9. Work on chapters 7 and 8 of my book manuscript.

10. Work on Price Comparison project for All You magazine (I'm gathering some local prices for an upcoming feature they are doing in their magazine.)

This week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Finish reading Teddy's Button aloud to the kids at lunch time.

2. Have a movie night with Jesse.

3. Write a love note to Jesse.

4. Write thank you notes for my birthday gifts. {Yes, I turned 33 last week. I can hardly believe it! But I’ve loved every one of my 33 years, so I’ll take it… even if it does sound old!}

5. Work on another craft/sewing project with Kaitlynn.

Personal Goals

6. Work on reviewing and memorizing Romans 1 and Romans 2:1-2.

7. Finish reading I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't), A Proper Pursuit, and Love, Skip, Jump.

8. Run or exercise at least 5 times.

Business Goals

9. Work on chapters 8 and 9 of my book manuscript.

10. Work on draft of my first article for an upcoming magazine column. {Pretty stoked about this opportunity and cannot wait to share more in a few months!}

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.


    



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.