Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Swagbucks Paid For My Baby Preparations and more...

Money Saving Mom

Kid Call mobile app

Faith that Sticks

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: Swagbucks Paid For My Baby Preparations

Today's Swagbucks success story is from Mindy:

I have been an avid Swagbucks user for years now, and have always cashed my Swagbucks in for Amazon gift cards. I usually bought textbooks for college, or treated myself to clothes or phone accessories. All that changed when I found out that I was expecting a baby last fall.

I used the next nine months to score all the Swagbucks I could.

Since I was not going out as much and was on bed rest by the end of my pregnancy, I was easily racking up Swagbucks. I would simply use Swagbucks search, Swagbucks TV, and watch & earn offers to redeem one or two $5 Amazon gift cards a week.

Along with signing up for Amazon Mom to save 20% on baby gear and get free 2-day shipping, I started my newborn shopping.

I used Swagbucks to purchase a fetal heart rate monitor at the beginning of pregnancy. I bought everything from my Boppy pillow to diapers and wipes to my bottle brush. I started my cloth diaper stock pile using my Swagbucks as well… and I even had enough Amazon gift card credit left over to purchase a book that I gave to my significant other from the baby.

I love Swagbucks, and continue to buy my diapers and wipes for free with my Amazon gift cards!

Mindy: Could you email me so I could send you your Amazon gift card as a thank you for sharing your story?


The post Swagbucks Paid For My Baby Preparations appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

Already offering advice on great products or ways to save money? Now you can earn money for doing so!

:: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #12

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

I've set aside the month of March to really focus on organization in my home and life. And I'd love for you to join me!

Day 12 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there's something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life!}

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals, and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.

::Complete your morning routine {if you don't have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}

::Set the timer for 15 minutes and vacuum the main living areas of your home.

::Clean your microwave, stove top, and/or oven.

::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.

Get Your Free Ebook + Printable Checklists

I put together an ebook with encouraging articles, all the daily assignments, plus printable checklists so you can know exactly what’s planned for the month and to allow you to work at your own pace, if you’d like.

To grab your free ebook so you can participate in this challenge, just fill out the form below with your name and email address. You’ll need to confirm your email address and then your free ebook will be sent to you instantly.



Are you planning to join us today? If so, leave a comment below!


The post 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #12 appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #11 (update)

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

I'm so excited about how many of you are joining us for the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge! If you missed today's assignment, you can find it here.

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home
I was so excited to open up our silverware drawer and discover that it wasn’t at all as messy as I’d expected it to be. I have been trying to stay on top of it more and had recently cleaned the crumbs out of it, so it’s encouraging to realize that those little habits of keeping on top of dirt and clutter are making a difference!4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

It didn’t take long and it looked great!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

And I cleaned out the cupboard above the stove and discovered a pile of stuff to get rid of. I was really surprised that all of that stuff was up there!

How you do on Assignment #11? I'd love to have you share your progress and success with us so we can be inspired. Either post a link to your blog post below or leave a comment with your update.


The post 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #11 (update) appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

:: 52 Different Ways to Save $100 Per Year: Make Homemade Cards {Week 48}

Making Homemade Cards

(Homemade cards made by Amanda.)

Every week for 52 weeks, I'm sharing a different way you can save $100 this year. If you do all of these things, you'll be able to save over $5,000 this year alone! Many of these things will likely be things you're already doing, but hopefully all of you will pick up at least a few new ideas or some inspiration from this series.

You can spend a lot of money buying Hallmark cards… possibly as much as $100 per year, or more. For instance, if you typically spend $4 per card and you purchase 25 cards per year for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and other occasions — that’s $100 per year you’re spending on something that will most likely just be thrown out after it’s received.

Making Homemade Cards

Instead of having that money go straight into the trash can, save yourself a nice chunk of change by making your own homemade cards. Not only is it a fun way to exercise your creativity, it also will often be a lot more meaningful.

Make Handmade Cards

There are so many different ways to make your own homemade cards. If you have some magazines, cardstock, and glue, you can get creative making collage cards with cut-out words, phrases, and pictures that remind you of the card’s recipient.

Mixed Molly has some fantastic ideas for recycling last year’s Christmas cards into new Christmas cards for this year. You could use this same idea for cards for other occasions, too.

It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time to make a homemade card. You probably have supplies on hand that could work. However, if you want to, you can come up some really amazing homemade card ideas, too.

Not Crafty? Write a Letter Instead!

Maybe you feel like you’re not crafty and creative at all. Never fear! You don’t have to pull out the glue gun and glitter. Write a meaningful letter, instead!

Here’s an idea from Victoria who blogs at Snail Pace Transformations:

I don't remember the exact Mother's day. I don't remember even why I picked that Mother's day to give this gift, but I have been forever touched by it's impact.

That year I grabbed a dollar store card, and in it, I placed a simple list written on plain paper. Little did I realize how much my mother would cherish that list. Perhaps if I did, I would have chosen nicer paper. Perhaps I would have used my best handwriting, but then again, I doubt that would have changed the cord it struck in my mother's heart.

On the list, written with the ink of a inexpensive dollar store pen, were 10 things my mom held dear.

What were those 10 things? What was that list? Why did it touch my mother's heart so?

The title read "10 Reasons Why I am Glad You Are My Mother".

Each point I thought about, some were simple "I love your habit of backwards dinners" some were more deep "thanks for providing the best you could for me with what you had".

Never was a thank you said, never was the list even mentioned until one year when my mom knew her time on earth was coming to an end. She said, "honey, the best Mother's day gift you ever gave me was that list. In fact, I still have it an read it often".

Words (not things) have lasting power.

Do you have any quick, easy, and inexpensive homemade card ideas? I’d love to hear about them — and feel free to share links to your blog post(s) or other ideas online, too!


The post 52 Different Ways to Save $100 Per Year: Make Homemade Cards {Week 48} appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

:: 10 Goals For This Week

10 Weekly Goals

Last Week's Goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Read 3 chapters of A Big Year for Lily to the girls. Finish reading Jungle Doctor's Fables. Read a few picture books with Silas.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Blog about the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge.

Personal Goals

4. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-28.

5. Exercise four times.

6. Finish reading The Surprising Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages and I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't)

7. Drink 8 glasses of water every day.

Blog/Business Goals

8. Practice my talks for the Hearts At Home Conference.

9. Work on my talks for the Teach Them Diligently Nashville Conference.

10. Write three content pieces for my blog.

This Week's Goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Read 4 chapters of A Big Year for Lily to the girls. Read 5 chapters of The Imagination Station: Hunt for the Devil’s Dragon. Read a few picture books with Silas.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Blog about the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge.

4. Have an at-home movie date with Jesse.

Personal Goals

5. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-28.

6. Exercise four times.

7. Finish reading I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't), The Antelope in the Living Room, Fifteen Minutes, Debt-Free Living in a Debt-Filled World, and In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day.

8. Drink 8 glasses of water every day.

Blog/Business Goals.

9. Finish tweaking my talks for the Teach Them Diligently Nashville Conference.

10. Write three content pieces for my blog.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.



The post 10 Goals For This Week appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

:: 12 Easy Paleo-ish Crock Pot Meals

The post 12 Easy Paleo-ish Crock Pot Meals appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.