Tuesday, March 4, 2014

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #2 and more...

Money Saving Mom

CEOMomsOnline.com

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #2

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

I’m so sorry that this is late this morning — I didn’t have internet for a few hours this morning! Thanks for your patience! :(

I've set aside the month of March to really focus on organization in my home and life. And I'd love for you to join me!

Every weekday morning at around 10 a.m. EST, I'll be posting the day's assignment and then every evening at around 8 p.m. EST, I'll be posting my progress and pictures, along with a link-up for you to share your progress and pictures, too.

Day 2 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there's something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life!}

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals, and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.

::Complete your morning routine {if you don't have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}

::Set the timer for 15 minutes and do a quick-clean of your kitchen: wash the dishes/load the dishwasher, clear off the countertops, and, if you have time, wipe down the countertops and the outside of the cupboards with wet rag or cleaning cloth.

::Clean out your refrigerator. There's a step-by-step guide for cleaning out your refrigerator here.

::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.

Note: If you work outside the home or have a really busy week with little time for extra projects, just do the bolded project above.

Get Your Free Ebook + Printable Checklists

I put together an ebook with encouraging articles, all the daily assignments, plus printable checklists so you can know exactly what’s planned for the month and to allow you to work at your own pace, if you’d like.

To grab your free ebook so you can participate in this challenge, just fill out the form below with your name and email address. You’ll need to confirm your email address and then your free ebook will be sent to you instantly.



Are you planning to join us today? If so, leave a comment below!


The post 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #2 appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

Already offering advice on great products or ways to save money? Now you can earn money for doing so!

:: 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #1 (update)

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

I’m so excited about how many of you are joining us for the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge! If you missed today’s assignment, you can find it here.

We’re on the tail end of early Spring Break/vacation right now, so I actually wasn’t home today… but I did get dressed in an outfit I love, I did make a to do list, and I made out my list of 10 goals for this week.

And then before I left for vacation, I worked ahead on today’s projects…

4 Weeks to a More Organized HomeThe contents of my purse… I put away the hat and earrings, but everything went back in.

By the way, I have fallen in LOVE with zippered pouches — I use one for my coupons/gift cards and the other for all the odds and ends I like to carry (pens, head phones, mints, chapstick, lotion, hand sanitizer, etc.) It keeps things so much more organized and helps things not get lost at the bottom of my purse.

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

Speaking of the bottom of my purse, guess what I found there? Yikes!!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

And here were the 7 things I found to get rid of. Some will go in the trash and the books will either be donated or passed onto a friend.

How you do on Assignment #1? I'd love to have you share your progress and success with us so we can be inspired. Either post a link to your blog post below or leave a comment with your update.



The post 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #1 (update) appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: 10 Goals For This Week

10 Weekly Goals

Last Week's Goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Read 2 chapters of A Big Year for Lily to the girls. Read 2 chapters of Jungle Doctor's Fables. Read a few picture books with Silas.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

Personal Goals

3. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-28.

4. Exercise four times.

5. Finish reading Sarah's Key, On Every Side, and Restless.

Blog/Business Goals

6. Get everything ready for the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home challenge starting on March 3, 2014.

This Week’s Goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Read 3 chapters of A Big Year for Lily to the girls. Read 3 chapters of Jungle Doctor's Fables. Read a few picture books with Silas.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Blog about the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge.

4. Make Homemade Whipped Butter.

Personal Goals

5. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-28.

6. Exercise four times.

7. Finish reading The Surprising Secrets of Highly Happy Marriages and I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't)

8. Drink 8 glasses of water every day.

Blog/Business Goals

9. Put together a special download page for an upcoming event.

10. Tweak and practice my talks for the Hearts At Home Conference.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.



The post 10 Goals For This Week appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    

:: How I’m Cutting My Gift Budget By 75%

gift budget

Guest post from Rachael of Thriving on Thrifty

Every month, I designate a specific amount of our budget for various gifts (i.e. birthdays, Christmas, etc.). While I think it’s great that we have the money saved, I decided that we were spending too much of our budget on this particular area.

Therefore, this year I gave myself a challenge that I hope will inspire some of you as well. I cut my monthly budget by 75% and have found other creative ways to come up with the money.

Here is my strategy to cut my gift budget and put more money to other needed areas:

1. Lower the Amount Spent By Shopping Early with Deals. 

I actually started shopping for Christmas as soon as last Christmas was over. I already have over half of my Christmas shopping complete and probably spent less than half of what I would have normally spent on these items by shopping clearance items and deals.

2. Use Money-Making Apps and Websites to Earn Gift Cards.

Here are a few that I have been using so far this year to help pay for my gift budget:

  • Swagbucks: I have been a member for at least a year but just recently found a way for me to make Swagbucks without spending a lot of time. I downloaded the SBTV app and try to hit my daily goal of 50 swagbucks by watching videos. I also do some Virool videos on the Swagbucks App as they become available and do the daily poll each day.
  • PerkTV App:  I just recently started using this app. I am able to run continuous videos and earn points which can then be redeemed for various gift cards.
  • ChatAbout: I just signed up for this site and really like it so far. It doesn’t take me too much time to reach my daily goal of 55 points by chatting about various topics and taking their daily poll. I have already redeemed twice for a Paypal redemption, and I just got started a couple of weeks ago!
  • Viewpoints: This site allows you to review various products in exchange for points. These points can then be redeemed for gift cards.
  • ExpoTV: This site offers points in exchange for video reviews. I have redeemed several times off of this site since I started using it last year.
  • SavingStar: I use the cash back that I get through shopping with the SavingStar App to cash in for my gift fund.
  • Ebates: I use Ebates when I shop at various stores online to get a percentage of my purchase back. When I get my rebate check each quarter, I plan to put this in my gift fund.

Creatively Use Freebies and Rewards Programs.

Each time I find a freebie deal either online or in the store, I try to think about how I could creatively use these items as presents.

Also, many stores have rewards programs for purchases or occasionally offer free credits. Even if they aren’t huge credits, you can usually shop in the clearance section to find great deals.

How do you stretch your gift budget? I’d love to hear!

Rachael Lachniet is a stay at home mom who enjoys learning ways to save money for her family and tries to share these ideas with others on her blog, Thriving on Thrifty.

photo source


The post How I’m Cutting My Gift Budget By 75% appeared first on Money Saving Mom®.

    




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.