Monday, October 2, 2017

When it feels like there's nothing you can do to make a difference… and more...

I took this photo last night. This morning I woke up to the horrific news in Las Vegas. I don't know about you, but all around me right now, there is sadness and heartbreak and hurt and overwhelm. And it […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

When it feels like there’s nothing you can do to make a difference…

I took this photo last night. This morning I woke up to the horrific news in Las Vegas.

I don’t know about you, but all around me right now, there is sadness and heartbreak and hurt and overwhelm.

And it can feel like there’s nothing we can really do to make a difference.

It’s true, maybe you and I can’t change the world on our own. But we can make a difference right where we are — in our homes, our neighborhoods, our communities.

We can give light and hope and courage and love to those who are hurting, struggling, suffering, grieving.

We can give the gift of a smile. We can hug someone who needs it. We can look into a hurting friend’s eyes and really listen and let her know that she is seen and heard.

We can text someone or call someone to remind them that we care. We can bring a plate of cookies or a loaf of fresh bread to someone who is struggling or lonely.

We can write a note, make a phone call, offer to help.

We don’t have to wait for big opportunities to make a difference. If we all go about our day looking for ways to bring help and hope and healing, collectively, we can make such a difference!

If you are struggling today or hurting or just feeling overwhelmed, I would love to let you know that you are seen and heard in this little piece of the online world. Leave a comment here or send me a message and I would be honored to be a safe place for you to share what you’re going through. I would love to not only listen, but to also pray for you.

And if you are hurting today, I just want you to know: you are not alone. And you are loved. ❤️

    
 

What to Buy (and Skip) in October

What to Buy (and Skip) in October

Julie from Frugally Blonde put together a great list of what to buy (and skip) in October.

    
 

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.