Sunday, October 1, 2017

A Peek Into Our Week This Past Week

Welcome to my weekly post where we take a break from money-related posts and I share about what I'm loving right now and give you a little peek into our life from the past week. You guys. I never thought […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's what's new:

grocery-university-300x250

money-making-mom-300x250

A Peek Into Our Week This Past Week

Welcome to my weekly post where we take a break from money-related posts and I share about what I'm loving right now and give you a little peek into our life from the past week.


You guys. I never thought I would be a pet person. Ever. Um, well, Quill has changed all of that.

Earlier this week, I was showing the ladies at my Discipleship Group *pictures of him on my phone.* And then I caught myself and was like, “Who are you anymore?!?” Well, apparently, this little guys has weazled his way into our hearts… including my formerly-non-pet-loving heart. 🙂

I spent all of Saturday at a retreat with the ladies from our Discipleship Group group at church. We had sessions, we had team building exercises (here we were given the challenge of getting 11 ladies onto this platform with no feet touching the ground — we came up with a creative solution!), and some in-depth small group time. It was so good!

I just love how much this boy loves baseball! Their team has struggled to win games this year, so he was so excited that they won two of their three games this week!

I don’t share many pictures or videos of Kathrynne online per her request, but she gave me permission to share this. I just love watching how much this girl loves life. [She had came straight home from Jiu Jitsu in this photo and (still in her GI) started in on her homework. 😉]

This year, as I’ve changed the way I’ve parented, my relationship with her has grown so much richer. We used to butt heads a lot; now she’s one of my closest friends.

I used to struggle to get to her to open up. Now she and I have long heart-to-heart conversations multiple times per week.

She tells me often, “Mom, I love when you hang out with my friends. They all think you’re so cool. And I do, too.”

I’m so grateful that God opened up my eyes to how I was micromanaging my kids and helped me to change from parenting for behavioral modification to parenting out of a heart to point my kids to Jesus and the Gospel.

I’m a work in progress, but the fruit of these changes in my relationships with my kids has blown me away.

Last year, I just didn’t know how I was going to survive the teen years. Now, I can say with all honesty, I’m excited about them! Thank You, Jesus!

One of the highlights of this past week: getting to hang out with MacKenzie and her friend, Rebekah, who were in town for a conference.

Links You Should Check Out

    
 

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.