Sunday, June 1, 2014

Peek Into Our Week: Lazy Days, Night at the Pool, a Surprise Party, and a trip to Little Rock

Money Saving Mom

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Daily Walk Bible

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: Peek Into Our Week: Lazy Days, Night at the Pool, a Surprise Party, and a trip to Little Rock

After four very full weeks, this week was a much slower-paced week. It was so nice… and I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more weeks like this in our future. :)

We spent Memorial Day at home catching up on random projects and then took dinner to some new friends of ours, Brent & Tammy, who were home-bound because Brent recently tore his Achilles and was waiting until the swelling went down so he could have surgery. (He ended up being able to have the surgery on Wednesday and it was successful — we’re so grateful!).

We had a blast and loved getting to know them better! (And sadly, I realized I didn’t get any pictures of our fun evening!)

Peek Into Week

Tuesday was a Lazy Day at our house. We slept in, did basic chores and homeschooling, made Cinnamon Rolls, and then watched movies, tackled a mountain of laundry together, and went to bed early. I love days like that!

And there was a reason we went to bed early… because I had a 5:30 a.m. flight to catch to Little Rock for some radio broadcast tapings and filming with Family Life. In order to be presentable for the day and get to the airport in a timely manner, I got up at 2:45 a.m. Not my favorite wake-up time, but since I’d gotten good sleep the three days before, it wasn’t bad.

Peek Into Week

I love the opportunity flying affords me to get in some quiet reading, focused writing, and sometimes just quiet praying and listening to music.

Here’s a picture of my travel companions on my trip to Family Life: my Bible, a Mark Batterson book that I loved reading, Fast Company magazine, and Starbucks!!

{I subscribed to Fast Company magazine as part of a promo not too long ago and it’s become one of my new favorite magazines. If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur, I definitely recommend it. And this weekend, you can get it for just $4.50 for a one-year subscription!}

Peek Into Week

Thursday was another Lazy Day. Guess what we did? More laundry, homeschooling, a few projects and some movies. I love simple, quiet days at home!

Peek Into Our Week

Friday evening was Pool Night with our friends the Smiths and Acuffs. So much fun… especially when the guys had a sort of Diving Showdown. Hilarious! :) (Photo from Angie’s instagram — because my phone was dead!)

Peek Into Week

Saturday afternoon we had a surprise party for our dear friend, Ann Voskamp, to celebrate the fact that her book, One Thousand Gifts has sold over a million copies. How incredible is that??

Ann inspires me so much with how she lives intentionally, loves well, and chooses gratitude. I’m so thankful for her life and her example!

Peek Into Week

While I was at Ann’s party, Jesse and the kids went to a birthday party for Tammy & Brent’s daughter, Kassidi. Silas and Kaitlynn had fun playing ping-pong for the first time.

Peek Into Week

And Kaitlynn got to hang out with Mrs. Tammy — these two had fun together, can’t you tell?!

So that was our week in a nutshell. How was YOUR week? Anything interesting or exciting happen? I’d love to hear!

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.