Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Peek Into Our Week: Cousins, Krispy Kreme, Home Depot Kid's Workshop, and a new morning routine! and more...

Money Saving Mom

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Daily Walk Bible

Screen-Shot-2014-05-28-at-1.14.37-PM

Here's What's New

:: A Peek Into Our Week: Cousins, Krispy Kreme, Home Depot Kid’s Workshop, and a new morning routine!

Peek Into Week

We had a much more laid back week this week — which was so nice! We started the week off by having my brother, sister-in-law, and their two girls here. Our kids were so excited to get to see their cousins!
Peek Into Week

We visited some historic sites in Franklin, including the site of the Civil War Battle of Franklin.

Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 8.05.43 PM

We also visited the McGavock Confederate Cemetery.

Peek Into Week

Learning more of the history surrounding the Battle of Franklin was fascinating — and made us want to read and learn all we can about it and other historical events in this area now that we live here in TN.

Peek Into Week

Later that evening, we went to Sweet CeCe’s for an ice cream treat!

Peek Into Week

The summer activities began this week for our kids! To keep it simple, each child got to choose one sport/lessons to participate in.

Peek Into Week

Silas chose soccer, Kaitlynn chose ice skating, and Kathrynne chose swimming. It’s so fun to watch them throwing themselves wholeheartedly into something they love and to see their determination, endurance, and perseverance being built in the process.

{By the way, for those of you who asked to see a picture of my new bag from Charming Charlie, you can see it in the picture above.}

Peek Into Week

This week, I worked on making a new morning routine a habit (see the new routine here, if you missed my post on it). I’m going to keep blogging about my morning routine every day this coming week to help me (hopefully!) make it more of a habit… because I need all the accountability I can get!

Peek Into Week

Wednesday, I practically floated home after my grocery shopping trip… because I stayed under budget and found some pretty good deals (see everything I bought and the prices I paid in this post here)! Not anything downright and utterly amazing, but SOOO much better than my first TN shopping trip.

I'm making headway — huzzah!!! Next week, I might just be brave enough to try using coupons at Publix!

Peek Into Week

On Thursday, Jesse and I did a little cooking in the kitchen together. You can find the recipe links for what we made and lots more pictures here.

Peek Into Week

It was National Doughnut Day on Friday and we celebrated by getting FREE Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Because who can resist free Krispy Kreme??!

Peek Into Week

Today, our kids enjoyed another Free Kid’s Workshop at The Home Depot! These Kid’s Workshops are the first Saturday of every month and my kids LOVE them. They get to create some sort of fun project, all the supplies and tools are provided, and it’s completely free! 

So that was our week in a nutshell. How was YOUR week? Anything interesting or exciting happen at your house? Tell us about it in the comments!

    

:: 12 Books I Plan to Read in June

12 Books I Plan to Read in June

As I shared in January, I'm changing the way I'm approaching my reading goals in 2014. Instead of picking books for the whole year, I'm just choosing books a month at a time.

I’m probably being overly ambitious with my book list for June, but since we’re heading into summer and life has settled down for us a lot more now that the move and my busy travel season are behind us, I’m really hopeful I’ll have time to get back to more reading. We’ll see!

At any rate, I’m going to attempt to read 12 books in June (some of these are carried over from my April and May lists since I didn’t get much reading done those months). Here’s my list of what I’m hoping to read:

12 Books I Plan to Read in June

I also am reading through the Bible using the plan in my Blessing Journal and reading one devotional from Jesus Today every day.

Books I Plan to Read in June

3 Books I Plan to Read Aloud to My Kids

What books are you planning to read in June? Leave a comment and let us know — and then you can come back at the beginning of July to tell us what you ended up reading and what you thought of the books you read!

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.