Wednesday, September 21, 2016

You Can't Change the Whole World, But You Can Love One Person Today

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

21 days email header graphic

Here's what's new:

money-making-mom-300x250

make-over-your-mornings-worn-out-300x250

You Can’t Change the Whole World, But You Can Love One Person Today

CP enewsletter

My South African friend, Annelien, took this photo the first day that we went to the Maubane Community Centre on our recent trip to South Africa. I think it aptly captures how much I love this place.

I came here in January 2015 and fell in love with these kids — many who come from child-headed households. When I’m back at the Maubane Community Centre, my heart feels like it just might burst.

Hungry for Love

unnamed

To see that hope and life that is springing up amongst this community. To be surrounded by children who just want to hold my hands, hug me, and sit on my lap. To see how God is raising up leaders from this community who are completely transforming lives.

It’s beautiful. It’s inspiring. It’s heart-warming. And standing on this red, dusty plot of ground among all these children makes me come alive like almost nowhere else on earth. I love this place and I can never get enough of it!

Hungry for Love

I especially can’t get enough of the babies and little kids. Be still my heart.

I held so many babies and little kids on our trip. My heart was broken again over how hungry they are for love.

More than food (which is scarce), more than water (which there is a desperate need for), the kids just want to be held and loved on.

Hungry for Love
unnamed-64

To be in South Africa, to see the babies and children, to see how overwhelming the needs are, reminds me afresh of why I blog.

I can’t meet all the needs, hug all the babies, or feed all the children, but I want to be faithful with what God has given me and be obedient to what He has called me to. Most importantly, I want to live my life with arms wide open.

Because, as our trip reminded me again, the seemingly little things really do make a big difference.

You can’t change the whole world, but you can love one person today.

Hungry for Love

Read the Rest of My South Africa Posts Here:

    
 

21 days email header graphic

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.