Monday, January 26, 2015

My Monday Morning Homemaking Plan + Today's Cleaning Project and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

300x250fcartoon

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: My Monday Morning Homemaking Plan + Today’s Cleaning Project

My Monday Morning Homemaking Plan

It’s Monday and guess what that means? That means it’s time for our weekly deep-cleaning project! Every Monday morning this year, I’ll be assigning us all a deep-cleaning project to tackle (well, that is, if want to join us!)

Today’s project is to tackle your refrigerator. And I selfishly assigned this one because mine needs some serious TLC! :)

Here’s my plan for this morning:

  • Read my Bible, exercise, and shower.
  • Get dressed to my shoes. (Thanks, Flylady!)
  • Eat some breakfast, read aloud to the kids, start a load of laundry.
  • Morning chores with the kids.
  • Jesse take Kathrynne & Silas to the dentist. Kaitlynn stay home with me to work on her school projects.
  • Switch the laundry.
  • Clean out the refrigerator — toss expired items, wipe down shelves & door, re-organize.
  • Morning Time with the kids.

This evening, I’ll share a post about how my morning well and give you an update (with pictures) what I did and how my refrigerator-cleaning project went.

Need some motivation? Check out my post on 10 Ways to Make Cleaning More Fun.

Want to join me? Leave a comment to let us know you’re participating! If you have time, tell us what your morning plan is, too.

    

:: 10 Goals For This Week (& I think I’m *finally* getting over jet lag!)

10 Goals

Whew! I had no idea that jet lag would hit me like it did when I got home. I have slept so, so much since I got back from South Africa!

I’m usually someone who can push through, if need be, when I’m tired. But jet lag has been a powerful force to be reckoned with! The first few days, I slept much more than I was awake. And now I’m finding that I can usually barely keep my eyes open after 7:30 p.m. at night!

The last few nights, as I’ve started dozing off so early, Silas will come up and shake me and say, “Mom, please don’t go to sleep again!”

Jesse and the kids have been incredibly kind to let me catch up on rest and they’ve done most of the cleaning, cooking, and laundry while I’ve been mostly a walking zombie. :)

Gratefully, the 8-hour time difference in South Africa has worked some in my favor because my body has adjusted to going to bed really early (7:30 to 8:30 p.m.) and getting up really early (I’m waking up — without an alarm clock! — at 2:30 to 3:30 a.m.) I had hoped to get back on a good early to bed/early to rise schedule in 2015 and this sure kick-started that habit!!

After taking the last five days mostly “off” from my normal responsibilities, I’m feeling mostly all rested and energetic and ready to jump back into the swing of things around here.

My goals for this week:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Continue on with our Morning Time routine. Read aloud for at least 20 minutes every day.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Finally get our Christmas thank you’s mailed (can I plead the fact that I was in South Africa for the lateness of these??)

4. Clean out the refrigerator. Get caught back up on laundry.

5. Take Kathrynne on a special one-on-one outing for her birthday.

Personal Goals

6. Exercise at least 4 times (I'm trying out these BeFit in 30 workouts + doing a little jogging/running.)

7. Finish at least two books.

8. Knit a Cosy Posy Ear Warmer.

9. Try two new Trim Healthy Mama recipes: Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mousse and Fancy Grilled Cheese on Coconut Flatbread.

Business Goals

10. Finish my first round of book edits.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.


    

Survey Spot

:: How I Finally Started Making Slow Cooker Freezer Meals

capture29

If you’ve been considering doing some freezer cooking, but you’re just not sure if it’s worth it or where to start, you’ll want to read Jammerill’s great post on How She Finally Started Making Slow Cooker Freezer Meals.

    



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.