Saturday, January 10, 2015

DIY Experiment: A quick fix for scratched hardwood floors and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

201412_AIOImaginationStation_banner_300x250

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: DIY Experiment: A quick fix for scratched hardwood floors

A quick fix for scratched hardwood floors

When I saw this post on an Easy Fix for Scratched Hardwood Floors, I knew I had to try it. Our floors in our rental are very scratched up and I’ve been on a mission ever since we moved to figure out ways to improve how they look.

I bought some of the Howard Restor-A-Finish on Amazon with my Swagbucks credit and was excited to try it out this week.

15624328214_3c7ba6f6ff_k

I chose a spot that was pretty bad but also in a fairly inconspicuous place. See above for the scratches before I tried Restor-a-Finish on them.

15624333494_473559275d_k

And here is how they look after using Restor-a-Finish on them. I can’t tell that much of a difference up close, but I think it looks somewhat better from a distance.

I think this would work even better on wood with darker finish. I also would recommend starting out pouring on less of the Restor-a-Finish to make sure you’re happy with the results in a small area before you dump a bunch on a larger area. :)

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve scratched hardwood floors? Did you try an do-it-yourself projects this week? If so, how did they turn out for you?

    

:: I’d love to meet you in Mississippi on February 6, 2015!

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 2.22.54 PM

Our team is so excited to be putting on a special one-night Say Goodbye to Survival Mode event on February 6, 2015, in Purvis, Mississippi!

This evening will be encouraging, inspirational, and actionable. I’ll be sharing from my heart and giving you practical steps to take to:

  • Stop living life feeling stuck, exhausted, and overwhelmed
  • Determine your most important priorities & find time to invest in what really matters
  • Break free from the lie that whispers “I’m not good enough”
  • Move past loneliness and build authentic friendships with other women

If you could use a boost to begin 2015 on the right track, you won’t want to miss this special one-night event!

Find out more information about this event and purchase tickets here. We have a special group rate for those who’d like to invite a group of women to come.

P.S. Want to have us bring this one-night Say Goodbye to Survival Mode event to your church or women’s group in 2015? We’d love to chat with you about that! Just fill out this form here and we’ll be in touch with more information on dates we have available and how we can serve your church or women’s group.

    

Survey Spot



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.