Saturday, August 30, 2014

How to Make the Most of Your 24-Hour Day: Part 1 and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

Image 1

UNI_WM_Clear_Rollback_300x250

Here's What's New

:: How to Make the Most of Your 24-Hour Day: Part 1

Time Management

In recent months, many people have asked how I manage my time. While I’ve written on time management fairly extensively in the past, it’s been awhile since I’ve done so. And my season of life has changed quite a bit, which has changed how I manage my time and my days. So I figured it was time for another up-to-date series on the subject of time management.

I want to kick things off with one time management mindset that has radically shifted the way I think and live…

"I don't have time."

How often have you heard and said that phrase? I'd wager to guess you've said it a lot. I have, too.

But we all have the time 24 hours in each day. We all get to choose how we spend them.

Yes, you have choice.

Remember my post from earlier this week when I said that my was really full for the next few weeks? But I quickly stated that this is the life I've chosen.

I've chosen to write a book. We've chosen to homeschool our kids. I've chosen to run a blog.

I could have chosen not to take any one (or all!) of these things. Understanding this and owning this has changed my life.

I am not a slave to life. I don't have to stay stuck in a situation if I'm miserable.

I can't tell you how many times someone has said to me, "I wish I could get on a budget." Or, “I wish we could save more money.” Or, “I wish I could find a way to earn money from home.”

All of those things are possible, if you choose to make them a priority.

And that means you're going to have to say "no" to a lot of other things. Because you can’t do it all.

How you spend your 24 hours is up to you.

You can choose to be intentional. You can choose to set small goals and follow through with them. You can choose to seize each day and use it wisely.

Or, you can choose to wander through your days, going around in circles, procrastinating, and wasting time.

The choice is yours.

I wanted to start this series with a very foundational principle that has impacted and shaped the way I view time management. Beginning Tuesday, we’ll be diving in and getting really practical — starting off by talking about how I’ve made choices in what to say “yes” to and what to say “no” to and why.

Do you have any time management questions you’d love for me to try to answer or address in this series? If so, ask away in the comments and I’ll do my best to work in as many answers to your questions as possible as part of this series.

photo credit

    

:: Brigette’s $62 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

Produce

Produce and Jams from a Friend’s Garden

Aldi

Aldi

2 cartons Oil (@$2.49 each) – $4.98

4 packages Blueberries (@$1.29 each) – $5.16

2 packages Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts (@$5.99 each) – $11.98

1 package Mini Sweet Peppers – $2.29

1 bunch Bananas (@$0.44/lb) – $1.15

2 bags Carrots ($0.69 each) – $1.38

1 bag Limes – $0.79

1 bag Gala Apples – $3.29

1 package Chocolate Chips – $1.59

1 jar Black Pepper – $1.99

 Total: $34.60

Farmer's Mart2

Farmer’s Mart

4 heads Cauliflower (marked down to $0.99 each)

Total: $3.97

Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter

1 gallon Milk – $2.97

10 bags of Shredded Cheese (@B2G3 free) – $11.98

5 boxes Kashi Cereal – $1.99 each, used 2 $0.70/1 Kashi printable (doubled), plus $1.00/2 Kashi printable - $6.20 after coupons

3 boxes Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese (@$1.00 each) – $3.00, used 3 $0.35/1 Annie’s printable - $0.30/each after coupons

1 carton So Delicious Almond Milk – $2.50, used $0.55/1 So Delicious printable, plus receive $1.00/1 Ibotta rebate - $0.40 after coupons

8 individual Yoplait yogurts (@$0.37 each) – $2.96, used $0.60/8 Yoplait printable (doubled), plus $0.40/6 Harris Teeter evic, plus $0.40/6 Saving Star - $0.96/8 after coupons and rebate

Total after all sales, coupons and rebates – $23.01

Bread

Bakery Outlet

10 packages of assorted Buns (@$0.10 each!! They expire August 30th, so I will freeze most of them)

Total: $1.00

Weekly Total after all Sales and Coupons: $62.58

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfasts

Oatmeal x 2, Veggie Omelettes, Scrambled Eggs with Toast/Jam, Cereal x 2, Smoothies

Lunches

PB&J/Carrots/Bananas, Tuna fish Sandwiches/Pepper slices/Apples, Leftovers x 3, Baked Potatoes with Cheese/Oranges, Build-Your-Own Salad Bar/Roasted Cauliflower

Dinners

Taco Salad, Steamed Cauliflower

Grilled Hobo Packets, Easy Whole Wheat Bread, Blueberries

Slow-Cooker Barbecue Sandwiches, Fresh Veggie Tray, Homemade Applesauce

Baked Macaroni and Cheese (meatless night), Roasted Cauliflower, Tossed Salad

Homemade Pizza, Steamed Broccoli

Dinner at a Friend’s House – I am bringing Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies and Ice Cream

Classic Grilled Chicken, Cucumber and Tomato Salad, leftover Macaroni and Cheese, Blueberries

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.