Thursday, March 3, 2022

My Reading Goals for March

In previous years, I’ve picked a long list and big stack of books I want to read that year. I’ve found that I struggle to stick with that list because I always find so many other books I want to read and that initial list makes me feel kind of ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

telegram-sidebar-image

telegram-sidebar-image

My Reading Goals for March

In previous years, I’ve picked a long list and big stack of books I want to read that year. I’ve found that I struggle to stick with that list because I always find so many other books I want to read and that initial list makes me feel kind of guilty that I’m not following through.

Instead of trying that approach again, I’m experimenting with something different in 2022: I’m going to set monthly reading goals. At the beginning of the month, I’ll pick a stack of books I want to read that month and I’ll focus on reading those books throughout the month.

This way, I can make room for the many new or new-to-me titles I discover throughout the year. Plus, I can pick fewer books to read on the months that I know there is a lot going on.

My Book List for March

Here is my book list for March and why I chose each title. I didn’t finish five books from my February list, so I carried these over to March and plan to read them first. (Note: Inclusion on this list does not mean I am recommending or endorsing the book as I haven’t read it yet! So read at your own discretion and look for my weekly book review post to hear my honest thoughts on each title!)

Beneath a Scarlet Sky

So many of you have highly recommended this book and it’s high time I finally read it. I wanted to pick a really good fiction book to start the year off with!

Hero on a Mission

I’ve loved other books by Donald Miller, so I’m excited to read this one! It has mixed reviews… so we’ll see what I think!

Forgiving Paris

This fiction book was highly recommended to me by multiple people. I’ve really enjoyed other Karen Kingsbury books in the past, so I can’t wait to dive into this.

Forever Boy

The author sent me this book and it looks like a beautiful story of what it’s like to mother a child who is autistic.

Jesus Everlasting

I am reading this book in consideration for a possible podcast topic/guest, but I’m also just excited to read it for myself.

Gentle & Lowly

This book has been recommended again and again to me, so I’m looking forward to reading and being encouraged by this book!

What If It’s Wonderful?

This book was sent to me for a possible interview with the author on my podcast. The title and description were intriguing enough to convince me to read it!

Also on my stack: two pre-release copies of books I’m reading to possibly write an endorsement for.

What are you planning to/hoping to read in March? I’d love to hear!

   
 

Money Making Mom Book