Monday, January 3, 2022

A Peek Into Last Week (+ my 10 goals for this week!)

She loves her Daddy so much! Getting in a few last cuddles before we head back to TN. My mom showing Kierstyn all of the different cousins and aunts and uncles (they have family pictures on their fridge). Hotel room activities with a toddler: set them ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

make-over-your-mornings-300-250

money-making-mom-300x250

A Peek Into Last Week (+ my 10 goals for this week!)

She loves her Daddy so much!

Getting in a few last cuddles before we head back to TN.

My mom showing Kierstyn all of the different cousins and aunts and uncles (they have family pictures on their fridge).

Hotel room activities with a toddler: set them up in front of everyone and have them lead their own version of Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes.

Home! It was so good to sleep in our own beds again!

Mixing up Baby D’s formula — he’s tube weaning right now which means that he’s having small amounts of a higher calorie mix to allow room in his stomach for oral feeds, too.

This is an example of what Kierstyn and Baby D’s meals look like right now. Our feeding therapist has us working toward getting Baby D to eat a Tablespoon of carbs/starch, a Tablespoon of fruits/veggies, and a Tablespoon of protein at every meal. We’re not there yet, (a lot of food gets spit back out because he’s still learning to swallow consistently), but that’s what we’re shooting for!

Post-vacation laundry!

My sister-in-law gave me this loose tea and tea strainer for Christmas and I love it for an afternoon pick-me-up along with some chocolate that Jesse’s parents gave us in our stocking!

Since Jesse was gone at the funeral for New Year’s Eve and I wasn’t feeling well, I sent Kathrynne to the store to buy fun snacks fir the evening for a snack-y “dinner”.

We started the new year off with a tornado warning!

And then two days later, we got snow! Welcome to weather in the south!

Helping Daddy fix the bathroom sink.

My 10 Goals for Last Week

Last week didn’t pan out like I’d planned — but that’s just life sometimes! We traveled home from Kansas on Wednesday and Thursday and some of us (including me) ended up getting sick (probably all of the weather changes + traveling + not getting a lot sleep while traveling).

In addition, one of our longtime friends passed away so as soon as we got home, Jesse turned back around 30 minutes later and left for the airport to fly back to Kansas to be with the family the day of the funeral. So he was for two days for that while we tried to recover and get back into the swing of things after being gone for 8 days.

So while I didn’t get as much done on my goals list, I am celebrating the progress I made!

Personal Goals

  • Make a Spotify playlist with my favorite uplifting songs.
  • Delete 5000 photos and videos from my phone.

Reading Goals

Family Goals

  • Have a family Game Night.
  • Go on a date with Jesse.

Business/Blogging Goals

  • Write a post with my Goals for 2022.
  • Write a post on my Top Books Read in 2021.

Book Goals

  • Read 10 chapters + intro and epilogue aloud to Jesse.
  • Write 3000 words for the end sections of the book.

My 10 Goals for This Week

Thursday through Sunday of this week I’ll be attending the US Figure Skating Championship with Kaitlynn. We are so excited they are being held in Nashville — especially on an Olympics year! I’ll share some pictures and videos on Instagram, if you are interested!) So I tried to plan my goals with this in mind!

Personal Goals

Reading Goals

Family Goals

  • Have a family Game Night.
  • Take Kaitlynn to the US Figure Skating Championships.

Business/Blogging Goals

  • Write a post with my Goals for 2022.
  • Write a post on my Word of the Year for 2022.

Book Goals

  • Go through all of the rough draft chapters of the book to make edits.
  • Write 2000 words for the end sections of the book.
   
 

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life