Thursday, June 10, 2021

How I Prep Lettuce for a Week of Salads

If you follow me on Instagram story, you probably know that I eat a lot of salads. I love salads and usually have a least one big salad every day. To make it easy to prep salads, I usually wash and tear enough lettuce for an entire week of salads at one ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

How I Prep Lettuce for a Week of Salads

If you follow me on Instagram story, you probably know that I eat a lot of salads. I love salads and usually have a least one big salad every day.

To make it easy to prep salads, I usually wash and tear enough lettuce for an entire week of salads at one time. This way, I can just grab some handfuls of lettuce from the fridge, put them on a plate, top them with whatever salad toppings I want to use, and eat.

When it only takes a few minutes to make a salad, it’s a lot easier to make healthier eating a priority!

Here’s how I prep my lettuce to last for at least 6-7 days and stay fresh and crisp:

Step 1: I usually buy a head of lettuce from Aldi or Kroger. I prefer Red Leaf, Green Leaf, or Romaine.

Step 2: I put the head of lettuce into a colander or strainer in the sink.

Step 3: I tear off the leaves and rinse them.

Step 4: I lay the lettuce leaves out onto a dish cloth on the kitchen counter.

Step 5: I pat the leaves dry with the towel/dish cloth.

Step 6: I tear the leaves and stick them in a bowl.

Step 7: I put a plate on top of the bowl and stick it in the fridge. This entire process takes me less than 10 minutes and then I have lettuce all prepped and fresh for salads for the entire week!