Monday, October 28, 2019

Life Update: Pregnancy Update (Week 13) & the Spartan Race

Welcome to my weekly life update where I share about my pregnancy & give you a peek into our life this past week. If you want to follow a lot more behind-the-scenes and real-time updates every week, be sure to follow my stories and posts on Instagram. ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

Life Update: Pregnancy Update (Week 13) & the Spartan Race

Welcome to my weekly life update where I share about my pregnancy & give you a peek into our life this past week. If you want to follow a lot more behind-the-scenes and real-time updates every week, be sure to follow my stories and posts on Instagram.

13 weeks!!! And I had to have my picture taken in the kitchen because I COOKED DINNER three times this week!!!

HIGHLIGHTS

I feel like I came back to life this week and it is AMAZING to be functioning again at at least 50% of my normal pace compared to barely functioning the past 6 weeks. I forgot how good I used to feel! Also, I was able to start eating my daily salads again, which made me so happy!!

CRAVINGS

Um, should confess that my big craving this week was Taco Bell tacos again?!?

NOTABLE

Jesse’s dad (who owns a medical equipment servicing business) sent us a really fancy doppler that’s he’s letting us borrow for the pregnancy. It’s so amazing to get to hear the baby’s heartbeat at home!

Also of note: I’ve outgrown the majority of my wardrobe. The maternity clothes I have are still huge on me, but I’m going to have to get creative with outfits over the next few weeks until I can fit into my maternity clothes! The kids continue to be so shocked by my growing size and I keep telling them they haven’t seen nothing yet!

WEIGHT GAIN: 5.5 lbs.

P.S. Do you consider the second trimester to start in week 13 or week 14?! The internet seems very conflicted on this.

Jesse and Kathrynne ran the Spartan Race last week and had a blast doing it.

Kathrynne ended up finishing a few minutes before Jesse! 🙂

Silas and Kaitlynn ran the Spartan Kids’ race while Jesse and Kathrynne ran their race and had a great time doing so!

And the fun after the race… getting all cleaned up. 🙂

What I’m…

Reading right now: I Will Always Write Back (I finished this and really enjoyed it, especially since I’m so passionate about South Africa. Do note that it has a little bit of language and somewhat more mature themes in it in places so I’d read through it before handing it off to a child to read.)

Watching right now: Silas, Kaitlynn, and I have continued to enjoy watching The Masked Singer. We’ve also been watching Dancing with the Stars.

Listening to right now: I’ve been listening to recent episodes of The Sorta Awesome show this week.

Loving right now: Mint Majesty tea with cream and honey (someone sent this to me as a gift and it is SO good!)

In Case You Missed It: