Wednesday, January 23, 2019

My Favorite Decaf Teas to Drink and more...

As most of you know, I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago… and it's been the best thing ever! My anxiety is so much better, I sleep so much better, and I'm just all around healthier. Instead of drinking coffee, I have fallen in love with decaf ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

My Favorite Decaf Teas to Drink

As most of you know, I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago… and it’s been the best thing ever! My anxiety is so much better, I sleep so much better, and I’m just all around healthier.

Instead of drinking coffee, I have fallen in love with decaf teas. Many of you have asked for me to share what my favorite teas to drink are, so I thought I’d list them here, for anyone who is interested.

In my Decaf Chai Latte post, I shared a few teas I like and I wanted to share a few more:

1. Tiesta Tea Relaxer: Cocoa Mint Chill (this is a loose tea)

2. Stash Decaf Vanilla Nut Cream

3. Stash Chai Spice Decaf

4. Rooibos Tea (I bought the one shown when we were in South Africa.)

5. Roastaroma (this is a really bold tea and a great coffee replacement)

6. Decaf India Spice Chai

7. Fireside Vanilla Spice

8. Mint Magic

9. Honey Vanilla Chamomile

A few tips to loving tea more — especially if you’re trying to drink instead of coffee:

  • Make the tea stronger. (I often use two bags instead of one.)
  • Use honey or maple syrup to sweeten it. (If you’re used to having a sweetener in your coffee or just to make it really delicious!)
  • Use half and half. (I loved half and half in coffee and have discovered that it makes tea that much better. Don’t have half and half? At least use a splash of milk!)
  • Drink it in a cute mug. (This just makes it so much more enjoyable!)

Want more details on this journey? You can watch my video on Why I Stopped Drinking Coffee and read about How I Drink a Gallon of Water Every Day.

What are YOUR favorite decaf teas? Any recommendations for me? I’d love to hear!

    
 

Gretchen’s $53 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

Aldi

1 lb Butter – $2.88

2 cans Green Beans – $0.49 each

1 pint Grape Tomatoes – $1.49

1 Cantaloupe – $1.29

2 dozen Eggs – $0.58 each

1 box MooTubes Yogurt – $1.55

1 bag Brown Sugar – $1.69

1 bag Chunk Cheese – $1.99

1 pkg Flour Tortillas – $1.19

1 Unsweetened Applesauce – $1.89

2 Cucumbers – $0.49 each

1 Soy Sauce – $1.29

1 box Fruit Squeezies – $1.49

1 pkg Cream Cheese – $0.99

1 bag Red Grapes – $1.80

1 pkg Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts – $5.99

2 lbs Ground Beef – $3.39 each

1 Half & Half – $1.79

1 Yeast Packets – $0.89

1 lb Oven Roasted Turkey – $3.99

1 gallon Milk – $1.49

1 pkg Shredded Cheddar Cheese – $3.39

1 pkg Shredded Italian Cheese – $2.59

2 pints Blueberries – $1.79 each

Total: $53.15

I will probably also run into Dillons some morning this week to check for markdown items and grab lettuce and bananas since I don’t like Aldi’s.

Menu Plan for This Week

We have a lot of assorted fruit and bread leftover from the last few weeks that is going bad so I’m going to try and use that up this week.

Breakfasts

Eggs, Toast, Fruit, Panera Bagels (I got the free daily Panera bagel this month and have been treating one of my kids to it most days!)

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly Rice Cake Sandwiches, Turkey Sandwiches, Cheese/Fruit/Turkey/Crackers, Salad, Hard Boiled Eggs, Leftovers

Dinners

Out to eat at Papa John’s (using a coupon deal!)

Barbecue Meatballs, Twice Baked Potatoes, Make Ahead Butterhorns (We are having company for dinner and they are bringing salad and dessert.)

Chicken Fajitas, Fruit Salad

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Sliced Apples

Chicken & Rice with Cream of Mushroom Soup, Steamed Veggies

Lasagna (using ground venison), Rolls, Green Beans

Homemade Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks, Salad (Can you tell we love pizza?!!)

    
 

Free Printable Winter Recipes for Kids

Do you have kiddos who love to help with cooking? Download these FREE printable Winter Recipes for Kids!