Thursday, April 19, 2018

How to Freeze Cottage Cheese and more...

Last week, I found a great deal on cottage cheese! Kroger had the large containers marked down to $0.99! I bought 3 containers and mentioned on Facebook Live that I was planning to freeze them. Multiple people were like, "Hold […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

How to Freeze Cottage Cheese

Last week, I found a great deal on cottage cheese! Kroger had the large containers marked down to $0.99!

I bought 3 containers and mentioned on Facebook Live that I was planning to freeze them.

Multiple people were like, “Hold up! You can freeze cottage cheese?”

Yes, you totally can!

I snapped some pictures to show you how I froze the cottage cheese. You could freeze it directly in the plastic containers, but then you’ll need to thaw the full container and use it. I decided to split the three containers into 4 baggies instead.

This way, it was a smaller amount, they’d thaw more quickly, and I could freeze them flat so they’d take up less space.

I always prefer to freeze thing flat in plastic freezer bags to save space. Plus, I’ve found that it’s so easy to thaw things when they are in freezer bags. You just run them under cool water (or set them in the fridge overnight) or on the countertop for a few hours!

Be sure to get all of the air out of the freezer bags before you stick them in the freezer, otherwise, the bag will get ice crystals in it and it will get freezer burn.

Then, just freeze flat! You can keep these in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.

Note: Frozen cottage cheese will not taste great plain once it is thawed because it will be a little watery. I plan to use mine in smoothies and Frozen Cottage Berry Whip (you can use honey or raw sugar or maple syrup in place of the Gentle Sweet).

    
 

Free Bible Reading 90-Day Challenge

Need some encouragement and accountability to read the Bible all the way through? Sign up for this free Bible Reading 90-Day Challenge.