Wednesday, April 25, 2018

4 Ways to Save Money on a Tight Budget and more...

Guest post from Amy of Deliberately Here Do you find it nearly impossible to save money? Your budget might be stretched to the limit or maybe you tend to spend any extra money you have before it gets to your savings […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

4 Ways to Save Money on a Tight Budget

On a tight budget? Try these 4 simple tips to still find ways to save money!

Guest post from Amy of Deliberately Here

Do you find it nearly impossible to save money?

Your budget might be stretched to the limit or maybe you tend to spend any extra money you have before it gets to your savings account.

Either way, you've come to the right place!

There are countless money-saving tips, tricks, hacks and ideas all around us. With seemingly endless information available on the internet these days, how do you know which ideas to implement into your life? And how do you even know if it will work for you?

Although I can't guarantee every single one of these money-saving ideas is going to work for you, I am pretty certain you will be able to pick at least one or two out of the list to implement into your life.

Here are 4 smart ways to save money even on a tight budget…

1. Stop paying late fees.

Do you find yourself forking extra money over at the end of every month just for late fees?

Everything from credit cards to libraries charge late fees. Late fees are often overlooked because the fee isn't usually outstanding, so it can feel like you're just paying a few dollars. But over time that few dollars adds up to a significant amount, especially if you are paying late fees on a variety of things every month.

How can you stop paying late fees? The first thing you'll want to do is create a bill tracker. This is something that you write down all of your monthly bills and their due dates on.

You can write down who the payee is, the amount due, and the due date. Then add a section where you can check off when you pay it, so with a quick glance, you can see when your bill is due, how much it is, and whether you've paid it or not.

2. Do all that you can do, then keep going.

If you're stuck feeling like you've tried every money-saving trick out there and still nothing is working, keep going.

With perseverance comes growth. If you keep pushing through the hard times, keep searching for deals, keep cutting costs, and keep finding more ways to live frugally, you will start to see growth in your bank account.

It won't be instant, and it might not even be very much, but it will be a start. If you decide to stay committed and stick with it your savings will soon start to grow, slow and steady.

If you find yourself feeling discouraged, like you will never be able to save up money, read these 3 Things to Do When You're Discouraged About Your Finances.

3. Create a budget.

Creating a budget for your family allows you to see exactly how much of your money is being spent on different things.

With just a quick glance you can see how much money goes towards specific bills, how much money should be going into your savings account each month, and how much money you can spend on fun things like movies and treats.

4. Start meal planning.

Meal planning is a great way to save money on groceries and eliminate food waste.

When I first started meal planning, I didn't like it. I tried really hard to get into the groove of things, but as someone who loves to cook and bake, I felt like my meal plan was restraining my creativity in the kitchen.

After a failed week of meal planning, I gave up.

About a month after giving up meal planning, I created a budget for my husband and I, and I quickly realized just how much money we were truly spending on groceries. We were spending more on groceries per month than we were on rent — for just two people!

When I saw the numbers in front of my eyes, I knew something had to change. So I gave meal planning another shot.

This time, I was determined to do whatever I had to do to make it work, while still getting creative in the kitchen.

Now, a year down the road, we're still meal planning and we've even managed to cut our monthly grocery bill in half from sticking to our meal plan and eliminating the food that goes to waste.

I hope that equipping yourself with these simple and effective money-saving ideas will help you and your family save money and give you the encouragement to stick with it through the tough times — you know, the times when all you want to do is splurge and spend money.

Rest assured knowing this: Saving money doesn't have to be complicated or complex; it is practical and just requires that you have the self-control to keep going even when you're discouraged.

Hi, my name is Amy. I blog at Deliberately Here, where I enjoy helping people navigate a frugal and fulfilling life. My husband and I live off of one income, and I have a passion for helping wives and moms who long to stay home find ways to make it possible.

    
 

Sneezing on camera, bad hair days, and why I love live video!

I told you a few days ago how I was one of the most least likely candidates ever to fall in love with live video.

But I did and I have and I still am madly in love!

It wasn’t love at first sight, by any means. Instead, it was one of those romances that slowly developed over time.

And it really came about because I saw the fruit of live video in our business…

  • Live video gave me a way to connect with my readers in a deeply personal way. I could interact with them LIVE — almost as if we were having coffee together! They could see my face and I could see their comments and responses in real-time.
  • Live video allowed my readers to develop deeper trust with me. Reading words in a blog post will never have the same impact as hearing someone say the words to you in real time where you can see them and hear them. When people trust you, they are much more likely to continue to show up and listen to what you have to say.
  • Live video offered the ability for my readers to see me as a real person. Ever since I’ve started doing live video, I’ve gotten a significantly higher number of emails from people who are writing in as if they know me personally. And they will often say that they truly feel that they do — because of my live videos.
  • Live video gives your readers a more personal peek into your real life. You can’t be perfect on live video because there is no edit button, no Photoshop option, and no deleting. It’s real and raw and live. And people love this!

My readers have seen me sneeze on camera, have bad hair days, and realize on live video that I forgot to finish doing my makeup.

They’ve seen my kids come in and interrupt me.

They get to see different parts of my home — even parts that are messy or far from perfect.

They’ve seen me have recipe flops and embarrassing moments — and they eat it up! Because real life is not perfectly curated blog posts!

This is the power of live video. It takes someone from feeling like a bystander to a friend. And when your followers aren’t just followers, but are friends, the trust you have is on a completely different level than you’d ever have if they just read your words on a page.

This is why I’m such a huge proponent of live video and why I feel like every single person who does anything on the internet (be it blogging or Instagram or an online business or even an offline business) should be using the medium of live video.

I want to teach you how to become incredibly confident on live video and give you all of my best tips to use live video successfully to grow your business and your income — and to build that deep trust with your followers.

And that's why I want to invite you to join me on Thursday night for my brand-new live class on 10 Strategies to Master Facebook Live.

It will be a 2-hour class where I'll pull back the curtain and share all of my best tips and tricks and tactics for being successful on Facebook Live.

I'll be a completely open book in this class and will likely share things you've never heard shared before anywhere. Because I've discovered a lot of things that I don't hear anybody else teaching or talking about — and they really work!

I’ll teach you:
– How to plan and prepare for a successful Facebook Live
– How to hook viewers within the first few seconds of your live video
– How to create compelling calls to action in your videos
– The one thing you shouldn’t do when you go live
– How to fake confidence until you feel it
– The most effective types of content for live videos
– How to re-purpose content you already have for great live videos
– … and much more!

You don't want to miss it! This is very likely the only time I’ll be offering this class this year!

>>> SIGN UP HERE! <<<