Monday, February 13, 2017

How I Got a Mailbox Full of Freebies This Week! and more...

Want to get freebies in your mailbox? I'll show you how in this post! At the beginning of the year, I decided to start signing up for freebies again. I don't know why I had ever stopped, honestly. I think […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

How I Got a Mailbox Full of Freebies This Week!

Want to get freebies in your mailbox? I’ll show you how in this post!

At the beginning of the year, I decided to start signing up for freebies again. I don’t know why I had ever stopped, honestly. I think life just got busy and it felt like “one more thing”.

But then I noticed that I no longer had any free travel-sized lotion or body wash or razors or feminine products or travel-sized toothpaste or shampoo/conditioner samples… and I was actually having to pay for stuff that I had always gotten as freebies in the mail.

So at the beginning of the year, I started signing up for freebies hardcore again. And I’m having so much fun getting all these freebies in my mailbox again!

For those of you who think I’m a little crazy or weird to be this excited about freebies, I have to tell you, I used to think signing up for freebies was weird, too. I knew this one girl who was all into freebies and she spent what seemed like enormous amounts of time finding and signing up for freebies online. She'd post pictures on her blog of what she got in the mail and it pretty much looked like junk to me.

It seemed like signing up for freebies meant spending lots of time searching online and filling out forms all just to get tiny little samples of stuff I didn't need and wouldn't use in the first place. Needless to say, I was unimpressed.

However, this friend kept raving about her free samples and I finally decided, "Okay, what's it going to hurt me just to try it for a few months?"

So I did… and, I got hooked. I learned that signing up for freebies doesn't have to be a waste of time. In fact, it is fun — and it can save you a nice little amount on your grocery bill.

Plus, who doesn’t like to get free stuff in the mail! It’s a whole lot better than bills! 😉

Here’s how to get started filling up your mailbox with freebies: 

1. Set Up A Separate Email Account

Do NOT sign up for freebies with your main email account. Instead, set up a separate account through GMail or Juno or some other free service and only give out that email address when signing up.

You will get emails from companies that you sign up for offers and deals with. The main reason they are usually offering a freebie or coupon is so they'll get your email address.

To prevent your main inbox from becoming overrun with offers and company emails, set up a separate email account to use for freebies and coupons. This is simple to do and will save you from dealing with a lot of spam or unwanted email in your main account.

2. Check MoneySavingMom.com Often

We do our best to keep you updated on the best freebies that are available — from samples to free coupons to full-sized products. Often, the really hot freebies only last for a few hours, so if you're able to, I'd recommend checking in here at least one to three times per day in order to not to miss out.

Go here to see all of the freebies we’ve posted recently. (Some of those are digital downloads or other types of freebies, but everything on that section of our site is free — and many of the items we post there are free physical products/product samples. You can bookmark that page and just check that page a few times per day if you’re looking for new freebies! There are usually at least 1-2 new product sample freebies every day!)

I’d highly recommend signing up for our free daily email newsletter as it has all of the deals, freebies, coupons, and money-saving content we post every day — and we’ll deliver it straight to your inbox every afternoon. Sign up for free email newsletter here (and you’ll get my brand-new ebook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget as soon as you sign up!)

You can also follow us on Facebook or Twitter to be notified when something new has been posted.

3. Sign Up for Freebies That Interest You

When you see a freebie I've posted that you're interested in, I'd recommend signing up immediately so you don't miss out in case supplies are exhausted. However, I recommend that you don't sign up for every freebie posted — only those you know you'll use. If you won't use it, there's no point in having it clutter up your home, right?

4. Be Patient

It usually takes around 4-6 weeks for freebies to start arriving. It's easy to be discouraged if you sign up for freebies faithfully for a few weeks and see nothing in return. Don't be disheartened.

Just keep plugging away at signing up for those you're interested and by week four or six, you should start to see a real return on your effort.

After faithfully signing up for freebies since the beginning of this year, my mailbox was brimming with freebies this past week. Watch this video to see everything I got for free this past week.

A Word of Caution

Don't Sign Up for Shady Freebies

If it sounds too good to be true, it often is. I try my best to vet deals before posting them, but occasionally something will slip past me.

Always check a site out if something looks off. Is it hosted on the main company's site? Does the Facebook Page have a lot of entries and likes (there are a lot of scam Facebook Pages)? Is the offer mentioned on the company's website or Facebook Page?

Some tell-tale signs of possible scams are:

  • Blatant typos on a page
  • A high-value freebie that's hosted on a non-company site
  • A bunch of hoops you have to jump through to get the freebie
  • A site offering a free product that doesn't tell you where you can actually buy the product (no shopping cart on the site and no links to where you can purchase it)
  • A freebie advertised for a product that doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

These aren't always scams, but these are things I look for when deciding whether something is legit or not.

If you're not 100% sure that an offer is legit, don't sign up for it. And if you see a freebie posted here that seems like something is off with it, please, please leave a comment to let us know!

Don't Give Out Your Phone Number

Unless you're comfortable with it, don't give out your phone number. Spam emails are not fun, but sales calls and texts are even much more disruptive in my opinion. Just skip offers that require a phone number and save yourself the headache!

What’s the best freebie you’ve ever gotten? Leave a comment and tell us about it!

    
 

Gretchen’s $45 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

Dillons

2 Snickers Candy Bars – $1 each, used Buy One Get One Free printable – $0.50 each after coupon

1 half gallons Milk – $0.99 each

1.23 lbs Bananas – $0.73

2 lbs Butter – $2.50 each

1 bag Green Peppers – Marked down to $0.99

1 bag Apples – Marked down to $0.99, used $0.10 Mobisave rebate AND $0.25/1 Ibotta rebate – $0.64 after rebates

1 box Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes – $1.99, used $0.40/1 printable – $1.59 after coupon

1 Cookie Layer Crunch Bar – $1, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

1 Sour Cream – $1.50, used $0.50/1 e-coupon – $1 after coupon

1 Sunbelt Granola Bars – $2.69

1 bag (16 oz) Kroger Shredded Cheese – $3.50, used $0.25/1 Ibotta rebate – $3.25 after rebate

1 Celestial Seasonings Tea – $2, used $1/1 printable – $1 after coupon

1 Romaine Lettuce – $0.99

1 Cantaloupe – $1.50

Total after coupons and rebates: $22.36

Aldi

1 dozen Large Eggs – $1.18

1 pkg Hamburger Buns – $0.85

1 pkg Frozen Chicken Breasts – $5.99

1 lb Ground Beef – $2.69

3 pkg Strawberries – $1.29 each (Yay! It’s been forever since strawberries were on sale!)

1 pkg Red Grapes – $1.98

2 Cucumbers – $0.49 each, used $0.25 Checkout 51 rebate – $0.37 each after rebate

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup – $0.69

1 pkg Rice Cakes – $1.29

1 pkg Roma Tomatoes – $1.59

1 loaf Bread – $0.99

1 Grape Jelly – $1.39

Total after rebate: $23.24

Total for both stores: $45.60

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal x 2

Toast and Eggs x 3

Biscuits, Fruit

Oatmeal

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly Rice Cake Sandwiches, Fruit x 2

Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Veggies

Baked Potatoes, Sliced Green Peppers

Lunch at my parents

Leftovers x 2

Dinners

Sour Cream and Mushroom Chicken, Rice, Biscuits, Tossed Salad

Hamburgers, Baked French Fries, Cantaloupe

French Toast, Eggs, Fruit Salad

Poor Man’s Steak (using ground venison), Make Ahead Butterhorn Rolls, Green Beans,

Venison Roast, Potatoes, Carrots

Salad Bar

Spaghetti, Steamed Peas, Pumpkin Muffins

    
 

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.