Friday, November 6, 2015

Q&A: "How do you keep a healthy work-life balance?" and more...

 
Money Saving Mom

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's What's New
Q&A: "How do you keep a healthy work-life balance?"
Read Chapter 1 of Money-Making Mom for FREE!
Stop Feeling Guilty About Asking for Help
Buy one select body wash, get one 50% off at Walgreens + win a $100 Walgreens gift card!

money-making-mom-300x250

grocery-university-300x250

:: Q&A: "How do you keep a healthy work-life balance?"

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance requires constant change and adjustment on my part. I have to choose to hold dear to my heart what matters most.

For example, while I love social media for connecting and networking with others, I am not a rule follower. I don't want to be chained to a regular schedule, even if it's what the experts say is best for growing my business.

I don't want a blog that is a burden to me and my family. I want it to be a blessing, and so there are some choices I make for myself in order to maintain a healthy work-life balance and manage my time well.

Looking for more tips & advice? Sign up for my FREE 5-day How I Make a Full-Time Income From Home course!

:: Read Chapter 1 of Money-Making Mom for FREE!

Download the first chapter of Money-Making Mom for FREE!

Thank you so very much for all of your kind words, your Instagram posts, your tweets, your emails, and your sweet words of encouragement about my new book that released yesterday. I spent the day feeling so humbled and touched by you all!

If you haven't yet purchased your copy of Money-Making Mom and you are looking for ways to increase your income and use your skills and gifts to earn money, you'll want to go get your copy of the book here.

If you're still on the fence wondering whether this book would be a good fit for you or not, you can read the introduction and Chapter 1 here.

Download the first chapter of Money-Making mom for FREE!

You'll notice that much of what I share in this book is brand-new stories and information - stuff that you've not read here on the blog before. I had so much fun digging deep, writing from my heart, and writing new material that has come from years of having my own business and making many mistakes.

I think you'll enjoy getting a closer look at the behind-the-scenes of what has made MoneySavingMom.com successful, as well as hearing about many, many failures I've made along the way.

Best of all, this book doesn't just share my story, but there are dozens and dozens of success stories from many different women who are in different seasons and who have a wide variety of different businesses and income-earning ventures.

Download chapter 1 of Money-Making Mom for FREE!

Money-Making Mom is not a book about about making money as a blogger or even just about making money online. Instead, it's a hands-on manual to help you discover your passions and talents and turn those into a profitable business - whether online or offline.

Woven through the pages is my heart to inspire women to uncover their gifts, use their talents, and make a difference in this world! Because you have a story. You have a message. You have gifts and talents. And the world needs your story, your message, your gifts, and your talents!

Read Chapter 1 of Money-Making mom for FREE!

Go download the first chapter here. Then go get your copy here, if you haven't already!

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: Stop Feeling Guilty About Asking for Help

Stop Feeling Guilty About Asking for Help

I am so glad I decided to extend last week's book club into this week, because I am absolutely loving Brene Brown's Rising Strong. It is challenging me personally on so many levels, and I have really enjoyed taking my time and soaking up the words as I read through it slowly.

"Connection doesn't exist without giving and receiving. We need to give, and we need to need."

I scoped about this quote yesterday in-depth, because it hit me SO hard this week. When I first read this quote, I thought to myself, "Need to need?" That seemed almost strange to me at first, until I really started reflecting on it.

I was raised by parents who modeled what it means to be a giver. I'm so grateful my parents taught me how to be a servant.

As a result, though, I saw firsthand how draining it can be when people are always needing and taking and asking and are never giving back in any way. I told myself I didn't want to ever be that person who was constantly taking and needing.

So what did I do? I swung the pendulum to the other side. I decided I wanted to always be the giver - the solutions girl, the girl who has her act together, the girl who is always pouring into other people.

I became what Brene Brown describes as an over-functioner: "Over-functioners say 'I won't fail. I will do. I don't need help. I help.'" 

Why We Need to Stop Feeling Guilty About Asking for Help

I don't like to feel needy. And if I admit I'm struggling, I usually feel like I am letting people down or being a needy person.

I'm slowly learning, though, that it is equally as important to ask for help, and that letting people into our lives and struggles and needs is a gift we can give to them. It's being real, vulnerable, authentic, and human.

Chapter 8 of Rising Strong on needing to need really hit home for me in this area.

When was the last time you asked someone to help you?

This is a question I had to ask myself and be honest about. You see - the past few weeks have been a really difficult time for me, personally. There have been some issues going on with situations that I can't talk about publicly that have left me feeling overwhelmed, hurt, frustrated, sad, and a whole host of other emotions.

I've wanted to keep it all together and be okay, but it's been SO heavy, and it's been hurting pretty badly. There have been many days when I walked around feeling on the verge of tears - and I'm not usually one to be super emotional or cry.

Stop Feeling Guilty About Asking for Help

On Sunday, I shared with my community group a little bit of what's been going on and asked for prayer. On Monday night, I did the same with out Monday Group. In both cases, those there just cared and listened and prayed for us.

And I'm so grateful. But honestly, it was hard for me to do that, and I came away from it feeling like I was some sort of needy, drama queen. I was wondering if I should have shared and thinking maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, until I read this chapter and was re-reminded that it's okay to need help sometimes.

"When you judge yourself for needing help, you judge those who are helping. When you attach value to giving help, you attach value to needing help. The danger of tying yourself worth to being a helper is feeling shame when you have to ask for help. Offering help is courageous and compassionate, but so is asking for help."

Wow. If we act like we never need help, it's almost a sign or value we wear…"I don't need help. I'm the person who helps."

I've been saying this my entire life. But the truth is that we all need to need, and there are times in our lives when we all need help.Stop Feeling Guilty About Asking for Help

"In a culture of scarcity and perfectionism, asking for help can be shaming if we're not raised to understand how seeking help is human and foundational to connection."

Vulnerability and honesty leads to trust within relationships. It's important not to be afraid to share your struggles with those closest to you, and I am learning to be better about this as I embrace authentic friendships.

"The bottom line is that we need each other, and not just the civilized, proper, convenient kind of need. Not one of us gets through this life without expressing desperate, messy, and uncivilized need - the kind we are reminded of when we come face to face with someone who is in a deep struggle."

Just recently, one of my friends was in a really traumatic situation. When I called her up to see how she was doing, she immediately broke down into ugly sobs.

In that moment, I didn't think, "Oh, what a needy person." Instead, my heart broke for her and it actually knit my heart closer to hers because of her willingness to be honest and vulnerable with me.

My challenge for you today:

Do you need to ask for help, instead of being frustrated or hurt because nobody is giving it? Or do you maybe need to ask someone if/how you can help them?

:: Buy one select body wash, get one 50% off at Walgreens + win a $100 Walgreens gift card!

Walgreens Body Wash Deal

Walgreens wants to help you and your family have softer, smoother skin this winter by offering savings on a variety of body washes. From refreshing scents to rich moisturizers, there's a body wash for everyone.

Through November 7, 2015, you can get buy one, get one 50% off participating Dove, Caress, Lever 2000, or St. Ives bar and body wash products at your local Walgreens store. On top of that, be sure to check your Sunday newspapers for additional coupons to help you save even more!

Choose from the following products that are included in this promotion:

Caress Daily Silk

  • Infused with the delectable fragrances of white peach and a blend of silk blossom.
  • Formulated with triple silkening moisturizers to leave skin irresistibly silky-soft.

Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort

  • Ultra-light formula refreshes for a clean, total skin comfort and hydrates for healthier, stronger skin.

Dove Deep Moisture

  • Provides softer, smoother skin after one shower.
  • Improved body wash formula, now even gentler, with the rich lather you love.

St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter

  • Rich and creamy formula that creates a gentle lather that helps clean and soothe dry skin.

Would you like to win a $100 Walgreens Gift Card?

I've got a $100 Walgreens gift card to give away this week! To enter to win, just head over to this post on my Facebook Page and leave a comment sharing which body wash product you would most like to try. I'll choose one winner from the comments to win a $100 Walgreens gift card!

{This post was underwritten by Lunchbox. Read my disclosure policy here.}

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.