Saturday, November 14, 2015

Gretchen's Target Shopping Trip and more...

 
Money Saving Mom

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's What's New
Gretchen's Target Shopping Trip
Free Printable Guide to a Meaningful Thanksgiving Celebration
Make Ahead Pancake Batter (and very non-Pinterest worthy pictures!)

money-making-mom-300x250

grocery-university-300x250

:: Gretchen's Target Shopping Trip

IMG_3643

Target Shopping Trip

This deal on cleaner showed up just in time because we actually ran out of both windex and bathroom cleaner last week!

Buy 4 participating items, Get $5 Target gift card:

3 Windex - $3.19 each
2 Scrubbing Bubbles - $3.19 each
Used $5/5 printable

Used $5 Target gift card from previous shopping trip

Total out of pocket: $6.82, Received $5 Target gift card (Like paying $1.82!)

:: Free Printable Guide to a Meaningful Thanksgiving Celebration

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: Make Ahead Pancake Batter (and very non-Pinterest worthy pictures!)

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 9.10.36 PM

So, I shared this idea on Instagram and people loved it. Which made me think I should share a little more in-depth post on it here on the blog. But I have to apologize in advance because you know I am the Queen of Non-Pinterest Pictures.

Make Ahead Pancake Batter

In fact, I posted the above photo on Instagram earlier this week and said: "I have no idea how people get those amazing magazine-worthy food prep photos. I can ooh and ahh over them, but let's be honest: when I cook, it looks more like the cupboards threw up." #reallife
Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 8.24.02 AM

So, all that aside, the tip was this: I make up pancake batter the night before and stick it in the fridge. Then, in the morning, we can have fresh-made pancakes with almost zero work.

It's so simple, but it's one little trick I keep up my sleeve and have used over and over again.

You can also make up a huge batch of batter and then use it multiple times throughout the week.
Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 9.10.43 PM

This is the Pancake Batter recipe I always use - from my very favorite and well-loved cookbook, the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook that my mom got me as a wedding present.

I just mix up the batter and stick it in the fridge. Then, in the morning, I will sometimes add a little extra milk, stir, and cook on a griddle.

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 9.11.17 PM

This week, I had a little helper for the actual making of the pancakes… and he decided to add some yummy chocolate chips to the batter. He's a child after my own heart.

Make Ahead Pancake Batter

By the way, if you can tell by his face, Silas is very meticulous about getting the pancakes "just right". And I'm all about working myself out of a job… Even if the training process requires cleaning up lots of spilled pancake batter (see floor for evidence).

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 9.10.51 PM

Breakfast is served… and it only took me a few minutes of prep work the night before. Well, and cleaning up pancake batter off the floor after the pancakes were made. :)

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 9.11.05 PM

What are YOUR favorite quick and easy breakfast ideas? I'd love to hear!

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.