Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Save on Toni & Guy hair care products at Target + win a $50 Target gift card! and more...

 
Money Saving Mom

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Here's What's New
Save on Toni & Guy hair care products at Target + win a $50 Target gift card!
Do It Yourself: Easy Homemade Granola Recipe
The 4 Books I Read on the Plane to South Africa (& the 2 books I didn't read)

300x250-01px

money-making-mom-300x250

:: Save on Toni & Guy hair care products at Target + win a $50 Target gift card!

Buy One Get One 50% Off Toni & Guy Sale

Target has some new exclusive Toni & Guy hair care products on its shelves right now. These all new products are designed by Sophia Webster. Toni & Guy specializes in unique hair care products that help you achieve any look you're going for - from casual to creative.

Win a $50 Target gift card

Through 10/31, Target is offering some great savings on these new Toni & Guy products with a buy one, get one 50% off sale. On top of that, you can use this Target Cartwheel Coupon to save an additional 25% off your purchase. When you combine the two offers, you can try these new hair care products at a really nice discount!

This deal is only valid through the end of the month, October 31, 2015.

Toni & Guy Target Cartwheel Coupon

Would you like to win a $50 Target Gift Card?

I've got a $50 Target gift card to give away this week! To enter to win, just head over to this post on my Facebook Page and leave a comment sharing which hair care products you would like to try. I'll choose one winner from the comments to win a $50 Target gift card!

{This post was underwritten by Lunchbox. Read my disclosure policy here.}

:: Do It Yourself: Easy Homemade Granola Recipe

DIY Easy Homemade Granola Recipe

HarmonyandHappiness.com shares an easy recipe for homemade granola.

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I'd love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

:: The 4 Books I Read on the Plane to South Africa (& the 2 books I didn't read)

4 Books I Read on the Plane

A few of you have asked me what books I ended up reading on the long 15-hour plane flight to South Africa and back. So I thought I'd give you the rundown of the four books I read (and two I didn't read):

First off, I read two marriage books: this one and this one. I also read half of this one. {And yes, there's a reason I'm not writing out the names here - because I don't need to attract people here who are searching for not-so-great stuff on the web! :(}

This year, one of my Christmas gifts to my husband was my commitment to read at least one marriage book per month. Because I've found that it's helpful to have regular refreshers and tune-ups regarding a healthy marriage.

4 Books I Read on the Plane

I also read The Devil in Pew Number Seven. This book came highly recommended to me and while it was pretty good, I felt like it was one of the those instances where the story would have only filled a few chapters, so they added unnecessary filler information just to make it a complete book. However, I thought the story of forgiveness was really moving.

And finally, I read When God Doesn't Fix It. I was unfamiliar with Laura Story's background and struggles and really found this book engaging and encouraging. If you or someone you know is going through an ongoing medical situation that you never could have imagined and that there isn't a real cure for, I think you'll be very blessed by reading this book.

I had planned to read Still Alice and Big Little Lies. I discovered that the plane had the movie Still Alice available so I ended up watching it instead. I thought it was rather depressing and discouraging and didn't make me want to read the book. However, it was a good look at what Alzheimer's is like and what families deal with. The ending felt off and I kept thinking maybe it wasn't the actual ending… but the credits kept rolling so I finally realized that it was, indeed, the ending - even if it didn't feel like it should have ended where it did.

I ran out of time to read Big Little Lies, but am hoping to get a chance to read it in the not-too-distant future.

4 Books I Read On the Plane

I'm currently reading a pre-release copy of Breaking Busy by Alli Worthington and really being convicted by it. Watch the end of the video here for two of my favorite quotes from chapter one.

4 Books I Read on the Plane

We also just finished reading The Sign of the Beaver aloud as a family this morning. We really enjoyed the story and it was very engaging and interesting for all the kids!

In a sort of related note, in case you missed this post on Instagram, I'd love your help to pick next week's Book Club Book.

What have YOU been reading recently? I'd love to hear!

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.