Friday, October 23, 2015

Brigette's $66 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6 and more...

 
Money Saving Mom

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's What's New
Brigette's $66 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6
Free 2015 Thanksgiving Planner for Moms
The Beauty of Motherhood
I Used to Be So Organized (part 3)
Q&A: "What would you say is your greatest key to success?"

300x250-old-blue (1)

FP-PPD-0296

:: Brigette's $66 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Aldi

1 2-lb bag Great Northern Beans - $2.49

1 jar Cumin - $0.99

1 can Green Beans - $0.49

1 bunch Bananas (2.56lbs @ $0.43/lb) - $1.10

1 3-ct pkg Romaine Hearts - $1.99

1 2-lb bag Carrots - $1.19

1 box Crispy Oats Cereal - $1.69

1 box Corn Flakes - $1.49

1 16-oz bag frozen Corn - $0.95

1 pkg Artisan Baby Lettuce - $1.99

1 8-oz pkg Mushrooms - $0.79

1 32-oz container Organic Chicken Broth - $1.79

1 head Cauliflower - $1.99

4 cans Diced Tomatoes - $2.20

1 jar Onion Powder - $0.99

1 jar Unsweetened Applesauce - $1.89

1 pkg Grape Tomatoes - $1.69

1 20-oz pkg Zucchini - $1.29

1 jar Garlic Powder - $0.99

1 head Cabbage - $1.29

2 16-oz cartons Egg Whites - $5.18

1 3-ct pkg Green Peppers - $1.19

Total: $35.65

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Harris Teeter

3 pkgs Hefty Freezer Bags - $4.50, used 3 $0.50/1 printable - $1.50/3 after coupons

2 pkgs Community Coffee (B1G1) - $6.99, used $4/2 Community Coffee Bag or K-Cup Box, exp. 11/30/15 (RP 10/04/15 R), plus $4/2 evic - $1.01 MM after coupons (getting paid to buy coffee?!? - Yes, please! :))

1 12-ct pkg Community Coffee K-Cups - $4.24, used $1.50/1 Community Coffee Bag or K-Cup Box, exp. 11/30/15 (RP 10/04/15 R), plus $1.50/1 evic - $1.24 after coupons

1 pkg Friskies Party Cat Treats - $1.89, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled), plus $0.75/1 evic - $0.36 MM after coupons

2 cans Rotel Tomatoes - $2.00

6 boxes Horizon Organic Macaroni and Cheese - $6.00, used 3 $0.75/2 printable (doubled) - $1.50/6 after coupons

10 8-oz bags assorted Shredded Cheese (B2G3) - $13.16

1 pkg Barber Stuffed Chicken Breasts - $2.14, used  $1.50/1 Barber Foods Product - 9-13-15 SS (exp 11/30/15) - $0.64 after coupons

1 pkg Frozen Chopped Onions/Peppers - $1.49

2 single-serve containers So Delicious Almond Milk Yogurt - $2.50, used 2 $0.55/1 printable (doubled) - $0.30/2 after coupons

1 40-oz pkg Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins - $5.99

2 pkgs Perdue Short Cuts Grilled Chicken Strips - $4.65, used 2 $0.75/1 Perdue Short Cuts, exp. 12/31/15 (RP 08/23/15 R) (doubled) - $1.65/2 after coupons

1 Gallon Milk - $2.99

Total: $31.09

Weekly Total: $66.74

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfasts

Oatmeal with Fruit (from the freezer) x 2

Cereal x 2

Veggie Omelettes x 2

Cinnamon Rolls and Scrambled Eggs

Lunches

Macaroni and Cheese, Carrot Sticks, Apples x 2

Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches, Green Pepper Slices, Bananas

Baked Potatoes with Cheese, Tossed Salad x 2

Leftovers x 2

Dinners

Wicked White Chili (from the new THM Cookbook), Pull Apart Oat Rolls

Taco Salad (using ground venison), Green Rice Casserole

Venison Roast in the Crockpot, Baked Potatoes, Carrots, Pull Apart Oat Rolls

Egg Roll in a Bowl, Brown Rice, Homemade Applesauce

Grilled Chicken, Tossed Salad, Butterhorns, Seasoned Potato Wedges, Rhubarb Crisp (company for dinner)

Birthday Dinner at a Friend's House

Leftovers

Snacks

Popcorn, Bust-A-Myth Banana Cake (from the new THM Cookbook), Apples with Peanut Butter

:: Free 2015 Thanksgiving Planner for Moms

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: The Beauty of Motherhood

Seeing the Beauty in Motherhood

I came downstairs after finishing my morning Periscope show to find this waiting for me.

Silas looked up from his schoolwork and said really sweetly, "I made that fruit for you, Mom!"

In that moment, I wasn't noticing the spilled milk or the laundry that still needed to be finished or the yogurt container that someone had forgotten to put away or the mess in the middle of the living room. Instead, I saw a bowl of beautiful, nourishing fruit that my son had taken initiative to make to bless his mommy.

Today as moms, let's look past the spilled milk and messes and laundry piles and see the beauty and the gifts all around us. A grateful, cheerful attitude is one of the best gifts we can give to our family!

:: I Used to Be So Organized (part 3)

I Used to Be So Organized

So I'm a little behind in getting my Book Club posts up this week on the book we're reading. (I guess that might be because I'm still working on getting more organized. ;))

I do have good news to report and that is that I've been faithfully sticking with my commitment to not check email before 12:30 p.m. each day. It's made SUCH a difference in my mornings! I've found that email was taking up so much brain space and energy… because once I checked it, then I would start composing responses, thinking through issues, and problem-solving - even for a long time after I had left my computer.

I've also been doing a much better job getting places on time and being ready on time for my daily Periscopes. Not perfect, mind you, but much better. And that makes me so happy!

Two quotes that I loved from the last two sections of the book were:

"At any moment, giving full attention to the one thing at hand is a hallmark of high performance." -David Allen

That's how I want to live. Fully present exactly where I am. Embracing the moment. Being 100% all there - instead of constantly feeling torn in five different directions. Making the change with my email this week has definitely helped with this big time and I'm excited to see how that plays out long-term.

"No matter how many times you've tried to get organized before, know that today is a brand-new day. Leave behind your past failures and weaknesses, You are the only one who places limits on your ability or disqualifies you because on your past." (page 215)

Isn't this such a great reminder?? Don't stress over what you haven't done or how you've failed in the past. Just get up and take the first babystep in the first direction. Right now, right here. Today is a new day!

How are YOU doing on the small habits you committed to wanting to stick with this week? I'd love to hear!

Rising Strong by Brene Brown

Next week, we'll be going through Brene Brown's book, Rising Strong. I'm so excited about reading this book as I've read all three other books by Brene Brown and my life will never be the same as a result of reading them.

So I can't wait to dive into this one! I'll be blogging and scoping through it beginning on Monday. Let me know if you're joining us!

:: Q&A: "What would you say is your greatest key to success?"

I am often asked what my greatest secret to success is. Honestly? I never know how to truly answer that question, because I think you'll be surprised by my answer.

There are no secrets…only hard work. There have been grueling and exhausting seasons for me over the years, but the commitment, drive, and consistency have paid off.

Watch the video above to hear about what I think is the greatest marker of success in any kind of business.

Looking for more tips & advice? Sign up for my FREE 5-day How I Make a Full-Time Income From Home course!

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.