Monday, October 19, 2015

I Used to Be So Organized (part 1)

 
Money Saving Mom

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's What's New
I Used to Be So Organized (part 1)

300x250-old-blue (1)

FamilySignal

:: I Used to Be So Organized (part 1)

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 8.51.18 AM

Are you joining us for this week's Book Club Book?

Today, we're reading Section One of I Used to Be So Organized (chapters 1-3, pages 17-43), which talks about why you might be feeling overwhelmed and disorganized. I loved how Glynnis addresses the heart behind disorganization.

Honestly and truthfully, my life has felt kind of out of control much of the time the past few months. I've had too much on my plate, I've been juggling too many balls, and I've felt like I'm just barely getting everything done by the skin of my teeth. I've been late, behind, and overwhelmed more times than I care to count.

Some of this is related to launching a book, training a new team member, being in the middle of some big decisions with our business, dealing with difficult situations close to me that are currently requiring a lot of extra time, thought, and investment, and just also the normal stuff of being a wife and mom.

Things came to a head on Friday when I was super late for an appointment and because I was so stressed about being late, I took two very wrong turns and ended up lost… which only added to my stress levels. That day, I drew a line in the sand to say, "I don't want to live like this anymore!"

I took the weekend off and spent time just thinking through what was and wasn't working, what I could change, and how we could change our schedule so that I stopped living life so much in the frantic and panic zone.

I tweaked some things around on our daily schedule and picked two areas that I really wanted to work on this week:

  1. I am not going to check email until after 12:30 p.m. each day. I've been training, Meg, my new virtual assistant, in the last two months and she's now overseeing my main inbox during the morning so that I can fully focus on homeschooling and my family. I was still checking in on my email early in the morning, though, and getting distracted by to-do's and projects. So I'm committing not to check email until after 12:30 p.m.
  2. I'm going to aim to be on time for my Periscopes each day. As I mentioned in my scope this morning, I've been late for a LOT of things recently - not only deadlines and appointments, but also my scopes. They are supposed to be at 7:30 a.m. CT and 3 p.m. CT and well, I've been 10-20 minutes late almost every single day. This is usually because I didn't plan well ahead of time. I wait until the last minute to plan my scope and get ready for my scope… which always takes longer than I guesstimate! So yes, I need to work on that!

I'd love to hear from YOU. What 1-2 areas in your life do you want to work on this week? Leave a comment and let us know so we can be accountable to each other this week.

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.