Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Ultimate List of 50+ Boredom Busters with 8 Household Items and more...

 
Money Saving Mom

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Here's What's New
The Ultimate List of 50+ Boredom Busters with 8 Household Items
Simply Tuesday Review (Part 1)
My 6 Goals For This Week

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 2.56.03 PM

make-over-your-mornings-300x250 (1)

:: The Ultimate List of 50+ Boredom Busters with 8 Household Items

boredom-busters-copy

Sara in Shanghai has put together the ultimate list of 50+ boredom busters with 8 household items. As long as you have her list of 8 essential items in stock, you'll be ready to combat your children's boredom with these fun ideas.

:: Simply Tuesday Review (Part 1)

Simply Tuesday Review

After reading the first section of Simply Tuesday (pages 1-67), I feel like my soul just took a big gulp of fresh air.

Life has been full recently. Maybe more than full? Crammed might be a better word.

I didn't realize how out-of-breath my soul felt. Squeezed. Pressed. Bordering on hyperventilating.

So I savored that fresh air. And I savored the words that spoke life into my heart and soul.

The words that challenged me to slow down. To embrace small. To let go of hurry.

I read a section on my Morning Motivation Show this morning that really challenged me. You can watch it here.

Of that entire section, this line was probably my favorite: "If the light of a Tuesday morning candle isn't bright enough to light the room, a spotlight won't be either."

We tend to think the spotlight is where it's at. That spotlights equal success.

But success comes in many shapes and forms. It might be serving your neighbor. Or putting a healthy meal on the table. Or rocking your baby. Or reading to a child. Or helping a co-worker. Or working in the garden. Or writing that blog post.

"When I want to climb the ladder, what if instead, I tore the ladder apart and used the wood to build a bench?"

Don't chase after the spotlights and the success ladders. Invest in the work right in front of you. Invest in the people right next to you - in your home, in your child's class, at your community center, at your church, at the office, on your block.

"But people don't need fancy and flashy, they probably just want regular. They don't need a fixer, they need a journeyer. They just need to sit on a bench with someone else so they know they're not alone. I know this, because it's what I need, too."

This challenged me. Because I tend to want to be a fixer. I'm a person who loves to practically help. I like to trouble-shoot and problem-solve. But I'm learning that often people don't need solutions; they just need a listening ear.

"What if we stopped asking God for big ways to serve Him and started walking with our friend Jesus into the next simple moment in front of us."

Did you read the first section of Simply Tuesday? If so, I'd love to hear what sections impacted you or challenged you. Tomorrow, we'll read section 2 (pages 67-119).

 

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

:: My 6 Goals For This Week

My 6 Goals For This Week

So, as I shared about in my Morning Motivation Show this morning, last week was a hard week for me. But it was also a good week because I learned more about giving myself grace and not listening to the inner critic.

I'm feeling a lot better this week, but I'm intentionally deciding to continue to take it slow and get plenty of rest.

Last week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Finish reading one read aloud book with the kids.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Have an at-home Movie Date with Jesse.

Personal Goals

4. Get at least 7+ hours of sleep every night.

5. Finish reading one fiction book.

6. Do the 5-Day Homemaking Challenge.

This week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Write a love note to Jesse.

2. Have an at-home Movie Date with Jesse.

Personal Goals

3. Get at least 7.5+ hours of sleep every night.

4. Read and blog through Simply Tuesday.

Business Goals

5. Finish special downloads for my book launch.

6. Speak at MomCon (are you going to be there! If so, I'd LOVE to meet you at one of my two sessions!)

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

 

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.