Friday, July 25, 2014

Brigette's $32 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6 and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

UNI_SC_Dove_SS_BannerV2_300x250_062314

WM_Suave_ESP_Refresh_OMP_Moroccan_300x250_011514

Here's What's New

:: Brigette’s $32 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

After my bulk foods purchases last week, we are having a more “eat from the freezer and pantry” type menu this week. I did buy some produce and other weekly essentials, but for the most part I will be using things we already had on hand. I am looking forward to being back in my semi-finished remodeled kitchen!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Aldi

1 gallon Milk – $3.69

2 bags Carrots (@$0.69 each) – $1.38

1 10lb bag Potatoes – $3.49

1 3-pk Green Peppers – $1.29

1 8oz container Mushrooms – $0.79

1 (4 ct) package Zucchini – $1.29

1 2lb bag Sweet Onions – $0.99

3 Roma Tomatoes (@$0.99/lb) – $0.67

1 bunch Bananas (@$.44/lb) – $1.26

1 (3-ct) package Romaine – $1.99

(one bag of carrots, and one head of romaine were consumed before this picture was taken :))

Total: $16.84

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Harris Teeter

8 bags (8 oz each) of Shredded Cheese (@$1.25 each) – $10.00

2 cartons (18 ct each) Eggs (@$1.77 each) – $3.54

1 box Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory cereal – $2.19, used $0.70/1 printable (doubled), plus $0.70/1 evic - $0.09 after coupons

Total after Sales and Coupons: $13.63

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA(I didn’t get this picture taken until the day after I came home from the store – so yes, some of the Coke is missing :))

BI-LO

2 loaves Arnold Sandwich Bread – (B1G1 @$3.49) – used 2 $0.55/1 printable (doubled) – $1.29 for 2 after coupons

1 2-liter Diet Coke (for my mother-in-law:)) – $0.99, used $1.00/1 Bi-Lo ecoupon - $0.01 MM after coupon

1 box Banana Nut Cheerios – $1.97 (clearance) – used $1.oo/1 cut from the back of another Cheerios box – $0.97 after coupon

Total after Sales and Coupons: $2.25

Weekly Total for all Groceries: $32.72

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Smoothies (using frozen fruit from freezer), Scrambled Eggs and Toast, Cereal and Fruit x 3, Oatmeal, Veggie Omelettes

Lunches

Baked Potatoes with Cheese/Grapes (my in-laws are at our house for a few days, and bought cherries, grapes and strawberries for us – so we are well supplied in the fruit department!), PB&J Sandwiches/Strawberries/Pepper Slices, Leftovers X 2, Fried Egg Sandwiches/Cherries/Carrot Sticks, Macaroni and Cheese/Bananas/Pepper Slices, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches/Fruit/Carrots

Dinners

Venison Roast in the Crock Pot, Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges, Steamed Carrots, Tossed Salad

Spaghetti (using homemade sauce), Crusty French Bread, Sauteed Zucchini

Pizza Bierocks, Tossed Salad

Dinner Out with In-Laws

Chicken ChimichangasSpanish Rice, Broccoli

Tailgate Party at Church (Each family brings food for only their family, so I’ll be keeping ours simple with sandwiches and picnic-friendly finger foods.)

Eggs/Potato Hash, Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries, Gluten-Free Oatmeal Spice Muffins, Fruit

    

:: Gretchen’s $45 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

DSC_0030

Health Food Store

2 Organic Greens – Marked down to $0.99 each

2 Bell Peppers – $0.49 each

2 Limes – $0.25 each

1 Rudi’s Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – Marked down to $0.99

Total with tax ($0.32): $4.77

DSC_0029
Aldi

1 pkg (18 double rolls) Toilet Paper – $6.99

1 pkg Green Peppers – $1.49

1 Chocolate Ice Cream – $2.29

1 pkg Strawberries – $1.25

1 pkg Tomatoes – $0.99 (I’ll get back $0.50 from Checkout 51.)

3 Cucumbers – $0.59 each (I’ll get back $0.25 from Checkout 51.)

1 Sour Cream – $1.29

2 cans Refried Beans – $0.79 each

1 pkg Flour Tortillas – $1.19

2 pkg Cheese – $1.99 each

Total with tax ($1.63): $24.45

DSC_0031
Dillons

1 Frosted Flakes – $1.99 (My hubby requested me to buy this.) :)

1 Dish Detergent – $0.99

2 Horizon Mac & Cheese – $1 each, used $0.75/2 printable - $0.63 each after coupon

1 Kroger Tortilla Chips – $1

1 Cheese Slices – $0.99

4 Kroger Greek Yogurts – Marked down to $0.10 each

2 Jennie-O Ground Turkey – $1.99 each, used $0.75/2 printable - $1.61 each after coupon

1 Kroger Cottage Cheese – Marked down to $0.49

3 gallons Milk – Marked down to $1.75 each and I’ll get back $0.25 from Ibotta. (I will freeze these to use in pancakes/breads/smoothies.)

Total with tax: $16.70

Total for all grocery items: $45.92

Menu Plan for this Week

Breakfasts

Cereal x 2, Toasted Bagels, Smoothies using frozen fruit, Pancake Bites

Lunches

Macaroni & Cheese, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Cheese Quesadillas, Salad, Fruit/Veggies/Cheese

Dinners

Boys’ night out (I’ll be at a girl’s get together so my guys are eating out. I’m bringing chips and this dip to my friend’s house.)

Tossed Salad, Strawberries

Sour Cream Enchiladas, Tossed Salad

Hamburgers (using frozen burgers my parent’s gave us), Homemade French Fries, Steamed Broccoli

Chicken Noodle Casserole, Peas, Peaches (My mom brought us a bunch of fresh peaches she picked this week. Yum!)

Homemade Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks, Tossed Salad

Ground Turkey/Potatoes/Green Beans Skillet, 30 Minute Rolls

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: My Six-Year-Old Daughter’s Morning, Afternoon, and Evening Routines

P1570095 - PS

Lisa from Created for Learning sent me a link to her blog post this week and I just LOVED it:

Transitioning from teacher to mother has been more difficult than I thought . . . I mean, I could patiently handle twenty 1st and 2nd grade students, how hard could it be to parent three kids?  Right?  But I currently feel like I’m in survival mode. I am overwhelmed by all the responsibilities that my brain is telling me I need to juggle. I LOVE my girls but I find myself saying, “I procreated myself out of my sanity,” more times than I care to experience.

Time-management is a weakness of mine. I desperately want to think through and set up household routines that will help maintain order in our home . . . basically I want my home to run as peacefully as my classroom did.

To help with this, I’ve been listening in the car to an audiobook, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine. Usually my kids ask for me to change it to music, but sometimes I can slip in some listening time for “mommy’s turn.”

Well, the other day we were getting ready to leave for a fun day-trip (so I was trying not to feel frantic, thinking I would forget something) and my just-turned-six-year-old daughter, online we’ll call her Miss Responsible, came up to me and said her list was all done for this morning just like the lady on my CD said to do. I stopped my swirling preparations to look at her and ask her for more details to see what she had paid attention to when listening.

She amazed me.

She led me into her bedroom where *Holycowwhendidshehavettimetodothis!* she had posted all these lists on her wall. She’d written her list for what she needs to do in a day.  It was on 4-separate pages and labeled accordingly, “Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Bedtime.”  Well, I’m assessing, she may not know the difference between evening and afternoon…”

You can read her whole post here.

    




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.