Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekend recap: My first visit to Charming Charlie, a run-in with the escalator, and a fun evening with friends! and more...

Money Saving Mom

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Daily Walk Bible

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: Weekend recap: My first visit to Charming Charlie, a run-in with the escalator, and a fun evening with friends!

Weekend Recap

I had the privilege of speaking at Teach Them Diligently in DC this past weekend. It was held at the Gaylord at National Harbor and it was just gorgeous there! The views were amazing — and the area was so nice!
Weekend Recap

After a busy day of speaking, my business manager (Joy) and road manager (Liz) took me to Charming Charlie… And they helped me find a replacement purse for my diaper bag that I had been using as a purse for far too long (it was falling apart at the seams — as evidenced by this picture). They are taking the roles of manager and road manager to a whole new level — and I really like the bag they helped me pick out! :)

Weekend Recap

We have a running joke that every time I give my Say Goodbye to Survival Mode talk, there is always unexpected chaos or crazy on that day. And well, something crazy happened again… right after giving that talk, I got my dress stuck in the escalator! 

I was so grateful part of my dress didn’t rip off and that I didn’t trip and fall down the escalator! Yikes!

Word to the wise: maxi dresses and escalators don’t mix. The good news: after a lot of scrubbing and stain remover, I may be able to salvage the dress. If you have any advice how to get the remaining grease out of the dress, I’d welcome it!

Weekend Recap

I flew home on Saturday night… it’s always so good to be home! I made up for lost sleep that night. And then we spent a really evening with our friends the Smiths and the Acuffs on Sunday evening.

All the kids tried to get on the slackline at once and it was quite hilarious to watch! We topped off the night with roasting marshmallows and great conversation and laughter around the campfire.

We continue to be so blessed by the friendships, authenticity, and community here. We are humbly grateful for all the folks who have reached out and opened up their hearts and homes to us. We are learning a whole new definition of “community” by being here and it’s a beautiful thing!

How was your weekend? Did anything exciting or interesting happen at your house? And any tips on getting the grease stains out of my dress?

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    

:: This Week’s Menu Plan

This Week's Menu

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Mac & cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch {veggies, cheese, yogurt, fruit, crackers, etc.}
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples
Cheese quesadillas, carrot sticks
Leftovers x 3

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Boiled eggs

Dinners

Meaty Monday (A local family coordinates this every week & they were so gracious to invite us to be apart — it’s a weekly informal gathering of friends — each familybrings some kind of meat for the grill and some kind of side.)
Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon
Spaghetti Pizza, fruit, steamed veggies
Southwest Roll-Ups, fruit, salad
Twisted Pizza Breadsticks, fruit, steamed veggies
Dinner Out
Dinner With Friends — bring veggies & fruit

What's on your menu this week? Tell us in the comments or leave a link to your menu plan post.

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: 10 Goals For This Week

4564135255_23e3aee2ac21121121111111111111111111111111111112111111111

So, um, last week was sort of a dud when it came to goal-setting. I was running full steam all week long, but just didn’t get a chance to tackle many of the planned items on my list. Oh well, I’ll try again this week. :)

By the way, I’ll be speaking at the Florida Homeschool Convention this Thursday through Saturday. If you’re going to be there, be sure to come find me after one of my sessions or stop by our booth. One of my favorite parts of speaking is getting to meet my readers face-to-face!

Last Week's Goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Get our closet organized.

2. Get the garage organized.

3. Get the bookshelf/school area organized.

4. Write a love note to Jesse.

5. Finish embroidering quilt square for my sister’s baby quilt.

Personal Goals

6. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-29.

7. Exercise four times.

8. Finish reading Red Hot Monogamy, Secrets of Dynamic Communication, and Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.

Business Goals

9. Finish tweaks/edits for my talks this weekend at the Teach Them Diligently conference in DC.

10. Write one guest post for another blog.

This Week’s Goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Get our closet organized.

2. Get the garage organized.

3. Get the bookshelf/school area organized.

4. Write a love note to Jesse.

5. Finish embroidering quilt square for my sister’s baby quilt.

Personal Goals

6. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-29.

7. Exercise four times.

8. Finish reading Red Hot Monogamy, The Traitor's Wife, and Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.

Business Goals

9. Finish tweaks/edits for my talks this weekend at the Florida Homeschool Convention

10. Write one guest post for another blog.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

 

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    

:: Freebies In My Mailbox: Colgate, Tide, Garnier Fructis, and more!

Freebies In My Mailbox

Here are the freebies that arrived in my mailbox in the past week:

:: Colgate toothbrush

:: 2 Tide samples

:: Tums samples

:: Breathe Right samples

:: Eight O’Clock coffee sample

:: Garnier Fructis samples

What freebies have arrived in your mailbox this week?

By the way, if you want to start getting great freebies in your mailbox, just start signing up for the freebies I post every day that interest you. Within 4-6 weeks, your mailbox will start filling up with great freebies!

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.