Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Free printable Summer Schedules and more...

Money Saving Mom

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Daily Walk Bible

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Here's What's New

:: Free printable Summer Schedules

Summer-Schedule-Printables-print-out-and-put-on-refrigerator-to-help-organize-your-summer-days--500x708

Need some help getting a summer schedule in place? Check out this post from I Can Teach My Child.

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    

:: Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Cinnamon Swirl Bread, Twisted Pizza Breadsticks, and Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Before I started my Freezer Cooking in an Hour session last week, I spent some time working on the stubborn grease stains in my dress (read about the crazy escalator incident here, if you missed it!)

By the way, after Shout, Dawn, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, more Shout, more Dawn, and Norwex detergent, the dress is saved, the stain is almost invisible, and I wore it to the Florida Homeschool Convention this weekend. Thanks for ALL your help with grease-removal ideas!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

And then I had to have a little sustenance for the freezer cooking… of course! ;) So I ate one of these ultra delicious cookies from my neighbor and fast-becoming-my-dear-friend, Tammy. I’m going to have to bribe her for this amazing recipe!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

I threw all the ingredients in the bread machine for some Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

And I ended up getting a little messy and spilling all this yeast! :(

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Next, I mixed up some Homemade Pizza Dough for the Twisted Pizza Breadsticks.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

I don’t know about you, but a lump of kneaded dough just makes me happy. There’s something so cathartic about kneading dough and turning it into something yummy to bake in the oven.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

After making the Twisted Pizza Breadsticks, I decided it would have been a lot more efficient to just make Pepperoni Pizza.

However, if you’re going to try making these, I’d recommend using mini pepperoni like the recipe calls for. I only had regular pepperoni on hand and it had trouble staying in the twists when I went to twist them.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Once the twists were finished, I put together the ingredients for the Brown Sugar Meatloaf.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

And then the bread dough was finished, so I rolled it out, put the honey and cinnamon on it, rolled it up, and baked it.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

This Cinnamon Swirl Bread is just SO good. My favorite part about it is that it’s incredibly easy to make and yet it turns out tasting and looking like you slaved in the kitchen over it!

I sliced it up, froze it, and then we just pull out as many slices as we need at a time!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

The verdict on the Brown Sugar Meatloaf is that it is really delicious and easy to make. I used half ground turkey and half ground beef to save money and my family still raved about it.

Links to Recipes I Made:

Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Twisted Pizza Breadsticks
Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Need printer ink? Visit CompAndSave.com for an exclusive $1 ink sale for Money Saving Mom® followers!

    

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.