Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Well, this is not what I expected for book launch day! and more...

It’s book launch day!! As of this morning, Love-Centered Parenting is officially released and available wherever books are sold! And I’m pretty sure you are supposed to have a more professional-looking photo to announce that your book is ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Well, this is not what I expected for book launch day!

It’s book launch day!! As of this morning, Love-Centered Parenting is officially released and available wherever books are sold!

And I’m pretty sure you are supposed to have a more professional-looking photo to announce that your book is available… but here we are! After two days of little sleep and cleaning up throw up, mama succumbed to the stomach bug yesterday.

I guess it’s only fitting I’m launching this book the same week I’m learning how to care for a medically complex baby boy we just started fostering, had to make a trip to the ER because his feeding tube was leaking everywhere, spent hours on the phone and in doctors’ offices trying to track down medical records and diagnoses, got very little sleep because I was up with a puking 10-month-old for two nights, and then caught the stomach bug myself and spent hours in bed barely able to move because I was so sick to my stomach. Oh, and it’s also a pretty big week because two days from now, Kathrynne (16) is taking her test to get her driver’s license!!

If you’re looking for a parenting book written by a mom who has it all figured out and has her ducks in a row, you should look elsewhere. πŸ™‚

Love-Centered Parenting is my journey from hitting rock bottom as a parent to finding freedom and joy in my mothering. It’s raw, it’s real, it’s honest… and it’s not your typical parenting book.

In it, I share vulnerably about mistakes I’ve made, lessons I’ve learned, and how I stopped parenting for my reputation and began parenting for relationship with my kids.

My kids gave their blessing for me to share many stories I’ve never shared on the internet before of struggles they’ve been through — including severe anxiety and depression and more.

This is not a book written from a pedestal. In fact, I start Chapter 1 out by sharing about the time we walked into the emergency room four years ago and told the lady at the desk, “My child is suicidal.”

I’m with you in the trenches of this parenting thing. I’m FOR you. And I want to share about the changes we’ve made in the last few years that have transformed the way we parent, our relationships with our kids, and the whole tone of our home.

It’s been a labor of love to write this book and I hope it blesses and encourages you!

Get Your Copy Today — If You Haven’t Already!

Have you purchased a copy of Love-Centered Parenting? If not, you can grab a copy at one of the links below (or check your local bookstore!)

If you haven’t grabbed a copy of Love-Centered Parenting yet, it makes a big difference for authors for people to purchase it on launch week. You can purchase a copy from Amazon.com, ChristianBook.com, Bookshop.org, or many other online retailers or local bookstores.

Also, if you want to help spread the word, could you take a minute to share this post on Instagram or share this post on Facebook. THANK YOU!

I am so grateful to each and every one of you!

P.S. Can’t afford a copy? It would mean so much if you would ask your library to carry it. If they are not willing to or can’t, shoot me an email (moneysavingmom@gmail.com) and tell me why you’d love to read this book and I’ll personally buy you a copy! πŸ™‚

    
 

Gretchen’s $89 Grocery Shopping Trip and Menu Plan for 5

Aldi

2 cartons Yogurt – $1.79 each

1 gallon Milk – $2.17

1 Canola Oil – $1.35

2 pkg MooTubes Yogurt – $1.55 each

1 bag Frozen Chicken Breasts – $5.59

2 dozen Eggs – $0.94 each

1 can Pineapple Chunks – $0.95

2 bags Marshmallows – $0.89 each

1 pkg Hot Dogs – $0.99

1 jar Pasta Sauce – $0.85

0.44 lbs Roma Tomatoes – $0.42

1 Unsweetened Applesauce – $1.95

1 bag Frozen Peas – $0.75

1 Italian Dressing – $0.89

1 box Cinnamon Crunch Squares – $1.39

1 Whole Chicken – $6.74 (Not pictured because it was already in the smoker!)

1 lb Oven Roasted Turkey Breast – $4.29

2 cans Refried Beans – $0.69 each

1 Natural Peanut Butter – $1.19

1 pkg Pie Crusts – $1.35

1 pkg Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – $1.49

1 loaf Bread – $0.55

1 box Chewy Granola Bars – $0.95

1 box Chocolate Puffs Cereal – $1.29

1 box Cheese Crackers – $2.85

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns – $0.79

1 pkg Spaghetti Noodles – $1.09

1 box Graham Crackers – $0.85

2 bags Shredded Cheddar Cheese – $2.75 each

1 Ranch Dressing – $0.89

1 Applesauce Cups – $1.19

1 box Organic Spring Mix – $3.59

2 bags Flour Tortillas – $1.45 each

1 bag Caesar Salad – $2.29

1 bag Chocolate Chips – $1.29

3 cans Tuna – $0.65 each

1 BBQ Sauce – $0.85

1 bag Apples – $3.29

1 bag Pretzels – $0.82

3 Avocados – $0.49 each

1 Seedless Cucumber – $1.29

1 pkg Yeast – $0.89

Total: $80.66

Big Lots

I ran into Big Lots to look at curtains and found a couple of snacks in the markdown section while I was there.

1 bag Organic Corn Puffs – $0.95

1 bag BBQ Chips – $0.50

Total: $1.45

Walmart

4 boxes Annie’s Mac & Cheese – $1 each, used 4 $0.20/1 Ibotta rebates – $0.80 each after rebates

1 can Enchilada Sauce – $2.98

1 Mountain Dew – $1.98, used $1.98/1 Ibotta rebate – Free after rebate

1 Pepsi Zero – $1.25, used $1.78/1 Ibotta rebate – Free plus $0.53 overage after rebate

1 bag Popping Corn – $1.66

2 Chobani Flip Yogurts – $1.22 each, used $1.22/2 Ibotta rebate – $0.61 each after rebate

1 box Kraft Mac & Cheese – $0.98, used $0.10 Ibotta rebate – $0.88 after rebate

Earned $2 extra from Ibotta for reaching bonus

Total after rebates: $7.41

Total for all stores: $89.51

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, Bagels, Broccoli Cheese Quiche, Oatmeal, Yogurt

Lunches

Turkey Sandwiches/Chips, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches/Cheese Puffs, Mac & Cheese/Apples x 2, Hard Boiled Eggs/Cheese/Fruit, Tuna Sandwiches/Veggies, Leftovers

Dinners

Smoked Chicken, Caesar Salad, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Brown Bag Burritos, Rice, Sliced Apples

Spaghetti, Biscuits, Steamed Peas

Italian Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans

Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Rice, Fruit Salad (using leftover fruit from last week)

Homemade Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks, Tossed Salad

Salad Bar with Grilled Chicken