Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Peek Into Last Week (+ my goals!)

Welcome to my weekly update post where I share my weekly goals each week. These goals are based (somewhat) on my yearly goals for 2021, with some extras thrown in depending upon the week and what other short-term goals I have. But first, a little ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

A Peek Into Last Week (+ my goals!)

Welcome to my weekly update post where I share my weekly goals each week. These goals are based (somewhat) on my yearly goals for 2021, with some extras thrown in depending upon the week and what other short-term goals I have.

But first, a little peek into last week…

She is obsessed with going up the stairs right now… and is getting better and better at going down the stairs!

We got to babysit for him two days last week. He is just growing and learning so much! We are so proud of him and how far he has come. He’s thriving with his mom and we are just so grateful for the gift of continuing to be involved in his life.

Did you check out my $68 Grocery Shopping Trip from last week? I shared lots of in-store pictures this week!

Also, don’t miss my post on the 12 Books I Plan to Read to Kierstyn.

From My Heart…

I walked out to the kitchen to see him feeding her oatmeal for breakfast and reading the Bible to her.

This a picture of who this man is. Day in and day out. He selflessly gives to serve our family.

From the time I was a baby, my parents prayed for my spouse. I don’t know all of the specific prayers they prayed, but I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that God has answered those prayers abundantly in this man.

Jesse: You are one of God’s greatest gifts to me! Your self-sacrificial love is a continual reminder to me of how much I am loved by God.

Thank you for loving me on the good days and on the bad days. Thank you for choosing to stay when it would have been much more convenient to leave. Thank you for committing to love me — even on the days when I’m not very likable at all.

Thank you for listening to me, praying for and with me, pointing me to Jesus, and making me laugh. The past 18 years have been a way wilder ride than either of could have imagined when we stood at the altar and said “I do” but there’s no one else I’d rather be on this adventure with than you!

I love you — and happy anniversary!

And now, onto my goals update…

Last Week’s Goals

Personal Goals

1. Log 8,000 steps/day = 56,000 steps for the week.

2. Finish 2 books: We Were the Lucky Ones + Something Needs to Change.

3. Fill out my habit tracker every day.

Home/Family Goals

4. Read 10 pages of A Boy’s War as a family. Finish reading Charlotte’s Web to Kierstyn.

5. Whole House Clean Out spaces to go through/organize/declutter: Laundry room, bedside table, kitchen cupboards.

Work/Blog Goals

6. Finish all the content and emails for the 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom Challenge.

7. Write a post on the books I plan to read to Kierstyn in 2021.

8. Write a post on how I use my Habit Tracker.

9. Put together details for my book launch team.

10. Film the trailer for my book promo.

Fun Goals

11. Get a manicure with a friend.

12. Do a craft project.

This Week’s Goals

Personal Goals

1. Log 8,000 steps/day = 56,000 steps for the week.

2. Finish 3 books: The Water Keeper, The Things We Cannot Say, and Made Like Martha.

3. Fill out my habit tracker every day.

Home/Family Goals

4. Read 10 pages of A Boy’s War as a family. Read 5 chapters of The Trumpet of the Swan to Kierstyn.

5. Whole House Clean Out spaces to go through/organize/declutter: Pantry, under kitchen sink area, drawers in kitchen.

Work/Blog Goals

6. Run the live coaching event for the 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom group.

7. Write a post on the books I’ve read so far in January.

8. Record 8 hours of the audiobook narration for my new book.

Fun Goals

9. Have a family game night.

10. Do a craft project.

What’s on your list of goals for this week? I’d love to hear — and help keep you accountable!