Thursday, January 7, 2021

52 Books I Plan to Read in 2021

For 2021, I set a goal of reading 3 books per week —  1 fiction book, 1 non-fiction book, and 1 audiobook each week. I know this is an audacious goal, but reading is something I love and it's a way I learn, challenge my mind, improve as a writer and ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

52 Books I Plan to Read in 2021

For 2021, I set a goal of reading 3 books per week —  1 fiction book, 1 non-fiction book, and 1 audiobook each week. I know this is an audacious goal, but reading is something I love and it’s a way I learn, challenge my mind, improve as a writer and communicator, and am refreshed and encouraged through inspiring stories.

I have a few shelves full of books (mostly that I’ve gotten free), so I decided to choose 52 books from off my shelf to read this year. I’ll also read other books that I find/am sent that pique my interest. Plus, I plan to go through a lot of audiobooks (I get mine free from the Libby app).

Each week, I plan to give an update on what I read/listened to + my honest reviews. We’ll see how I do with my reading goals. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to hit them, but it will be fun to try!

Note: I have not read any of these books, so my inclusion of them on this list is not an endorsement or recommendation of them.

Foster Care/Parenting Titles

  • Parenting From the Inside Out
  • Mama Bear Apologetics
  • The Connected Child
  • Another Place at the Table
  • Faith to Foster
  • Keep the Doors Open
  • The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog

Spiritually Encouraging Non-Fiction Titles

  • Courageous Grace
  • Belonging
  • She Did What She Could
  • Back Roads to Belonging
  • Fierce Faith
  • Godmothers
  • Made Like Martha
  • Loving My Actual Neighbor
  • He Sat Down
  • Stolen Jesus
  • Breaking Anxiety’s Grip
  • When People Are Big and God is Small
  • The God Dare
  • For All Who Wander
  • Looking for God
  • Second Mile People
  • The Shadow of the Cross

Fiction Titles

  • We Were the Lucky Ones
  • Beneath a Scarlet Sky
  • The Auschwitz Escape
  • The Ring
  • Last Year of the War

(I need some more title recommendations for fiction. I like clean titles that have good character development, depth, and meaning but that are also well-paced and engaging. Any suggestions??)

Marriage Titles

  • Marriage After God
  • Keep Showing Up
  • Fierce Marriage
  • Intimacy Ignited
  • Bless Your Husband

Biographical Non-Fiction

  • The Choice
  • Daring to Hope
  • Forgiving God
  • In the Secret Service
  • Can’t Steal My Joy

Business/Entrepreneurial Titles

  • Company of One
  • The Power of Community
  • The 5-Second Rule
  • Profit First
  • Own Your Everyday
  • So Good They Can’t Ignore You

Other Non-Fiction Titles (that don’t really fit into a category!)

  • Book Girl
  • Your Hospitality Personality
  • Off the Clock
  • Rest

Have you read any of these books? Which one should I read first?

Coming soon: the 12 books I plan to read to Kierstyn in 2021.