Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I've been waiting 4 YEARS to tell you this! and more...

It's a BIG day for me today… a day that has actually been over 4 YEARS in the making! It's the day I get to officially introduce you to my brand-new podcast: The Crystal Paine Show! Why I Waited 4 Years to Start This Podcast I had toyed around with ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

I’ve been waiting 4 YEARS to tell you this!

It’s a BIG day for me today… a day that has actually been over 4 YEARS in the making! It’s the day I get to officially introduce you to my brand-new podcast: The Crystal Paine Show!

Why I Waited 4 Years to Start This Podcast

I had toyed around with the idea of having a podcast for awhile, but was inspired actually start one about 4 years ago when I spoke at the Platform Conference by Michael Hyatt. At the conference, Cliff Ravenscraft spoke about how podcasting is a valuable way to connect with your audience.

After hearing him speak, I was SOLD and I immediately wanted to go home and start a podcast. But the timing wasn't right and there was too much on my plate.

So I've patiently (or impatiently!) waited until the right time finally arrived. Here we are, and I'm so excited!

What You Can Expect Each Week

Each episode will go live on Tuesday mornings and will feature multiple segments. Each week, I’ll:

  • Share a lesson I'm learning, something I'm pondering, or just give you some behind-the-scenes life updates
  • Talk about a book I'm reading
  • Tell you about a product or app or life hack that is “saving my life”
  • Feature a guest whose life and work has impacted me deeply
  • Answer a question from a listener.
  • And my plan is to always keep each episode around 30 minutes (since I know your time is valuable!)

My hope is that this podcast will serve as an inspiration to your week, a pause in your day to slow down and reflect a little, a looked-forward-to part of your weekly routine, a place where we can connect on a deeper level… and ultimately, my desire is that you come away from listening to each episode feeling motivated to bloom where you are planted and take intentional steps to move in the direction you are longing to go.

Psst! For more on why I’m starting this podcast and a taste of what you can expect each week, listen to my first episode here.

Episode #1: Why The Crystal Paine Show?

In This Episode, I Share: 

  • The why behind the podcast
  • What you can expect on every episode
  • Our new morning routine and how it’s making such a difference in our home
  • A book on rest that has impacted me in a powerful way
  • Some thoughts answering the listener question: "What would you tell your pre-married self on expectations, dreams, and desires?"

My special guest on this episode is my husband, Jesse. He’s going to be a regular on the show, which I’m so excited about!

He and I share our unconventional love story — including how we met when we were 9 and 10 and how I thought he was sort of a jerk when we first met. We talk about what changed my perspective and share a funny story from the time he had brain surgery (yes, I promise, it’s funny even though it might not sound like it would be!)

Go here to listen to that episode and access all of the show notes and links we mention in it.

Episode #2: How to Stop Feeling So Overwhelmed (with Jennifer Dukes Lee)

In This Episode, I Share:

  • Some honest thoughts for that woman who feels like, "I can't make any friends! I try so hard, but it never goes anywhere."
  • About our brand-new Facebook Group!
  • How school lunches work at our house (I talk about my big visions of how this was going to work and the reality of how it actually is working for us.)
  • A fiction audiobook I recently listened to and loved.
  • My thoughts on a really vulnerable question from a listener on how to stop spending so much time on your phone and actually get up and get stuff done.

My special guest for this show is my friend, Jennifer Dukes Lee. I'm so excited to introduce her to you if you don't know her already! All three of her books have profoundly impacted me.

We talk about overwhelm and I love Jennifer's highly actionable advice on how to stop feeling overwhelmed and how to know what you should delegate, dismiss, and do. I also play devil's advocate and asks what Jennifer would say to a woman who's afraid of offending someone or hurting a relationship by saying "no." Her advice is so spot-on and convicting to me!

Go here to listen to this episode and access all of the show notes and links/resources we mention in it.

Where You Can Listen to the Episodes

The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player we’ll include in the show notes of each episode. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to  subscribe to a podcast here.)

Ready to dive in and listen? Go to CrystalPaine.com or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.

Thanks so much for how excited and supportive you've been about this endeavor! I'm thrilled to finally be launching this into the world! I’m so grateful for each of you!

P.S. If you have suggestions for topics you’d love me to cover in the future, please leave a comment or email let me know! I welcome them because I want to serve you as best as I possibly can on this show!

    
 

Gretchen’s $62 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

Dillons

1 Half & Half – $3.89

3 Kraft Shredded Cheese – $1.99 each, used 3 $0.75/1 Ibotta rebates – $1.24 each after rebate

1 Yoplait Go-Gurts – $2.99, used $1/1 e-coupon AND $1/1 SavingStar rebate – $0.99 after coupon and rebate

2 pkg Frozen Veggies – $1 each, used $0.50/2 e-coupon – $0.75 each after coupon

3 pkg Bear Naked Granola – $1.99 each (I had 3 $0.75/1 Ibotta rebates for this and doubled checked while at the store to make sure they were still available, but when I got home they had disappeared. Ugh! Does anyone else have this happen? It’s so frustrating!)

3 Knorr Pasta – $1 each, used $0.75/3 e-coupon – $0.75 each after coupon

1 Simple Truth Mac & Cheese – $1.50, used $0.40/1 e-coupon – $1.10 after coupon

1 Cantaloupe – Marked down to $0.99

1 bag Cucumbers – Marked down to $0.99

1 bag Apples – Marked down to $0.99

1 Lettuce – $1.29

1 Epic Bar – $1.50, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

1 Hormel Compleats Meal – $2, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

3.04 lbs Bananas – $1.49

Used $0.25/1 Ibotta rebate for receipt

Total after coupons and rebates: $24.92

Aldi

1 bag Apples – $1.79

2 pkg Frozen Broccli – $1.19 each

1 lb Ground Beef – $3.39

1 pkg Frozen Chicken Breasts – $5.99

1 Applesauce – $1.89

1 box Cereal – $1.39

1 can Black Beans – $0.61

1 can Diced Tomatoes – $0.69

1 can Kidney Beans – $0.59

1 bag Mandarins – $2.69

1 bag Flour – $1.39

1 Spaghetti Squash – $1.96

1 bag Tortilla Chips – $1.49

1 bag Shredded Cheese – $2.49

1 lb Butter – $2.55

1 jar Spaghetti Sauce – $1.49

1 gallon Milk – $1.79

1 loaf Bread – $1.49

1 dozen Eggs – $0.58

1 pkg English Muffins – $0.99

Total: $37.63

Total for both stores: $62.55

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, English Muffins, Fruit, Pumpkin Muffins, Yogurt

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Tossed Salad, Cheese/Crackers, Fruit/Veggies, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Mac & Cheese, Leftovers

Dinners

Southwest Rollups, Tortilla Chips, Cantaloupe

Homemade Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks

Grilled Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli

3-Bean Chili Chowder, Tortilla Chips, Veggies

Pancakes, Eggs, Fruit Salad

Dinner with friends (We are bringing dessert!)

Out to eat