Saturday, February 17, 2018

Slow Day: Week 7 and more...

Welcome to my weekly Slow Day post, inspired by Monica from The Homespun Heart. My Word for 2018 is Slow and, in the spirit of that word, I'm taking one day each week (Wednesday) off — I'll be unplugged and offline and plan […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Slow Day: Week 7

Welcome to my weekly Slow Day post, inspired by Monica from The Homespun Heart. My Word for 2018 is Slow and, in the spirit of that word, I'm taking one day each week (Wednesday) off — I'll be unplugged and offline and plan to move at a slower pace, take time to do things that refresh me, and just really focus on being present and savoring the moment.

Each Saturday, I'll be sharing a photographic peek into my Slow Day — and I'll let the pictures almost 100% speak for themselves, instead of giving many explanations. Enjoy a little peek into our lives!

I spoke at Discipleship Group on Wednesday morning about Family of Origin and Genograms. Here were some of my notes/my genogram poster board that I brought as an example. I had them set out the night before so I would remember to bring everything I needed to bring.

Kaitlynn and I have been leaving little notes to each other around the house. 🙂 I woke up to find this one on the mirror.

I love this man so much! Here he is helping make lunches for the kids before school.

We kept Valentine’s Day super simple this year — and we just bought Dollar Tree Valentine’s this year.

Silas made this beautiful Valentine for Jesse and I and gave it to us on Valentine’s morning.


I made Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins using this Banana Bread recipe.

It was a perfect evening snuggling and watching Olympic figure skating.

    
 

Brigette’s $71 Grocery Shopping Trip, Zaycon Order and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

Aldi

1 pkg Smoked Turkey – $2.25

1 pkg Sliced Pepperoni – $1.95

1 jug Pancake Syrup – $1.29

2 gallons Whole Milk – $2.72

1 32-oz carton Half and Half – $1.59

1 8-oz carton Heavy Whipping Cream – $1.55

1 32-oz carton Greek Yogurt (for some reason, this isn’t on my receipt)

2 64-oz cartons Orange Juice – $3.18

1 pkg Applesauce Cups – $1.15

1 can Olive Oil Cooking Spray – $1.35

2 cans Chicken Breast – $3.10

1 12-oz bag Shredded Cheddar Cheese – $2.15

1 pkg Strawberries – $1.49

1 bag Broccoli Crowns – $1.05

1 3-lb bag Lemons – $1.89

2 pkgs Romaine Hearts – $3.58

1 bag Zucchini – $1.45

2 pkgs Baby Carrots – $1.50

1 2-lb bag Carrots – $0.79

1 bunch Bananas (2.39lbs @ $0.25/lb) – $0.60

1 16-oz bag Mini Cucumbers – $1.75

2 Pineapple – $1.78

1 bag Mini Sweet Peppers – $1.69

2 16-oz cartons Egg Whites – $3.98

1 bag Pretzels – $0.85

1 jar Onion Powder – $0.99

1 jar Garlic Powder – $0.99

1 24-oz carton Cottage Cheese – $1.75

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns – $0.59

1 pkg Hamburger Buns – $0.59

1 loaf Sandwich Bread – $0.65

1 Dark Chocolate Bar – $1.99

1 32-oz pkg Spaghetti – $1.09

Total: $53.32

 

Zaycon

For several years now, I have been buying almost all of my chicken, ground beef, and ground turkey from Zaycon. It’s no secret I’m in love with their quality meat and affordable prices!

This is my first time purchasing their Premium Hickory Smoked Bacon, and it is fantastic! I’ve been wanting to “splurge” on buying their bacon for awhile, but I’ve been waiting to save up enough referral credits. It did not disappoint! 🙂 It comes frozen in 12 3-lb packages, which makes it super easy to throw in the freezer with no packaging work on my end. We love the hickory flavor of the thick-cut slices.

If you haven’t tried Zaycon before, I highly recommend it! As an added bonus, they offer regular sales and promotions, as well as a wonderful referral program.

36lbs of Bacon (@$3.79lb) = $136.44, minus $27.29 (a promo/sale code they were offering) = $109.15

~Used $109.15 of Referral Credits

Total: FREE

Harris Teeter

1 28-oz pkg Seapak Popcorn Shrimp – $3.49, used $0.75/1 Seapak Product – 2-11-18 SS; Includes 8 oz or Larger Only (exp. 04/08/18) (doubled) – $1.99 after coupon

1 pkg Fresh Spinach, reduced – $1.00

1 head Cauliflower – $1.99

1 tub Spring Mix, reduced – $1.00

1 jar Peanut Butter – $1.00

1 bag Eight O’ Clock Coffee Beans – $2.89, used $1.00/1 printable – $1.89 after coupon

1 tub Arla Cream Cheese Spread – $2.99, used $2.99 evic coupon – FREE after coupon

1 24-oz tub Cottage Cheese – $2.69

5 cans Libby’s Green Beans (B2G3) – $2.78

1 bag Red Grapes (2.50lbs @ $0.99/lb) – $2.48

1 64-oz carton Almond Breeze – $2.50, used $0.75/1 Blue Diamond Chilled Almond Breeze Almondmilk – 2-11-18 SS; Includes 64 oz or Larger Only (exp. 04/15/18) – $1.00 after coupon

Total after Coupons: $17.82

Grocery Total for the Week: $71.14

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfasts

Everyone is responsible for making/cleaning up their own breakfasts. Choices include:

Fried/Scrambled/Boiled Eggs, Cereal, Oatmeal, Fruit, Yogurt, Toast

(I didn’t buy any cereal or eggs this week in hopes that we will use up some of the random half-empty cereal boxes that have been regularly ignored for weeks now, as well as a few dozen eggs that have past their “sell-by” date!)

Lunches 

Turkey Sandwiches, Carrots, Pineapple x 2

Baked Potato Bar (Broccoli, Bacon, Cottage Cheese, Shredded Cheese, Butter), Grapes x 2

Build-Your-Own-Tossed Salad (Romaine, Spring Mix, Fresh Spinach, Chopped Fresh Veggies, Craisins, Chicken, Shredded Cheese, Hard Boiled Eggs, Homemade Dressing) x 2

Leftovers

Dinners

Popcorn Shrimp, Mashed Potatoes, Tossed Salad

Spaghetti Alla Carbonara (family recipe that is similar to this), Homemade French Bread, Green Beans

Venison Roast in the Crockpot, Steamed Carrots, Baked Potatoes, Fluffy Cream Cheese Biscuits

Grilled Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower, Easy Whole Wheat Muffins, Strawberries

Night out with Girl Friends (for me; the rest of the family will probably use McDonald’s gift cards the children got from their grandparents for Valentine’s Day)

Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, Tossed Salad

Venison Bacon BurgersMacaroni and Cheese, Sauteed Zucchini

    
 

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.