Sunday, February 11, 2018

A Peek Into Our Week (+ an update on my goals) and more...

Welcome to my weekly post I share a peek into our lives, talk about things I'm loving, share links to interesting articles or helpful ideas I've collected throughout the past week, and just talk about whatever is on my heart! […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

A Peek Into Our Week (+ an update on my goals)

Welcome to my weekly post I share a peek into our lives, talk about things I'm loving, share links to interesting articles or helpful ideas I've collected throughout the past week, and just talk about whatever is on my heart! 🙂 

This week was filled with recovering from sickness, working on moving projects, launching Content Creation 101, a Slow Day and spontaneous dates, planning for the Come as You Are Night (see more below), watching the Olympics, and spending time with friends. Oh and I also decided to try experimenting with Instagram Live…

Join Me for My Daily Instagram Live Show!

So many of you have told me that you really miss my Periscope shows that I used to do. Well, I’ve been experimenting with Instagram Live and it reminds me a lot of Periscope — minus the trolls!

I’ve been hopping on live around 11 a.m. CT every morning to share an inspirational message or practical encouragement. The show is usually 5-10 minutes long and you can interact with me live in the comments. OR, if you miss the show, you can watch the replay for the next 24 hours.

You need to download the Instagram app and have an account. Then, follow me here. You can click on the round profile picture and then it will play my Instagram Live or any Instagram Stories I have recorded over the last day.

Note: I’m currently just experimenting with this to see if it’s something that I want to commit to longterm or not. I’d love your input and thoughts as I decide whether to continue on with it!

I wrote a post this past week sharing about my experience using DiscountGlasses.com.

I also wrote a detailed post talking all about my trip with Jesse to go to the New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell Ceremony.

So this happened Friday night. 23 women (most whom I had never met and who had never met each other!) showed up at our house for the first Come As You Are night.

These brave women responded to an Instagram post of mine asking if you were looking for authentic community in the Nashville area. And then they showed up not know what to expect or who was going to be there.

The night was filled laughter, good food (everyone brought a simple snack!), amazing conversations, and incredible openness.

(After everyone introduced themselves, I had a list of 8 questions that I put together and we broke into groups of two and talked about one of the questions for 5 minutes and then moved on to a different person/different question. It was a great way to go deep in relationships pretty quickly and to get to know a number of women in the room in a short span of time.)

A big thank you to my friend, Melissa, for all her help with pulling last night off and being my extroverted sidekick! And thank you so much to Jen Schmidt for inspiring me to stop waiting to be invited and to start being the initiator through her book, Just Open the Door!

I had no idea how much I was going to fall in love with this hospitality thing! I'm already looking forward to planning another night soon!

It's amazing what happens when you just open the door! Who can you reach out to today?

Links You Should Check Out:

2018 Goals Update

Personal Goals

1. Read 100 non-self-help books that will build me up/encourage me/inspire me/recharge me. (Fiction/story-driven/biographies/inspirational living books/devotionals.) See the list of 44 books I plan to read this year.

**Progress: 11 books read so far this year

2. Read through the entire Bible.

**Progress: I'm using the Robert Murray M'Cheyne plan and am all caught up— yay!

3. Write one handwritten note to someone every week.

**Progress: 7 notes written so far this year

4. Run 500 miles.

**Progress: 60 miles run so far

Marriage Goal

5. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids. Jesse and I went to NYC together in January.

Family Goals

6. Read 10 books aloud with the kids.

**Progress: I’ve finished one book so far.

7. Take the kids to South Africa.

**Progress: We’re in the process of nailing down dates for our trip right now.

8. Go on a family road trip.

Financial Goals

9. Save up to pay cash to finish off an office for me and workout room for Jesse and me in the basement in our new house.

10. Replenish our Emergency Fund (we dipped into it to replace my car when it got totaled because of the carpet beetle infestation.)

Business Goals

11. Increase our gross income from the business by 8%.

12. Launch 5 new courses.

**Progress: 4 Weeks to a More Productive Life launched in January and Content Creation 101 launched in February.

    
 

Slow Day: Week 6

Welcome to my weekly Slow Day post, inspired by Monica from The Homespun Heart. My Word for 2018 is Slow and, in the spirit of that word, I'm taking one day each week (Wednesday) off — I'll be unplugged and offline and plan to move at a slower pace, take time to do things that refresh me, and just really focus on being present and savoring the moment.

Each Saturday, I'll be sharing a photographic peek into my Slow Day — and I'll let the pictures almost 100% speak for themselves, instead of giving many explanations. Enjoy a little peek into our lives!

In the middle of Kaitlynn getting ready for school (she leaves for school before the other two kids since her school starts earlier and she likes to get there 20-25 minutes early), the electricity went out and was out for an hour.

I had to wait to run on the treadmill until after the electricity came back on. Gratefully, I was able to get in my run before I needed to leave for Discipleship Group.

My time at Discipleship Group every Wednesday is one of my favorite times every week.

I came home and made eggs for lunch and read for awhile until it was time to pick the kids up from school.

After school, Silas I left to got to the chiropractor and then on a special spontaneous date at Panera.

    
 

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.