Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Amazing $20 Thrift Store Haul and more...

Guest post from Jennifer I love thrift stores! I'm not ashamed of the fact that I love to save money and get incredible deals. Better than Black Friday or any clearance sale there out there, thrift stores are the end-all […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Photobucket

My Amazing $20 Thrift Store Haul

Guest post from Jennifer

I love thrift stores!

I’m not ashamed of the fact that I love to save money and get incredible deals. Better than Black Friday or any clearance sale there out there, thrift stores are the end-all be-all of bargain shopping.

To me, there is nothing better than a good thrift store haul.

I’ve been “thrifting” for years, and never plan to stop. Where else can you find clothes for the whole family, toys, furniture (our dining room chairs were a thrift store find) electronics, books, bikes, and everything you could need for your home for up to 90% off retail prices?

A good thrift store can be your one stop shop for pretty much anything, and you never know what you’re going to find.

I could go on and on about the thrill of finding a North Face coat for $7.00 or a pair of brand new Keen sandals for $6.00 and Toms for $4.00. I could talk to you for hours about how thrift store shopping helped us during our lean years and continues to help us put more money into our savings.

But right now I will talk about what I got for about $20.00 at my local Salvation Army on a Wednesday in December.

On this particular trip I had my two older boys with me (6 and 8), and we were on a quick trip just to get us out of the house during Christmas break.

We were looking for toys (always), shoes, workout T-shirts me, workout pants for dad and dresses for Maggie (age 3).

Here’s what we got – ALL for only $21.68!!

  • 1 Girls coat
  • 2 Sets of pajamas (one night gown, one footsie PJ’s)
  • 8 T-shirts (2 for me, and 6 for the kiddos)
  • 1 Pair of black leggings
  • 1 Hoodie
  • 1 Dance leotard
  • 1 Dress
  • 1 Pair men’s workout pants
  • 1 Minnie mouse outfit (skirt and top!)
  • 1 Batman helicopter
  • 1 Iron man figure

The Highlights

The black leggings :: I thought I was getting a pair of workout pants for myself (they were in the sweat pant section) but upon further investigation I found out that the pants were actually thick leggings. I found the exact item on the Dillard’s website selling for $37.00!

The Missouri Home Shirt :: I have been wanting one of these shirts for a while so I was so excited to find this gem. This shirt retails for about $16.00!

The boys Nike performance shirt :: My older boys love “slicky” shirts and I love the quality of name brands so when we found this one for only $1.00 we couldn’t pass it up!

The grey hoodie :: This is the most comfortable sweatshirt I have ever owned. Its a bit frumpy but it’s perfect for lazy winter days.

The girls coat :: We needed a casual coat for Maggie and this one was her size and still had the zippered hood attached (that’s a bonus for thrift store coats).

The Minnie Mouse outfit :: It’s just the cutest!! Maggie is a skirt wearing girl and who doesn’t love Minnie? This outfit was $1.00!

The toys :: The Batman helicopter alone is selling on Amazon for $29.00 and the Iron Man figure retails for $10.00. We paid $4.00 for both!

This was just a normal day at my local thrift store! I wasn’t planning on writing about this shopping trip, but once I realized how many great items we found, I couldn’t resist.

Go check out your local thrift stores, there are bargains to be had and deals just waiting to be found.

Seriously, go!

No one will judge you — the only people that will even see you there are fellow thrift store shoppers. Just remember, not every trip is a success, but you never know what you can find.

I love thrift stores!

I’m Jennifer and I live in Blue Springs Missouri. I’ve been married for 11 years to an amazing man. I’m blessed to be a stay at home mom of 4 kids (Henry-8 Charlie-6 Maggie-3 James-3). I love to watch TV, craft, bake/cook, thrift shop (obviously) and hang out with my family.

    
 

Did you sign up for the free Photography Class?

Just a reminder! This class is tomorrow! Have you signed up yet?

Have you always wished you could learn how to take better photos? Do you wish you could figure out how to get your camera out of auto mode?

If so, I want to invite you to join me for a free LIVE Photography Class I’ll be hosting with Courtney of Click It Up a Notch. Courtney is the force behind Click it Up a Notch which was named by the Huffington Post as one of the Top 5 Blogs for Momtographers. She helps over 50,000 photographers each week learn how to capture their life, beautifully.

In this class, she’ll teach you:

  • What you should be asking yourself each time you pick up your camera
  • The one piece of equipment she wishes she hadn’t wasted her money on (and what you should buy instead)
  • The #1 composition mistake that will kill your photo & what to do instead
  • One simple tip that can take your photo from flat to fabulous
  • 3 simple things you need to do EACH time you pick up your camera
  • How forgetting to take this one shot can impact the story you are telling

This online class will be at 12 p.m. CT/1 p.m. EST on Thursday, January 18th. Go here to read more and sign up.

Y’all. I cannot wait for this class because I have so much to learn when it comes to photography. And whether you want to take better photos for your blog or social media, or whether you are considering photography as a side business down the road, or whether you just want to learn to capture the every day moments with your kids, I think you’ll love this free class.

Click here to sign up for this free class on 5 ACTIONABLE tips to better blog photos.

P.S. Because we know the importance of investing in yourself, we want to encourage you to show up live. We will be doing a fun giveaway for live attendees only as an extra incentive to make it a priority to show up live! Sign up here.

    
 

Photobucket

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.