Friday, March 17, 2017

Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot and more...

I bought an Instant Pot during the amazing Black Friday sale when the 7-in-1 Instant Pot was marked down to just $69! But when I got it and saw all of the buttons on it, I got scared. People had […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot

I bought an Instant Pot during the amazing Black Friday sale when the 7-in-1 Instant Pot was marked down to just $69!

But when I got it and saw all of the buttons on it, I got scared.

People had told me that this was a MUST HAVE appliance and after enough people told me I really, really needed to buy it, I finally caved.

But then I regretted the decision. Because it felt overwhelming.

You see, I’d never used a Pressure Cooker before… ever. And I was completely unfamiliar with Pressure Cooking.

So I worried that I would blow something up trying to use it.

It sat in the box until a few weeks ago, when I got brave and decided if I didn’t ever get it out of the box, I would never actually find out whether it was worth using or not.

Many people had suggested starting with making Hard Boiled Eggs, because they are so easy to make and “almost impossible to mess up” I was told.

I’ve made hard boiled eggs probably at least a thousand times in my lifetime, if not more. So I figured they were a good recipe to start with.

I found instructions online and read over them at least 5 times. I had pretty much memorized them and felt like, “I got this!”

However, because I knew that I needed all the hand-holding I could get, I decided to hop on Facebook Live while I was attempting the recipe.

Oh my! I am SO glad I did because, without all the help from my Facebook followers, I may have blown something up or burned myself… or at least have ruined the batch of eggs!

The first time of using it was quite the adventure. But once I had done it, I felt so empowered. And it was a LOT easier the next time around.

I am quickly falling in love with my Instant Pot. I love that I can cook so many different things in it so quickly. I love that I can put the ingredients in it and set the timer and then just leave it — instead of having to watch the stove, wait for the water to boil, and/or make sure the water doesn’t boil over.

I’ve just barely scratched the surface of the world of Instant Pots and I am starting to clearly understand why people are such raving fans of this appliance! There’s so much it can do — and it makes eating at home and getting dinner on the table so much easier!

There are many, many bloggers out there who are sharing incredible Instant Pot recipes. However, I knew there are some of you who haven’t yet gotten your Instant Pot out of the box and you are feeling scared, just like I was.

So I thought it would be fun to share some very beginning Instant Pot recipes on my blog over the next few months as I learn how to use my Instant Pot. My hope is that these will inspire you to not let your Instant Pot sit in the box any longer! Get it out and start using it — you’ll be so glad you did!

Okay, I know that sounds like a lot of steps. But trust me on this, after you’ve used your Instant Pot one time, it will be so much easier. I promise!

{Need some hand holding to make this recipe? Watch my video here.}

So get brave, get it out of the box, and make some amazing Hard Boiled Eggs!

What are YOUR favorite things to make in the Instant Pot? I’d love to hear!

    
 

Brigette’s $53 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

Aldi

2 boxes Raisin Bran – $3.58

2 cartons Egg Whites – $3.78

3 dozen Eggs – $2.67

1 bag Frozen Blueberries – $2.29

2 gallons Whole Milk – $4.56

1 can Tomato Sauce – $0.25

1 bag Frozen Peas – $0.95

1 pint Grape Tomatoes – $1.89

1 bag Lemons – $2.48

2 2-lb bag bags Carrots – $1.38, plus receive $0.25 back from Checkout 51

1 1-lb bag Baby Carrots – $0.99

2 cans Green Beans – $0.98

2 cans Diced Tomatoes – $0.98

1 bag Broccoli Crowns – $1.39

2 1-lb bags Fresh Asparagus – $3.98

1 bunch Bananas (2.11lbs @ 0.44/lb) – $0.93

1 8-oz carton Heavy Whipping Cream – $1.89

1 3-ct package Green Peppers – $1.19

2 24-oz jars Pasta Sauce – $1.98

2 heads Cabbage – $1.38

1 bag Radishes – $0.99

1 bag Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips – $1.09

1 pkg Romaine Hearts – $1.99

1 pkg Hamburger Buns – $0.85

1 pkg Fresh Zucchini – $1.99

Total: $46.12

Harris Teeter

1 Gatorade Fuel Bar – $1.27, used free catalina coupon – FREE after coupon

3 boxes Barilla Collezione Pasta – $5.00, used 3 $0.75/1 printable (doubled) – $0.50/3 boxes after coupons

3 Naan Pita Bread – $4.50, used 3 $1.00/1 printable – $1.50/3 after coupons

3 loaves Arnold Premium Italian Bread – $4.48, used 3 $0.55/1 Arnold Bread Product – 1-1-17 SS; DND (exp. 04/01/17) (doubled) – $1.18/3 after coupons

2 boxes Zatarains Frozen EntrĂ©e – $3.98, used 2 $0.75/1 Zatarain's frozen entree, RP 03/05 (doubled) -$1.98/2 after coupons (my husband will take these as lunches to work)

2 bags Frozen Okra – $2.00

Total after coupons: $7.16

Grocery Total for the Week: $53.28

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfasts

Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal x 2 (we still have a few bags of apples to use up from my bulk purchase a few weeks ago)

Cereal x 3

Eggs, Toast x 2

Lunches

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Carrots, Apples x 2

Leftovers x 5

Dinners

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (recipe from my husband’s family), Mashed Potatoes, Blueberry Streusel Muffins

Hamburgers on the Grill, Grilled Broccoli and Zucchini, Baked Homemade French Fries

Cheese Pizza (using the Naan bread as crust), Tossed Salad

Grilled Chicken, Asparagus, Tossed Salad, Biscuits

Hamburger Vegetable Soup with Shredded Cheese, Easy Whole Wheat Bread

Hobo Packets, Homemade Applesauce, Easy Whole Wheat Bread

Leftovers

Snacks

Apples with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Apple Dip, Homemade Oatmeal Cookies (I will be using the okra to try a new recipe or two – snacks for me – from the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook)

    
 

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.