Friday, December 4, 2015

Free Video Series: 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever and more...

 
Money Saving Mom

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's What's New
Free Video Series: 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever
How to Make Freezer Meal Gifts
Do It Yourself: Stir and Pour Bread Mix Gift Jar
Brigette's $54 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6
What Frugal People Freeze
Free Meal Planning 101 Printable
Free 2016 Budget Calendars
Share your YNAB budgeting success story and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card!
My 4 Favorite Podcasts

money-making-mom-300x250

:: Free Video Series: 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever

Free Video Series from Michael Hyatt

Michael Hyatt is offering a free video series on 5 days to your best year ever.

These free videos will help you discover and get motivated about what you want for 2016. This series is designed to help you gain clarity you need to make meaningful progress, no matter where you are now.

Sign up for the free video series here.

:: How to Make Freezer Meal Gifts

How to Make Freezer Meal Gifts

Life As Mom has a great post up on how to make freezer meal gifts.

Giving a freezer meal gift is a great way to show someone you care, as well as free them up to: love on a new baby, grieve, or survive whatever crazy season they're in while still eating well.

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

:: Do It Yourself: Stir and Pour Bread Mix Gift Jar

Stir and Pour Bread Mix Gift Jar

My friend, Laura, over at Heavenly Homemakers shows you how to make a Stir and Pour Bread Mix Gift Jar.

This is an easy DIY Christmas gift idea that only costs $1 per jar!

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I'd love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

:: Brigette's $54 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Aldi

10lb bag Russet Potatoes - $3.49

2 1-lb bag Baby Carrots - $1.98

1 bunch Bananas (2.95lbs @ $0.38/lb) - $1.12

1 head Cauliflower - $1.99

1 3-lb bag Oranges - $2.49

1 2-lb bag Lemons - $2.49

1 20-oz pkg Zucchini - $1.99

1 pkg Artisan Lettuce - $1.99

1 3-ct bag Romaine Hearts - $1.99

1 bag Mini Sweet Peppers - $2.29

1 3-lb bag Honeycrisp Apples - $3.99

1 Pomegranate - $0.59

1 dozen Eggs - $2.59

2 cans Green Beans - $0.98

2 16-oz cartons Egg Whites - $5.18

1 bag Nacho Cheese Chips - $1.19

1 8-oz can Baking Cocoa - $2.19

1 gallon Milk - $2.99

Total: $41.42

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Harris Teeter

5 boxes Cereal - $10.00, used 2 $0.50/1 printable (doubled), plus $0.75/1 printable (doubled), plus $0.50/1 evic - $6.00/5 boxes after coupons

1 Dawn Detergent - $1.00, used $0.30/1 printable (doubled) - $0.40 after coupon

2 cans Dole Mandarin Oranges - $2.00, used 2 $0.40/1 printable (doubled) - $0.40/2 after coupons

1 carton Progresso Broth - $1.29, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled), plus $0.75/1 evic - $0.75 MM after coupons

1 8-oz Challenge Cream Cheese - $1.79, used $1/1 printable - $0.79 after coupon

2 59-oz jugs Simply Orange Juice - $6.00, used 2 $0.75/1 printable (doubled), plus $0.75/1 evic - $2.25/2 after coupons

2 pkgs Mission Flour Tortillas - $4.58, used 2 $0.75/1 (doubled) - $1.58/2 after coupons

2 boxes Yoplait Gogurt - $4.00, used $0.75/2 printable (doubled), plus $0.75/2 evic - $1.75/2 after coupons

Total: $12.48

Grocery Total for the Week: $54.00

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfasts

Cereal x 2

Oatmeal with Fruit (from the freezer) x 3

Yogurt, Toast

Cinnamon Rolls, Scrambled Eggs

Lunches

Cheese Quesadillas, Apples, Carrots x 2

Rice Cakes with Almond Butter, Oranges, Yogurt x 2

Baked Potatoes with Cheese, Mini Peppers, Bananas x 2

Leftovers

Dinners

Oven Fried Chicken Chimichangas, Spanish Rice, Tossed Salad

White Chili, Cornbread, Carrot Sticks

Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza, Tossed Salad

Venison Roast in the Crockpot, Mashed Cauliflower, Roasted Zucchini, Homemade French Bread

Grilled Marinated Chicken, Grilled Homemade French Bread, Tossed Salad

Leftovers x 2

:: What Frugal People Freeze

What Frugal People Freeze

Sarah from The Orthodox Mama has a helpful list of what frugal people freeze.

:: Free Meal Planning 101 Printable
:: Free 2016 Budget Calendars

Free 2016 Budget Calendars

Download a set of free 2016 budget calendars to help you tackle your finances in the new year.

:: Share your YNAB budgeting success story and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card!

YNAB

As you well know, our family has become big fans of You Need a Budget this year. When I shared earlier this year about how much we love this software, I was so happy to hear how many of you also loved YNAB.

And I've got some great news for all of you You Need a Budget fans! YNAB was so thrilled by how many of you said you love their program that they asked if they could give away 3 $100 Amazon gift cards to the top three budgeting success stories submitted here by current YNAB users.

If you currently use YNAB and it's allowed you to be successful in sticking with a budget, or paying off debt, or saving for something, or doing something else really cool, we want to hear about it! And you could earn a $100 Amazon gift card for submitting your story!

Budgeting Success Story Guidelines:

  • Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
  • Posts must be related to budgeting success using YNAB
  • Please limit your post to 750 to 1000 words or less.
  • Use of bullets, lists, and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
  • Please do not email your submission in HTML format or in a Word or text document. Only posts submitted through the form on this post will be accepted as entrants.
  • Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
  • Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site.
  • Posts must be received by December 18, 2015 to be eligible.
  • Our team will review all the entries and will select our top 3 favorites as the winning entries.
  • The winning entries will be posted on MoneySavingMom.com during the beginning months of 2016, and the author of each entry will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card.
  • We will notify each of the winners via email.

Submit Your YNAB Budgeting Success Story

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
:: My 4 Favorite Podcasts

In addition to listening to scopes regularly, I love listening to podcasts. It's a great way to fill my brain while my hands are busy.
My 4 Favorite Podcasts

Here are my 4 favorite podcasts:

1. The Laura Ingraham Show

I have been listening to Laura Ingraham for a really long time. She is a conservative talk radio host and part of her show is turned into a podcast every day.

I love Laura for two reasons: she makes me think, and she makes me laugh! I don't agree with her on a lot of things, but I love that she challenges the status quo. She really makes me examine why I have the beliefs and opinions that I do.

My 4 Favorite Podcasts

2. Build Your Tribe by Chalene Johnson

Chalene has two podcasts - one more on life, and one more on business. Sometimes they overlap and she puts the same podcast on both shows. Both are very good, but I personally love the Build Your tribe podcast the best.

Chalene has SO many great things to say and she really challenges me to think outside the box when it comes to my business.

This is the one show that I do skip a lot of episodes, so that I do not feel overwhelmed with information overload. I look and check out the title, and if it's a topic that is going to make me feel like I need to do more in an area that I know I don't need to prioritize right now, then I just skip it.

My 4 Favorite Podcasts

3. Sorta Awesome by Megan Tietz

I don't agree with every idea or recommendation on this show, but I have picked up SO many great tips and ideas from this show - in all areas of my life! I especially love the first part of the show where they talk about their "awesome of the week."

I really enjoy when Megan's co-host Rebekah comes on, because I know her personally and she is so much fun to listen to! I love how real Rebekah is, and how she always remains true to who she is.

The-Podcast-3

4. Cultivating the Lovely with MacKenzie Monroe

You all know how much I love MacKenzie's periscopes, so I'm thrilled that she just started the Cultivating the Lovely podcast a few weeks ago and it's quickly becoming one of my very favorite podcasts. I'm so honored to be featured on this week's podcast. You can listen to my podcast with MacKenzie here.

What are YOUR favorite podcasts? I'd love to hear!

You received this email because you are registered on www.moneysavingmom.com with the email address panatllc1.kate@blogger.com. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, you can easily unsubscribe here.
Money Saving Mom
2020 Fieldstone Parkway, Suite 900 #313
Franklin, TN 37069
© 2008-2015 Money Saving Mom, LLC. All rights reserved.