Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas on a Zero Budget and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

201410_TiesThatBind_banner_300x250

black friday 2014

Here's What's New

:: Christmas on a Zero Budget

Christmas-On-A-Zero-Budget-10-ways-to-afford-gifts-food-for-Christmas-Day-when-you-have-no-money-to-spend

If you are struggling and barely eeking by this Christmas, I highly encourage you to go read Victoria’s post on Having Christmas on a Zero Budget. I think it will inspire you!

    

:: A Week of Gratitude (Week 1)

Blessings This WeekAnother blessing: beautiful snow while we’ve been in Colorado the past two days!

It’s November and I’m counting my blessings as part of the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge. Here are some of my blessings from this past week:

1. Getting to watch Kaitlynn perform her ice skating competition routine. (So proud of how hard she is working! See a video of her practicing here.)

2. Watching Kathrynne’s swim meet and seeing her confidence blossoming.

3. The love from my children… when I was feeling tired one evening, they all surrounded me and just loved on me.

4. Snuggling with Silas. That boy blesses his mama so much!

5. Turning in my manuscript to a group of friends who are critiquing it! So thrilled to have it be so close to being able to turn into the publisher.

What I'm Thankful For This Week

6. Getting to spend time with some of my dearest friends at The Platform Conference.

7. A group of some of my very closest friends gathering one evening and pouring out our hearts in prayer together… such a beautiful thing.

Blessings From This Past WeekParticipating in the speaker’s panel at the Platform Conference

8. Getting to meet new friends and have some really deep conversations at The Platform Conference & Hearts at Home.

9. Facing a big fear in my life & punching it right in the face. (See picture proof & read more here.) Also, I’m so, so grateful for my manager and friend, Brian, being willing to spend over two hours helping me prep/organize for the talk and my slides the day before I gave it. I was feeling like it just wasn’t coming together and he jumped in and made it so much better than I could have ever done on my own.

10. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law graciously watching our children so Jesse and I could spend a few days together — at the Platform Conference and doing some filming with Focus on the Family.

11. Jesse being so kind to run out at 9 p.m. tonight to find a shirt to go under my jacket for the FOTF filming — after we realized that I didn’t pack anything that met their request for no black/no patterns. Note to self: always carefully read film shoot clothes requirements when packing, not the night before the filming when you are far from home. Oops!)

12. The encouragement of so, so many people this past week as I carried some heavy burdens. If you were one of those people, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

13. Unexpectedly getting to meet my editor (Bryan Norman) for my book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. He poured so much into that manuscript and I’m eternally indebted to him. So it was very special that he surprised me and showed up for my talk at The Platform Conference. I’m just sad I forgot to get a picture with him!

14. The encouragement, love, support, and cheerleading from Jesse. I’m so blessed to be married to him! He had to pull a LOT of extra weight this week while I was finishing up my manuscript and prepping for two conferences and he did it all so willingly and graciously. I owe so much to him!

What were YOUR blessings from this past? Leave a comment to tell us about them!

    

Daily Planner 600x100 sales price

:: A Week of Meals from ALDI or Trader Joe’s for $70



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.