Tuesday, November 4, 2014

12 Months to a Healthier You: November's Challenge and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

201410_TiesThatBind_banner_300x250

Daily Walk Bible

Here's What's New

:: 12 Months to a Healthier You: November’s Challenge

Expressing gratitude doesn’t require money. It doesn’t require much thought or effort. But it can change our whole outlook on life.

I started keeping a gratitude journal two years ago. It helped me to keep a positive, thankful attitude in the midst of some health problems I was experiencing.

But once those health problems were resolved, I saw such benefit in recording my blessings every day, that I continued doing it. To keep it simple, I’ve just been using the one-line-a-day journal my mom gave me for Christmas.

Every morning, when I first wake up, I read my Bible, pray, and write down at least one line of blessings from the past day. Some days it’s easier to come up with blessings than others, but I can always come up with at least a few good things from the day before — even if it was a hard day.

I’ve found that starting my day by recounting the blessings from the previous day puts me in a different state of mind. And it gets the day started on a great foot! Plus, it reminds me to live with a grateful, thankful spirit.

Will You Join Me?

During the month of November, I’d like to encourage you to join me in this practice. Get creative in how you record your blessings each day: Buy a journal at the dollar store, use a notebook you already have, share your list on Facebook or Instagram, post it on your blog, or write it on a white board or chalkboard on your wall each day. Whatever works for you! The important thing is to take time to recount and write down your blessings!

Gratitude Journal

Psst! Coming later this month, I’m releasing a brand-new Gratitude Journal. We’ll have it available in our online store and it will be available in some bookstores nationwide, as well. If you’d like to go ahead and purchase a copy, it’s available to order from Amazon already.

Are you joining us for the November Challenge to write a list of a few things you’re thankful for everyday? Let us know if you’re joining us by leaving a comment on this post. I’ll be blogging my list of blessings every Monday and would love for you to join me and share your blessings on that post each week, too!

    

:: 10 Goals For This Week + An Update on Last Week’s Goals

10 Goals For This Week

We got back from our visit to Kansas last night and are buried in a lot of laundry and catch up today. It was good to visit, but it’s always good to get back home, too!

10 Weekly GoalsOur three hanging out with three of their cousins in Kansas

I’m headed to the Hearts at Home conference on Friday and Saturday (will any of you be there? I’d love to get to meet you!) and then to Colorado Springs for the Platform Conference and some filming with Focus on the Family. I’m excited because my whole family gets to come and meet me in Colorado on Sunday and stay through Wednesday. Jesse’s sister and her husband live close by, so they have graciously offered to watch our kids while we are at the Platform Conference together.

I’m very excited to take Jesse with me to The Broadmoor (where the conference will be). I had the opportunity to go there once before for a spa day — a gracious gift from my publisher — and I said that I’d jump on the chance to get to go again and take Jesse. So while I’m really excited about the Platform Conference and am honored I was asked to speak there, I am equally excited that we get an all-expenses-paid working getaway trip together at such a beautiful place!

There are many, many times when running our own business is grueling and just plain hard work, but then there are opportunities like this that make you just want to pinch yourself and say, “I can’t believe I get to get paid to do this!” :)

Last week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1.  Read aloud with the kids and/or listen to Kathrynne read Sir Bentley at least three days.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

Personal Goals

3. Work on reviewing and memorizing Romans 1 and Romans 2:1-3.

4. Finish at least two books.

5. Run or exercise at least 4 times.

Business Goals

6. Review/do final edits for chapters 1-9 of my book. Work on chapter 10.

This week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1.  Read aloud with the kids and/or listen to Kathrynne read Sir Bentley at least three days.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Take Kaitlynn on a special outing.

Personal Goals

4. Work on reviewing and memorizing Romans 1 and Romans 2:1-4.

5. Write 2 thank you notes.

6. Finish at least two books.

7. Run or exercise at least 4 times.

Business Goals

8. Finish book draft and send book out to five people who are going to critique it before I turn it into the publisher.

9. Finish & practice my talk for the Platform Conference.

10. Tweak my talks for the Hearts at Home conference.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.


    

Daily Planner 600x100 sales price



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.