Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Gretchen's $100 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

This week, due to the rising prices at Aldi, I decided to skip shopping there and see if I could shop the sales at other stores for the same prices or lower than Aldi. I was happily surprised with the deals I got. Overall, I feel like produce and baking ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
Multi-colored divider
Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Multicolored divider

Gretchen’s $100 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

This week, due to the rising prices at Aldi, I decided to skip shopping there and see if I could shop the sales at other stores for the same prices or lower than Aldi. I was happily surprised with the deals I got. Overall, I feel like produce and baking supplies are probably still cheaper at Aldi but I can get better deals on the majority of groceries by shopping the sales at my local stores. Again, most of these stores are all within a mile or two of each other so gratefully I’m not spending a ton of gas money driving to each one.

Harris Teeter

4 dozen Eggs – $1.99 per dozen (I was SO excited about this price! We are stocked up for a couple of weeks now.)

3 cartons Harris Teeter Ice Cream – $1.97 each

1 Harris Teeter Tortillas – $0.84

3 pkg Dino Chicken Nuggets – $4.49 each (My kids LOVE these but they are normally $9 so I was excited about this price. These will last us for a few weeks!)

1 Goya Butter – $3.50, used $1/1 e-coupon – $2.50 after coupon

1 bag Brown Rice – $1.89

14 cans Beans – $0.44 each (These will go in the pantry to use over the next few months. This price was better than my Aldi price so I decided to stock up!)

2 Kellogg’s Raisin Bran Cereal – $1.97 each, used $1/2 e-coupon – $1.47 each after coupon

2 huge bags Fresh Greens Beans – Marked down to $0.75 each (I was so happy to find these! I immediately came home and canned them so we will have garden fresh green beans to use over the next few weeks. See picture below.)

1.17 lbs Tomatoes – $1.74

2 Cucumbers – $0.79 each

Used $5 off $30 purchase e-coupon

Total after coupons: $41.49

Ingles

I ran into Ingles to check for markdowns and was so excited to find some great deals!

3 loaves French Bread – Marked down to $1.48 each (We LOVE this bread! Two of these loaves will go in the freezer to use later.)

1 half gallon Half & Half – $4.98

1 gallon Milk – $3.33

2 pkg Steak – Marked down to $3.54 and $4.63

1 pkg Chicken Breasts – Marked down to $3.39

2 pkg Ground Beef – Marked down to $5.55 and $4.26

1 pkg Caesar Salad – Marked down to $1.49

1 huge pkg Organic Greens – Marked down to $1.99

1 pkg Mushrooms – Marked down to $0.99

Total: $38.59

Big Lots

If you have a Big Lots near you, I highly suggest signing up for their Rewards Program. I get coupons several times a month and they also always have a markdown shelf with great deals. This week I received a $10 off $20 purchase coupon so I used it to grab a few snack items for school lunches.

1 loaf Bread – $3.29

2 bags Pretzels – Marked down to $0.60 each

1 box Nabisco Snacks – Marked down to $4.75

2 boxes Ritz Crackers – Marked down to $2 each

1 huge jar Peanut Butter – $4.49

1 Welch’s Grape Jelly – $2.79

4 boxes Kraft Mac & Cheese – $1.19 each

Used $10 off $20+ purchase coupon

Total: $15.28

Local Liquidation Store

4 bags Path of Life Quinoa Blend – $1.39 each

1 bag Frozen Organic Peas – $0.99

1 pkg Food for Life English Muffins – $1.59

Total: $8.14

Total for all groceries: $100.50

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, English Muffins, Eggs, Fruit, Yogurt, Frozen Waffles

Lunches

Mac & Cheese/Carrots Sticks/Grapes x 2, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches/Cucumbers/Peaches x 2, Chicken Nuggets/Mandarin Oranges/Grapes, Leftovers x 2

Dinners

Grilled Steak, Green Beans, French Bread, Caesar Salad

Pancakes, Eggs

Bean Burritos, Steamed Quinoa Blend, Cantaloupe (from last week)

Chicken & Rice, Tossed Salad

Chicken/Zucchini/Mushroom Skillet (using zucchini from our garden) Steamed Peas, Biscuits

Pork Butt (I froze this two weeks ago), Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli

Homemade Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks, Tossed Salad

   
 
Multicolored Divider