Thursday, February 24, 2022

Sheet Pan Dinner: Sausage, Potatoes, & Carrots

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that there's one dinner we make at least a few times every single month: Sausage & Potatoes. Every time I make it, people ask me for the recipe. And every time, I just say that I wing it… because I do! But I ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

telegram-sidebar-image

Sheet Pan Dinner: Sausage, Potatoes, & Carrots

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that there’s one dinner we make at least a few times every single month: Sausage & Potatoes. Every time I make it, people ask me for the recipe. And every time, I just say that I wing it… because I do!

But I figured it was high time I actually sat down and typed up at least the basics of how I make it to give you something to go off of! 🙂

This recipe is so versatile, comforting, filling, and easy. Plus, I often find the ingredients on great sales or markdowns (which is why we make it so often!) so it’s very frugal, too.

You can make this in the the slow cooker or as a sheetpan dinner. The slow cooker is great if you want to make it earlier in the day and then have dinner done. Making it on a sheet pan gives it a more flavorful, roasted flavor.

The Ingredients I Use

I make it a little differently every time, based upon what we have on hand. Here are the ingredients I use:

Sausage: I always use some type of rope sausage or kielbasa. We like smoked sausage best as I love how it flavors everything. I just slice it.

Potatoes: I always use either potatoes or sweet potatoes or both. I peel and chop into pieces.

Veggies: Depending upon what I have on hand, I’ll use a combination of peppers (we especially love red/orange/yellow), onions, and/or carrots.

Broth, water, or oil: I add a little chicken broth, beef broth, or water if I cook in the slow cooker or drizzle with olive oil if I’m roasting it on a sheet pan in the oven.

Seasonings: You can add herbs or seasonings, if you’d like. But I find that the sausage will flavor it enough if you don’t.

How to Make It

I slice the sausage, chop the veggies, and then either lay out on a sheet pan and drizzle with oil or put in a slow cooker and pour about a cup of broth or water over.

If I’m cooking in the slow cooker, I’ll cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. (If I make a large batch, I’ll add extra cooking time.)

If roasting in the oven, bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Stir a few times while baking to fully roast everything.

And that’s it! Let me know if you make it and if you try any new variations on this staple recipe!

   
 

Money Making Mom Book