Monday, January 13, 2020

My Goals for This Week and more...

This year, I’m doing weekly goals in 2020 instead of yearly goals. And I'm thrilled to report that it's going so well! In fact, even though we had activities almost every evening last week and a very full week, I got so much done — and had breathing ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

My Goals for This Week

This year, I’m doing weekly goals in 2020 instead of yearly goals. And I’m thrilled to report that it’s going so well! In fact, even though we had activities almost every evening last week and a very full week, I got so much done — and had breathing room and rest time, too!

Here’s an update on how I did on my goals last week…

Last Week’s Goals Update

Personal Goals

1. Get in 52,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.) 

2. Finish reading Romancing Your Child’s Heart and Awful Beautiful Life and listening to the Killing Patton audiobook. 

3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. every week day.

Home/Family Goals

4. Decluttering: Garage freezer, bathroom closet, attic area, laundry room, car.

5. Start a new read aloud book together as a family.

6. Inventory what baby clothes we need to buy and purchase these.

Work/Blog Goals

7. Finish the introduction and write chapter 1 of my manuscript.

8. Write an in-depth honest review of Butcher Box. (You can read my Completely Honest Review of Butcher Box here.)

9. Run our $4 course sale.

Word of the Year Goals

10. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family. (We watched 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. I’ll share our thoughts on it on my book update post on Wednesday.)

11. Go out to dinner with Jesse for our anniversary.

12. Make tea, light a candle, and write a card to Jesse. 

I cleaned out the sock basket when I worked on the laundry room. Can you believe that in this overflowing basket of mismatched socks that had come through the laundry in the last 6-8 months there was not one single match??

This Week’s Goals

This week, I’m setting more personal goals because, as I wrote in my pregnancy update, I’m wanting to really prioritize earlier bedtimes and more hydration.

If you’re wondering why I have such a long list of books to read, that’s because 4 of the books are ones I’m reading in preparation for a podcast interview and another one is a book I’m reading in order to do an endorsement for a friend.

So it looks like a lot, but 4 of them are super short and I’m over halfway through two of the books on my list. It’s not as impressive as it might look! 🙂

2020: Week 3 — Goals

Personal Goals

1. Get in 53,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.) 

2. Finish reading 100 Ways to Love Your Husband, 100 Ways to Love Your Wife, 100 Words of Affirmation Your Wife Needs to Hear, 100 Words of Affirmation Your Husband Needs to Hear, Live Love Now, and No Better Mom for the Job. Finish listening to Killing the Rising Sun.

3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. every week day.

4. Go to bed by 10 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

5. Drink a gallon of water every day.

Home/Family Goals

6. Decluttering: Boxes of mementos, under bathroom sinks, and kitchen cupboards.

7. Finish reading Great Escapes of World War II aloud as a family.

8. Buy hats and coming home outfit for baby. (I’m chipping away at my To Do Before Baby Comes list a little bit per week.)

Work/Blog Goals

9. Write chapter 2 of my manuscript.

Word of the Year Goals

10. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.

11. Go to a movie with Jesse.

12. Go out to dinner with friends.

What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you do on last week’s goals? Tell us in the comments!

    
 

Gretchen’s $86 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 5

I’m happy to be back posting my menu plans after taking a couple of weeks off due to moving across the country to TN! We used up of most of our stockpile of groceries and all the meat in our freezer before we moved so I’m going to slowly be trying to build that back up. There was basically nothing in our cabinets before I went shopping this week so I ending up spending quite a bit. I’m expecting it to be like that for the next few weeks as I slowly stock our refrigerator and freezer.

We still have Kroger and Aldi in our new town, but we also have Ingles, Food City and Earthfare. I know nothing about these stores though and feel overwhelmed trying to figure out the sales there. So I just stuck with the two I knew – Kroger and Aldi. However, if any of you shop at an Ingles, Food City or Earthfare, I would love all the tips and tricks you can give me! I’m curious if these stores have better deals than Kroger or if they’re worth shopping at.

Kroger

1 pkg Chobani Yogurt – $1.49 after e-coupon (no longer available)

2 pkg Gold Metal Flour – Marked down to $0.99 each

1 Zia Marinara Sauce – $1

1 bag Mandarin Oranges – Marked down to $0.99

1 Wesson Oil – Marked down to $1.49

3.43 lbs Bananas – $2.02

1 Cascadian Farms Cereal – $1.99

1 Post Honey Bunches of Oats – $1.49, used $0.25/1 Ibotta rebate – $1.24 after rebate

1 bag Grapefruit – Marked down to $0.99

1 LGF Bar – $1.67, used Free Ibotta rebate – Free after rebate

2 The GFB Bars – $1.50 each, Used $2.19/2 Ibotta Rebate AND $2.19/2 Kroger Cash Back – Free plus $1.38 overage after rebates

1 Fage Yogurt – $1, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

1 Green Leaf Lettuce – $1.69

1 Cracker Barrel Cheese Cubes – $1, used $0.50/1 Ibotta rebate and $0.50/1 Kroger Cash Back – Free after rebates

5 bags Chocolate Chips – Marked down to $1 each (Sticking these in my freezer!)

1 Kroger Salad Dressing – $1.49

2 pkg Spaghetti Noodles – $0.49 each

Used $0.10 Ibotta rebate for any receipt

Total after coupons and rebates: $20.44

Aldi

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns – $0.85

1 pkg MooTubes – $1.55

2 dozen Eggs – $1.29 each

1 can Black Beans – $0.49

2 can Northern Beans – $0.55 each

2 Half & Half – $1.55 each

1 pkg Sausage – $1.89

1 lb Butter – $2.99

2 pkg Frozen Corn/Peas – $0.79 each

1 bag Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – $2.79

1 bag Honeycrisp Apples – $2.49

1 pkg Hot Dogs – $0.79

5 lb bag Potatoes – $2.59

1 bag Shredded Cheddar Cheese – $2.49

1 bag Frozen Chicken Breasts – $5.85

1 lb Ground Beef – $3.29

2.03 lbs Grapes – $2.62

1 bag Spinach – $1.39

1 bag Tilapia Fillets – $3.79

1 Seedless Cucumber – $1.29

1 small Cucumber – $0.45

1 pkg English Muffins – $1.15

1 pkg Tortillas – $0.99

1 bag Baby Carrots – $0.89

1 box Graham Crackers – $0.89

1 Fruit & Grain Bars – $1.35

1 Pineapple – $1.19

1 bag Sugar – $1.57

1 loaf Bread – $0.95

1 Baking Powder – $0.99

1 box Cheese Crackers – $1.49

1 can Diced Tomatoes – $0.45

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup – $0.49

0.93 lbs Roma Tomatoes – $0.88

1 Chunk Cheese – $1.69

2 Gallons Milk – $2.15 each

Total: $65.59

Total for both stores: $86.03

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, Eggs, English Muffins, Fruit, Oatmeal, Yogurt

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches x 2, Tossed Salad Bar, Cheese/Crackers/Fruit/Veggies x 2, Hot Dogs, Leftovers

Dinners

Pizza from Papa Johns using a gift card

Spaghetti, Grapefruit, Biscuits

Grilled Chicken & Tilapia, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Peas, Leftover Biscuits

Sour Cream Enchiladas, Steamed Carrots

Black Bean Quesadillas, Tortilla Chips (leftover from traveling), Steamed Corn

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, Mandarin Oranges, Sliced Cucumers

Meat Potato Quiche, Homemade Bread, Tossed Salad