Monday, January 27, 2020

My 5 Goals for This Week (and why I'm not setting very many goals) and more...

(By the way, I did, indeed, move the rug from in front of the toilet to in front of the sink. I thought that the hundreds of you who wrote in grossed out by this would be happy to hear that!) Last week was a really productive and great week. And I'm ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

My 5 Goals for This Week (and why I’m not setting very many goals)

(By the way, I did, indeed, move the rug from in front of the toilet to in front of the sink. I thought that the hundreds of you who wrote in grossed out by this would be happy to hear that!)

Last week was a really productive and great week. And I’m continuing to be so happy with my choice to set weekly goals instead of yearly goals in 2020. It seems like it’s keeping me a lot more accountable and making me more motivated!

Here’s an update on how I did on my goals for last week…

2020: Week 4 — Goals

Personal Goals

1. Get in 54,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.) 

2. Finish reading 100 Ways to Love Your Husband100 Ways to Love Your Wife,The Whole-Brain Child, and Live Love Now. Finish listening to Before and After.

3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

4. Go to bed by 10 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

5. Drink a gallon of water every day. (I almost hit this goal, but fell short a few days.)

Home/Family Goals

6. Get new shower curtain, rug, and towels for upstairs bathroom.

7. Read 40 pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family.

8. Get a crib and bedding. (I’m chipping away at my To Do Before Baby Comes list a little bit per week.)

Work/Blog Goals

9. Finish chapter 2 and write chapter 3 of my manuscript.

Word of the Year Goals

10. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.

11. Take Kathrynne out on a date for her birthday.

12. Light candle and write notes to our Compassion children.

I’m only setting 5 goals this week. We are doing respite care for another foster family this week so we’re hosting a sweet 10-year-old girl all week long, we have activities/commitments every night, Kathrynne turns 15, and I’m launching another 4-week Blog Coaching Group. 

So I decided I’d be very realistic in my goal-setting for this week and not try to bite off more than I could chew! That’s the beauty of taking things week by week, isn’t it?

2020: Week 5 — Goals

Personal Goals

1. Get in 54,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.) 

2. Finish reading The Path Between Us and Not So Perfect Mom. Finish listening to Originals: How Non-Conformist Move the World.

Home/Family Goals

3. Read 40 pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family.

Work/Blog Goals

4. Edit introduction through chapter 3 of my manuscript.

Word of the Year Goals

5. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.

What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you do on last week’s goals? Tell us in the comments!

    
 

Gretchen’s $82 Grocery Shopping Trip and Menu Plan for 5

Aldi

2 dozen Eggs – $0.90 each

1 pkg Chicken Thighs – Marked down to $3.03

2 pkg Shredded Cheese – $2.79 each

2 pkg Hot Dogs – $0.79 each

1 Chunk Cheese – $1.69

1 pkg Oyster Crackers – $0.79

1 pkg Tortilla Chips – $0.89

1 Half & Half – $1.55

1 Cottage Cheese – $1.59

1 lb Butter – $2.89

2 gallon Milk – $2.41 each

1 jar Dill Pickles – $0.95

1 pkg Flour Tortillas – $1.19

2 pkg Yeast – $0.89 each

1 bag Spinach – $1.39

1 can Diced Tomatoes – $0.45

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns – $0.85

2 pkg Frozen Peas/Corn – $0.79 each

1 pkg MooTubes – $1.55

1 box Crisp Rice Cereal – $1.45

1 loaf Bread – $0.95

2 Cucumbers – $0.49 each

2 pkg Strawberries – $1.79 each

1 pkg Frozen Broccoli – $0.99

1 pkg Blueberries – $1.49

1 jar Marinara Sauce – $0.85

1 can Refried Beans – $0.75

2 cans Cream of Mushroom/Chicken Soup – $0.49 each

Total: $55.15

Kroger

1 Mom’s Best Cereal – $2.49, used $1/1 e-coupon AND $0.25/1 Ibotta rebate – $1.24 after coupon and rebate

1 box Zone Perfect Kidz Bars – Marked down to $2.57 (My son LOVES these and I rarely buy them because they are so expensive. I was super excited to find these marked down to surprise him!)

1 Vero Gusto by Barilla Sauce – $3.99, used $6/1 Ibotta rebate – $2.01 moneymaker after rebate

2 The GFB Bars – $0.99 each, used $2.19/1 Ibotta rebate – $0.21 moneymaker after rebate

1 Smucker’s Grape Jelly – $1.29

1 Private Selection Chips – $0.99 after e-coupon (no longer available)

1 Pace Picante Sauce – $0.99 after e-coupon (no longer available)

1 Love Grown Cereal – $2.49, used $1.50/1 e-coupon – $0.99 after coupon

2 Annie’s Mac & Cheese – $1.49 each, used $1/2 e-coupon – $0.99 each after coupon

3 Kashi GO Cereal – $1.79 each, used 3 $0.65/1 Ibotta rebate AND 3 $0.50/1 Kroger Cash Back – $0.64 each after rebates

1 box Larabars – Marked down to $2.99, used $0.50/1 e-coupon – $2.49 after coupon

2 pkg Strawberries – $1.67 each (I didn’t realized these were cheaper than Aldi until I saw the sale while shopping so I ended up picking up 2 more packages.)

2.78 lbs Bananas – $1.64

Used $0.10/1 Ibotta rebate for any receipt

Total after coupons and rebates: $17.12

Food City

1 bag Romaine Lettuce Hearts – $2

2 bags Golden Potatoes – $2 each

2 bags Navel Oranges – $2 each

Total: $10

Publix

The MOST exciting discovery of the week was that there is a Publix in my new town as well! I’ve never shopped at Publix before but I see so many good deals there on the blogs I follow so I am thrilled.

2 Nivea Men’s Shaving Foam – $1.75 each, used 2 $1.80/1 Ibotta rebate – $0.10 moneymaker after rebates

2 GoGo Blastz at $3.29 – On Sale Buy One, Get One Free, used $3.29/1 Ibotta rebate – Free after rebate

1 Oikos Pro-Fuel Yogurt – $2.50, used Free e-coupon – Free after coupon

Total: $0.10 moneymaker after coupon and rebates

Total for all stores: $82.17

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, Oatmeal, Toast, Yogurt, Fruit, Brown Sugar Biscuit Twists

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Cheese/Crackers/Fruit, Hot Dogs, Hard Boiled Eggs/Fruit/Cheese, Tossed Salad Bar, Baked Potatoes, Mac & Cheese

Dinners

Cheese Pizza

Oven Fried Chicken Thighs, Mashed Potatoes, Biscuits

Southwest Rollups, Chips & Salsa

Eggs, Biscuits (leftover), Fruit

Baked Ziti, Steamed Broccoli, Homemade Bread

Chicken Tetrazzini, Steamed Peas, Tossed Salad

Beef & Gravy over Rice, Sliced Oranges