Wednesday, April 17, 2019

5 Unique Ways To Make Money Cleaning Your Home and more...

Are you looking for unique ways to make money from home? Did you know that you can make a nice chunk of change just by taking stock of what you already have, staying organized, and decluttering regularly? {Looking for other unique ways to make money? ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

5 Unique Ways To Make Money Cleaning Your Home

Are you looking for unique ways to make money from home? Did you know that you can make a nice chunk of change just by taking stock of what you already have, staying organized, and decluttering regularly?

{Looking for other unique ways to make money? Check out our list of over 40 different income-earning ideas!}

Make money from home by cleaning and organizing

Guest post from Rebekah of The Tex-Mex Mom:

I’ve never really loved cleaning. I love a clean room for sure, but cleaning? It’s not really my favorite.

One thing I do love, though, is finding ways to make money from home!

Did you know that you can make money cleaning your own home? Yes, you can! How’s that for cleaning motivation?

Here are some of my favorite ways to make money cleaning your own home…

1. Collect spare change

As you clean your home, make it your goal to see how much spare change you can find.

Good spots for finding random change in my home are:

  • under the couch (along with who knows what else!)
  • at the bottom of the purse and diaper bag
  • in the laundry room
  • in random pants and jacket pockets

I’ve even found a few stray bills on occasion – that’s always a big win! You might be amazed how much spare change you can collect when you intentionally look for it.

2. Make the most of your receipts

If you’re like me, you probably have way too many old receipts that need to be cleaned out. Before just throwing them all out, scan some of your recent ones into a shopping app like Ibotta or Fetch.

Take Fetch for example: You can usually get between 2-4k points just for downloading it and using it the first time. Quickly scan a couple receipts and you’ll have enough points to cash out a $5 gift card (5k points) right away!

I will say that the amount of points or dollars back that shopping apps give you tend to decrease after using the apps awhile, but they’re definitely worth downloading at least for the beginning bonuses.

3. Clean out your closet

Closets have a way of starting to overflow after a while!

Take some time to clean out your own or your kids’ closets. Pull out any clothes you no longer need and set aside the nice pieces to take to a consignment store.

I have earned an easy $10 to $25 multiple times by selling clothes we are no longer wearing!

You can also sell online through places like ThredUp or through the Poshmark app.

4. Say goodbye to books you never read

While you’re dusting your bookshelf, pull out the books you know you’ll never read again and post them for sale on Amazon.

My husband did this a few weeks ago and was amazed how many books he sold. You may not make big bucks, but every little bit helps!

5. Sort through your DVDs and Blu-rays

Ready for my favorite tip? (I’m pretty proud of this one.) My husband and I took some time last week to clean out and organize our DVD collection. We decided to put them all in an album and get rid of the cases. I don’t know why it took us so long to do this — it saves so much space!!

As I was organizing the DVDs I realized we had several Disney movies that came with both a DVD and a Blu-ray disk — and we’d never even touched the Blu-rays. We stuck the Blu-rays back in their original cases and posted them on Facebook Marketplace (obviously with the disclaimer that they did not include the DVD.) They all sold right away. Score!

6. Take stock of what you already have

This is more of a tip for saving money, but that’s just as important right?

When you’re cleaning out the space under your kitchen and bathroom sinks, take careful stock of what you already have. If you’re like me you probably have more spare toiletries and cleaning supplies hidden in there than you realized!

Taking stock of what you already have and organizing it will keep you from spending money unnecessarily!

While I still don’t love cleaning, finding ways to make money from home has definitely given me more motivation to clean!

Have you found ways to make money from home while cleaning? I’d love to hear them!

I’m Rebekah, wife to Pablo and mom to three little kiddos. I enjoy staying home with my kids, teaching English online with VIPKID, and reading new books when I get a chance. I love to write about motherhood, frugal living, and everything else that pops into my head on my blog, The Tex-Mex Mom.

top photo source