Friday, March 1, 2019

Meet my older sister, Brigette

A number of you all have been asking recently, “Who is this Brigette person who posts her grocery posts every week?” She's actually my very talented older sister and I asked her if she could write a post introducing herself and her family this week ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

money-making-mom-300x250

Meet my older sister, Brigette

A number of you all have been asking recently, “Who is this Brigette person who posts her grocery posts every week?” She’s actually my very talented older sister and I asked her if she could write a post introducing herself and her family this week so you could know who the person is behind the grocery posts! -Crystal

Hi there! I’m Brigette Shevy, and my claim to fame is that I am Crystal’s older sister. She and I both love couponing, saving money, and getting a good deal. I’ve been doing grocery posts on her blog for a few years now, and several of you have been curious to know more about my family. So here you go!

I’ve been married to Eirik, the love of my life, for 13 1/2 years. We are exact opposites in almost every area!

He has a master’s degree in church music/voice, and currently works as an elementary music teacher at a public school in South Carolina. He also works part-time as the music pastor at our church.

Eirik is funny, outgoing, confident, opinionated, and the life of every party! When he’s not working, he is busy being an awesome husband and dad! He can fix, remodel, or build just about anything. And he’s an avid bow hunter (hello, free meat!).

I’m a stay-at-home mom and love (almost) every minute of it. I homeschool our four children, and feel so blessed to have my dream job! I have a master’s degree in music composition – I play piano and harp, and write music for The Wilds.

I am also very involved with the music at our church, as well as helping my children keep up with their practicing and performing. My other passions include close friends and heart-to-heart talks, long-distance running, freshly ground coffee, and any kind of chocolate!

I love baking, gardening, home decorating, shopping, and hanging out with my friends and family. I’m quiet and reserved (until I feel comfortable around you!), and a little bit moody. 😉

And yes, my hair is naturally this blonde – but once you meet me…you wouldn’t need to ask. Ha!

Cadence is 12 going on 21! She’s an amazingly talented violinist, and is currently concertmistress of the Preparatory Youth Orchestra of Charlotte.

She’s been teaching piano and violin lessons for 2 years. Since God knew I was going to only have one daughter, He made sure she loved ALL the girly things.

I now have a fashionista in the home who tries to help me with my makeup and clothes. She’s also a huge help with her younger brothers.

Hudson is my academic child. He excels at every subject in school, and is a nerd in the best sense of the word!

He also plays violin and piano and has read every single book at our public library that’s on the “parent-approved/age-appropriate” list. Well, almost.

Hudson enjoys hunting with Eirik and riding his hoverboard. He inherited my blonde hair, and my shy personality – but at 10 years old, he’s making the best of it. 😉

Jaron is my passionate kid with the loud, daring personality. He does everything BIG, and the fact that he’s still alive after 8 years is a testimony to God’s mercy!

I have more unbelievable stories about him than all my other children combined. He grudgingly practices piano and trumpet everyday, and also lets me know every.single.day how much he doesn’t enjoy it.

He wants to be a gold miner or a video gamer when he grows up…not sure how that’s going to work out for him.

Clayton is our wonderful surprise baby! He is always happy and laid back, and he is quick to make people laugh.

It’s hard to believe he just turned 5! He has been playing the violin for a few months, and is quite the little musician. He’s obsessed with coloring, legos, riding his bike, and giving hugs. I couldn’t ask for an easier child!

As a family – if we aren’t doing something music-related – we enjoy church activities, hiking, swimming, board games, food, movies, travelling, reading, and having people over to our house. We even attempt sports, but as a whole, we aren’t very coordinated.  Our house is loud and crazy, and we love God most of all —  I wouldn’t have it any other way!