Friday, September 1, 2017

This week, I did something scary… and more...

Yesterday, I launched my brand-new Say Goodbye to Survival Mode course. And I have to tell you that I was really scared to put it out to the world. My husband and team and close friends will tell you that […]

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Photobucket

This week, I did something scary…

Yesterday, I launched my brand-new Say Goodbye to Survival Mode course. And I have to tell you that I was really scared to put it out to the world.

My husband and team and close friends will tell you that this week was hard for me. I struggled with doubt, with insecurity, and with angst.

I’ve made huge strides over the past few years to be more authentic and vulnerable and less of a people-pleaser. But this course is so different than anything I’ve ever written or produced or created before and I was worried about how it would be received.

Would people be surprised? Was I too vulnerable? Did I share too much of my story? Should I have just stuck to practical advice and strategies?

These questions have swirled around and around in my head this past week.

Yes, I Still Struggle with a Lot of Fear

I know that many times, people look at someone like me who has a lot of followers and who has been blogging for a long time and you’ll think that I wouldn’t struggle with these thoughts. That I should be immune to fear and self-doubt. But I’m here to tell you that that’s just not true.

I’ve gotten more courageous and confident in recent years, but fear is still a regular visitor in my life — especially during a week like this week where I was launching something new and different and very outside my usual safe spaces.

As I was talking with a friend about this earlier this week, he wisely said to me, “Do you believe this is the course you were supposed to write? Do you believe that this was the message God gave you to share? If so, then you need to own it and share it and not worry if a lot of people don’t like it.”

You see, for the past year, so many people have begged me to talk about the journey I’ve been on. You’ve noticed the changes. You’ve seen a difference in my writing. You’ve sensed a lightness and a joy in me that you’ve not seen before.

You’ve written in and asked me to share more about it. But I wasn’t ready to share. Because I wanted to live it quietly. I wanted to process it all privately. And I just didn’t feel ready to share.

This Wasn’t the Course I Planned to Write

When I set out to write this course, I didn’t plan to share personal journey over the past two years of breaking free from being addicted to productivity, of no longer finding my worth in my work, of the untethering from busyness and discovering the joy of a restful pace of life.

I actually had outlined a course that was more about systems and strategies and steps. That’s what I had envisioned it would be. That’s what I told other people I was going to write about.

Then, I sat down to write and create and record the course…and what flowed out completely surprised me. It wasn’t a simple step-by-step plan or a 3-point strategy for getting your life more in order.

It was raw. It was gut-honest. And it was an in-depth look of the journey I’ve been on the last two years to break free from burnout. I didn’t even really realize how all of these pieces fit together and how my story had transpired like it did until I started writing this course.

And it took me by surprise.

But I Believe It’s the Course I Was Supposed to Write

After mulling over it and asking close friends for counsel, I decided that the time was right to share my journey. To open up about the last two years and to bring you into the journey I’ve been on and let you get a peek into the heart transformation that has happened and how it has come about.

Yes, the Say Goodbye to Survival Mode course is much different than I thought it was going to be. It’s a huge departure from what most people would expect from me. But it’s the course I was supposed to write.

And so, with fear and trepidation, I’m launching it out into the world trusting that it is going to help and impact and encourage and bless those who need it. I’d love for you to check it out over here (it’s $10 off through Tuesday!)

Oh and thank you so very much for the way that you all continue to cheer me on in this journey. I feel eternally indebted to you all for how you constantly encourage me, bless me, and inspire me to be brave.

P.S. If you would love to purchase the course but you are in serious financial need right now, I’d love to gift you a copy of the course. Just email me (moneysavingmom @ gmail.com) and I’ll send you access!

    
 

What to Buy (and Skip) in September

What to Buy (and Skip) in September

Julie from Frugally Blonde put together a great list of what to buy (and skip) in September.

    
 

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.