Monday, April 22, 2024

Crystal's $118 Kroger Delivery Order + Menu Plan for the Week

Well, I tried something different this past week and it didn't go so well. But now I know, right? I wanted to get my groceries delivered on Friday and didn't order until Thursday night. By then, all the grocery Kroger blue truck delivery slots were full ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Multicolored divider

Crystal’s $118 Kroger Delivery Order + Menu Plan for the Week

Well, I tried something different this past week and it didn’t go so well. But now I know, right?

I wanted to get my groceries delivered on Friday and didn’t order until Thursday night. By then, all the grocery Kroger blue truck delivery slots were full and the only option was to get my groceries delivery via Instacart.

If you are new to Kroger Boost, you pay a one-time yearly fee (I got a deal and got it for $39) and then you get free delivery to your door for an entire year. Here’s what I’ve learned: some areas offer fulfillment by Kroger Delivery and some areas offer fulfillment by Instacart and some areas offer both.

If you have your order fulfilled by the Kroger delivery truck, tipping is not allowed AND you’ll get offered flash sales when you go to order (you can get up to 10 of each item and some of the flash sales are really good!)

If your order is fulfilled by Instacart, you don’t pay a delivery fee still, but you do want to leave a tip. And there are no flash sales offered.

I decided to go ahead and pay the tip (I did the suggested amount of $10) and forego the flash sales because I really wanted to have my order in hand by Friday. I figured paying someone $10 to do my shopping and deliver my groceries was a pretty good deal.

But I ended up not being a fan of the experience. For one, I missed the flash sales at checkout and I got less bang for my buck because of paying a tip. BUT, the biggest thing was that so many items I ordered didn’t arrive and were marked “out of stock”. I have never had this happen with the Kroger delivery truck. It felt like the Instacart shopper wasn’t familiar with the store or just didn’t know where to look. Because most of the items were basic things that I can’t imagine would be out of stock!

So word to the wise: use the Kroger delivery service AND make sure to order early enough in the week that they will still have delivery slots left for Friday (if you clip the 4x Fuel Points coupon and have a Kroger Boost membership, you’ll get 5x fuel points if your order is delivered on Friday!)

What We Ate for Dinner This Past Week:

Scrambled Eggs, Strawberries (Jesse and Silas were at an out-of-town baseball game and Kaitlynn was working).

Sausage/Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes (I made it on the stove top as an experiment and it took longer and turned out mushier. I recommend just sticking with the slow cooker or making it on a sheet pan in the oven.)

Fend For Yourself Night (Kaitlynn and Silas were both gone, so Jesse had cereal, the little kids had a snacky dinner, and I think I had a sandwich.)

Chicken, Steamed Veggies, Tater Tots

Leftovers Marinated Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade French Bread, Steamed Veggies

My sister, Gretchen, recommended this Homemade French Bread recipe to me and I was SO impressed with it. It was so easy to make and it turned out delicious!! I will definitely be making it again!

I was excited about the Tyson Chicken deal as we love that for quick meals. Unfortunately, I only received 2 bags and the other three I ordered were marked “out of stock”.

Cereal was on sale buy 2, get 3 free, which made for a pretty good deal.

Chicken breasts were Buy One, Get One Free and the deli meats were $3.49 per package.

All totaled, including tax and a $10 tip, my order was $118.27

   
 
Multicolored Divider