Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Crystal's $117 Kroger Pick-Up Trip

I'm still in the exploratory phase to try to determine what the best grocery budget amount is for our family for this season. I thought it was going to be $150, but I am not sure since I spent $117 this past week and that was enough for us to have ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Multicolored divider

Crystal’s $117 Kroger Pick-Up Trip

I’m still in the exploratory phase to try to determine what the best grocery budget amount is for our family for this season. I thought it was going to be $150, but I am not sure since I spent $117 this past week and that was enough for us to have plenty of food for the entire week, including plenty for a lot of snacks!

That said, we don’t have tax on food right now in TN AND I had a $10 off $100 Kroger coupon (that they’d sent me in the mail), so I would have spent around $22 more on all of this had there been tax and had I not had the $10 off coupon.

So I’ll keep you posted as I figure this out! I don’t want to pick a number then feel like I need to raise it again in two weeks. 🙂

I did a grocery pick-up oder since that was what was most convenient this week. It was my first time to use coupons on a grocery pick-up order (for some reason, I’d always felt like it might mess things up or make things too complicated). Well, it could not have been easier! They scanned them right at the car and it took them right off! Plus, they were so nice about my having coupons and seemed genuinely excited for me to be saving the amount that I was!

Here’s what I got for $117:

Lots of great snacks, quick and easy foods, some good deals on fruit, lots of cereal, and some ingredients to complete a few meals for this coming week!

I felt like I got a LOT of groceries for just $117!

The grapes were just $0.99/lb and you could get 5 pounds with the digital coupon! I sent some with Kathrynne to have for snacks/meals at college this week. The sausage was $1.99 each with the digital coupon — perfect for breakfast for dinner nights!

The raspberries were just $1.67 and the oatmeal packets were $1.67 each, too. My kids love having the oatmeal for breakfast or a snack! The frozen veggies were $0.99/box.

The Little Bites were Buy One, Get One Free. My kids LOVE these for snacks and in their lunches. The milk was $1.69 per half gallon so I picked up some chocolate milk as a treat, too.

The best deal of the week (I thought!) was the granola bars for $1.29 each with the digital coupon and there was a $1 ibotta rebate — so you could get them for $0.29/box after the cash back!

   
 
Multicolored Divider